New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Playground 4: SAN Overboard!

Wayfarer's Point, Bukiya Inn
    24th of Amber's Fall, Morning

Drallic goes to relax at a chair as Myst serves him breakfast. The cabbage-wrapped meal has been something he sees a lot here since he's a frequent visitor. The minotaur has known Non and Myst to be amazing cooks and he wouldn't choose anyone else at the Point over them. Sure the nobles could do a better job but the chances of Drallic trying their food is little more than a fantasy.

Drallic takes a quick look at the food before digging in with delight. He isn't the messiest of eaters but is not the most elegant of ones either. He knows how to eat properly but it is too much of a hassle for him. Most minotaurs needs more food for substance than a human does and Drallic goes through that cabbage roll in a flash. His diet usually composed of fish, greens, and any sort of meat; he mostly ate fish though nowadays. The kind of food Drallic eats, especially at the Bukiya Inn, is different than what he ate at his home continent. Back then Drallic ate mostly animal meat there and meals were much less appealing in looks. While eating a human or elf isn't outside the realm of possibilities for a minotaur, it is hardly practical or beneficial. Most animals provide a better fill and ultimately are better off cooked.

Drallic could hear Non and Myst arguing as he was eating his breakfast. Once he is finished he slides his chair to look at the two females. A relaxed and humored look sprouts on his face as he folds his hands behind his head. "Ah, c'mon girls! You both know my business has been good since the Inn opened. I don't take breaks every other day now." He chuckles quietly for a moment. "I mean it'd be great to go travelin' sometime but that'd have to be planned first." Drallic looks over to where the owl usually is. "Course I'd suggest not leavin' the Inn just to Arukumedez. Where has that sly owl been off this time?" Drallic stands up to pass his empty plate to Myst now that he is done breakfast.

Wayfarer's Point, The Market
    25th of Amber's Fall, Morning
    (The Rescue of Arukumedez)

Drallic's morning begins like that of any merchant day. Set out for fish before the sun rises and set up shop once the sun comes up. He has a bit of a small stall prepared each day at the market. The stall is made of wooden oak replaced every two months to keep it from looking old. Fish are lined up on the wall behind the stall and hanging from the stall; they're all for sale along with some special offers of the minotaur's. While he sells the kind of fish that people can get at any market, Drallic's fishing skills allow him to nab special kinds that come exceedingly rare. Today's special is a surprisingly large yellowtail snapper hanging directly above the minotaur's head. While the price range for most of Drallic's fish are reasonable, some such as the snapper are more costly; they would be the kind that us purchased by someone richer than a simple commoner. Drallic usually recommends people to not purchase his special fish unless they still have plenty of marks afterward. He's trying to make a living, not stealing much needed pennies from the needy.

At a short time when the market decides to quiet down, Drallic can hear a familiar voice calling down the street. He can see Myst running down the market, calling for Arukumedez. Shortly after, Drallic notices an unwomanly dressed female with reddish-brown hair following Myst. It only takes a second for the minotaur to notice the woman as Rayle Bancross. Drallic isn't sure what the infamous treasure hunter wanted with Mystletinn but it is too much of a temptation to ignore and not find out.

Knowing he didn't have much time to catch up, Drallic quickly places his items away. He removes the hanging fish up for sale and places it in a box that is considered small only for himself. The box is placed in a carefully-made hole that is placed directly underneath the stall. From there he hands a large, wooden "CLOSED" sign over his stall and takes off after Myst and Rayle. Unfortunately Drallic isn't quite the runner like the treasure hunter is, so he found himself falling behind quite a bit. Being a lot bigger and a lot less dexterous than a human did not help matters in the market. With what could have been a bellowing roar, Drallic tries to get Myst to notice him with a loud, commanding, "HOLD UP!"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Of Emeralds and Barnacle Teeth
    Tales of the Dead Ship

Wayfarer's Point
    26th of Amber's Fall

The port was alive as ships prepared to push off. Sails were raised, supplies loaded, and the occasional sound of cannon fire overwhelmed the port as ship after ship moved out. For the race was on. Ever since the Fanged Barnacle had limped into port two days ago the rumor had spread like wildfire. The Esmerelda; crown jewel of the Tirian Merchant fleet had been left crippled on the open waters after a fierce battle with the mighty Barnacle. And now every pirate who had ever fancied himself good with charts from that same ship was offering the location to the highest bidder. For the Esmerelda was no ordinary prize. That ship handled one of the longest and most profitable trade routes in the known world. There was enough on that boat for an entire crew to live off their lives in comfort.

Deck of the Dirty Hangman

The deck was alive as Jonathan stepped onto the ship. Quickly putting up a mental signal so that the crew would avoid running into him, he made his way up to the back of the ship.

"The wind is fair enough Captain Keeler. And I've inspected your ship. She's not much prepared for any long journeys but by my reckoning our prize should be only a day out to sea Perhaps two if the wind turns against us."

"It won't." Jonathan interrupted, a smile on his face. "I can make sure of that. Jonathan Hearth, a pleasure to be on your ship Captain."

A pleasure to have you if you can keep on to that promise mr. Hearth."

"And here I thought my reputation proceeded me."

Keeler grinned. "Oh I know who you are mage. We'll see if the man lives up to the legend."

At this Jonathan grimaced. "Legends have a habit of being greatly exaggerated. Nevertheless... Jonathan wavered for a moment before slipping into a tongue that made no sound. As he spoke the sails began to rise. "This I can do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jonathan has added Fair Winds to the Hangman's course. Hangman's current score is 23

Deck of the Plunderer's Folly

As usual, you could never be sure just quite where Farlin had appeared from. Yet appeared he had right at Vasae's side.

"It is time to go now yes? Where must I go to correct the course of this ship?"

Spoiler
    Show
    the Folly's current score is 17 This means Rackham has a choice. Arrive at the Esmerelda shortly after the Hangman, try and pin down the Hangman (has an 8 modifier to its evade roll) with the added risk of losing points should they fail in this effort, or spend 5 points to attack the Hawk or the Fish before they reach the Esmerelda.

Deck of the Spotted Fish

As the ships set sail Captain Waters called up to the mage sitting in the Crow's Eye.

"Morgus! We're not going to be able to outpace some of these vessels. Can you think of a way to slow them down once we leave port?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If Morgus can effectively bring his lightning into action against another vessel that ship will lose 4 points.

Deck of the Laughing Hawk

Captain Mariah Zelt clutched the maps to the Esmerelda's last known location tightly with her left hand. Her plan was simple enough; Follow the Spotted Fish from as comfortable a distance as she could manage, and feel confident that the charts would keep her on course.

Hunters and Scavengers

After the front runners had left port three ships set sail behind them. the Crab Claw, the Hornet and the Grey Lass. Each of them hoping to take advantage of a wounded ship, or perhaps even seize the location of the Esmerelda by force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should a ship fall under 6 the Scavengers will catch up with them. Provided no one falls to 7 the Scavengers will lose their course of the second day and be forced to return to port.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

21st of Amber's Fall
    Deck of the Wraith
    Morning
    Lucrezia

Lucrezia sat upon the edge of the ebon ship, holding herself steady with an arm wrapped around the netting of the ship. She looked onto the ocean, the unifying waters which allowed the transportation of goods and people across them with vessels of wood, or otherwise, at least as long as the seas wrath isn't incurred. Thereon, she saw man vessels preparing to leave, after some ship called "The Esmerelda" if she remembered correctly. Supposedly, that ship held in its bowels treasures worth more than a king's ransom. It was a worthwhile and lucrative prize. She wondered if perhaps the Captain had any interest.

She removed herself from the deck, winding and finding herself down in the dark recesses of the ship. Her boot heels clacked soundly, resonating. They came to a sound stop once she found herself before a pair of great doors. At that moment, only the echos of the sea could be heard. She knocked on the door.

"Captain, may I come in?"
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Of Emeralds and Barnacle Teeth
    Tales of the Dead Ship

Wayfarer's Point
    26th of Amber's Fall

The port was alive as ships prepared to push off. Sails were raised, supplies loaded, and the occasional sound of cannon fire overwhelmed the port as ship after ship moved out. For the race was on. Ever since the Fanged Barnacle had limped into port two days ago the rumor had spread like wildfire. The Esmerelda; crown jewel of the Tirian Merchant fleet had been left crippled on the open waters after a fierce battle with the mighty Barnacle. And now every pirate who had ever fancied himself good with charts from that same ship was offering the location to the highest bidder. For the Esmerelda was no ordinary prize. That ship handled one of the longest and most profitable trade routes in the known world. There was enough on that boat for an entire crew to live off their lives in comfort.

Deck of the Dirty Hangman

The deck was alive as Jonathan stepped onto the ship. Quickly putting up a mental signal so that the crew would avoid running into him, he made his way up to the back of the ship.

"The wind is fair enough Captain Keeler. And I've inspected your ship. She's not much prepared for any long journeys but by my reckoning our prize should be only a day out to sea Perhaps two if the wind turns against us."

"It won't." Jonathan interrupted, a smile on his face. "I can make sure of that. Jonathan Hearth, a pleasure to be on your ship Captain."

A pleasure to have you if you can keep on to that promise mr. Hearth."

"And here I thought my reputation proceeded me."

Keeler grinned. "Oh I know who you are mage. We'll see if the man lives up to the legend."

At this Jonathan grimaced. "Legends have a habit of being greatly exaggerated. Nevertheless... Jonathan wavered for a moment before slipping into a tongue that made no sound. As he spoke the sails began to rise. "This I can do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jonathan has added Fair Winds to the Hangman's course. Hangman's current score is 23

Deck of the Plunderer's Folly

As usual, you could never be sure just quite where Farlin had appeared from. Yet appeared he had right at Vasae's side.

"It is time to go now yes? Where must I go to correct the course of this ship?"

Spoiler
    Show
    the Folly's current score is 17 This means Rackham has a choice. Arrive at the Esmerelda shortly after the Hangman, try and pin down the Hangman (has an 8 modifier to its evade roll) with the added risk of losing points should they fail in this effort, or spend 5 points to attack the Hawk or the Fish before they reach the Esmerelda.

Deck of the Spotted Fish

As the ships set sail Captain Waters called up to the mage sitting in the Crow's Eye.

"Morgus! We're not going to be able to outpace some of these vessels. Can you think of a way to slow them down once we leave port?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If Morgus can effectively bring his lightning into action against another vessel that ship will lose 4 points.

Deck of the Laughing Hawk

Captain Mariah Zelt clutched the maps to the Esmerelda's last known location tightly with her left hand. Her plan was simple enough; Follow the Spotted Fish from as comfortable a distance as she could manage, and feel confident that the charts would keep her on course.

Hunters and Scavengers

After the front runners had left port three ships set sail behind them. the Crab Claw, the Hornet and the Grey Lass. Each of them hoping to take advantage of a wounded ship, or perhaps even seize the location of the Esmerelda by force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should a ship fall under 6 the Scavengers will catch up with them. Provided no one falls to 7 the Scavengers will lose their course of the second day and be forced to return to port.
    Of course I can- should we get in range, of course. I cannot simply will that our competition be vanquished into oblivion. Morgus hollered back, before leaning over to begin his des- whoa there!- his descent to the deck. Finally hopping down, he dusted off (one of his four layers of) clothes. Should you get me in suitable range, I would be more than happy to smite them with lightning. Though, there would still be one more question remaining regarding this strategy...

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

22st of Amber's Fall, Morning
    Clive - GuyFawkes

Spoiler
    Show

Non hesitantly laughed. Actually she was surprised Clive hadn't heard about Compass Rose Swords. Especially if he wanted to be a hero when he was a child. Didn't everyone know those stories?
    Non had wanted to become an adventurer, just a little because of the stories of Compass Rose Sword. Of course, after to meet Mystletinn, she had learned more. And one of the big reasons she made the collection, is to try to find stories about the Compass Rose Swords. So, to be possible that Peacemaker is a Compass Rose Sword, it is a troubled position. "Well, they are supposed to be weapons of heroes. Like [Lightbringer] or [Valkyrie], and such. I haven't heard of [Peacekeeper]... But I think one of the special traits of the Compass Rose swords is they can change shape.

But I don't know about a gun. I have never heard a story like that. It does seem strange to call a gun a sword."
    Non agreed. She would have to ask Myst later. Probably Myst would refuse to be a gun. But they could experiment.

How long could she not reveal Myst to Clive? It would be easier at this time. But wasn't that dangerous? Non was confused. The design of Peacemaker was certainly similar to Myst's design in some ways.
    Was this gun a copy of a Compass Rose Sword? Maybe the design was just copied? Could such a blacksmith exist? With a certain blacksmith pride, Non wanted to think it is not possible. But it can't be called impossible.

"Can I hold her?" Non asked. Maybe Peacemaker would respond to Non? Non wasn't sure. But Myst liked Clive, so maybe Peacemaker would like Non? It was a small chance.

(ooc: It is so hard to not make a reveal now! I think to wait until after adventure finishes for Clives.)

Drallic - Starsign

Spoiler
    Show

Myst makes a big smile.
    "He has been very sly recently, to travel and here and there in the inn to surprise visitors."
    "Mostly, he greets customers by the door. I hear in Ancient Uetaru that Owls are a royal symbol and mean good luck." Non said.
    Myst agrees with a satisfied expression.
    "Do you want more?" Myst asked, to see the finish of breakfast.

"Rescue of Arukumedez"
    10:05

Myst was looking here and there quickly. She stopped to try to breathe. Where was Arukumedez? Running only made more panic. A bird statue flying away in a crowd, there is fear and also loneliness for Myst. But even as she feels this, there is a voice that makes her turn. It is a surprise for Myst to see Rayle Bancross to come running to her, and there some hope restored. Rayle was good at finding hidden things. So far she hadn't found Myst's secret, but at least here, Myst could hope that Rayle could help to find a lost owl.

"Ms. Bancross!" Myst said, to catch her breath. She only realized now a headband was forgotten and a tattoo was visible on her right hand. But it wasn't so important. Arukumedez was lost. So when Rayle was close enough, Myst grabbed her shirt.

"Arukumedez is gone!" Myst cried."He was gone this morning! But I took good care of him! I didn't think he was going to leave! He might be in danger! I have to find him! Non was coming to the market this morning... She'll be so sad too! Please, Ms. Bancross. You are an expert at finding treasured ones. Please help me find him!" Myst said. For Myst, who didn't normally speak so emotionally and quickly about something, she is clearly upset.

While it is not easy for a sword who looks human to run in a crowd, and while Rayle is an expert of running in a crowd, Drallic doesn't have to run in a crowd, because people make an open way for him to run.
    Does anyone like to stand in front of a running minotaur? No.

Of course, with such a roar and an easy to see style, Myst looks over Rayle's shoulder. There is some more hope and relief in Myst's eyes.

"Drallic! Please, you have to help! Arukumedez is gone! I can't find him, he's lost! He might be in danger! Please help me find him!" Myst said.

She looks wildly between Rayle and Drallic with hesitation and makes a prayer sign with her hands. "Please! Before he becomes lost forever!"

~*~

Non however, was completely unknown of the affairs of the market. Idly she examines some dresses before to continue with a smile and wave to the shopkeeper.
    What color would Myst like? Carrying a basket and humming a certain theme song, Non continued shopping with ignorance.

(ooc: OK, I think this is enough characters! Or it will be too difficult. I have idea for Clive and Jonathan to join, if they are in Market too.
    But it seems group is Drallic, Rayle, Jonathan, Clive, Myst. Of course Non is here too, but doesn't know. If it is desired, Clive and Jonathan please describe time in market. I will make a join for you soon with [plot]

Of scene time, I will move it forward with my posts. After it becomes 11:30, if Arukumedez cannot be found, players may feel guilty, to make a heartwarming story become sad!)
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

22nd of Amber's Fall, Morning

"Hmm...swords that talk to their wielders and can change shape? I don't know about Compass-Something-Swords, but I do know about The Holy Swords of Harmonia! Ahh, that brings back memories! Every kid knows about the eight Holy Swords! Ahaha, well at least in my village. I mean, maaan! We used to quarrel over who gets to be the Holy Wielders!" Clive began to reminisce with enthusiasm, mimicking holding a sword in both hands and swinging at the air with it.

Then, turning to Non, he stopped and smiled and pointed at himself by bringing his right thumb to his chest. "Yours truly was always the Wielder of the Holy Sword of Light, Lumina!" He imagined holding the sword with two hands, raised it up over his head, and swung down heavily while shouting, "Die, creature of darkness!" For a gunslinger, his swing form was not bad.

Suddenly coming back to the present, he looked at his pose and Non awkwardly, before straightening up and scratching his head. "Ah...ahahahaha! I got a little carried away there, didn't I?" he said with an embarrassed grin.

"Well, the Something-Something-Swords and the Holy Swords of Harmonia might probably be the same, ya know? That's usually the case of legends and myths. Different places, different names," he said with a noncommittal shrug.

Going back to the table, he looked at Peacemaker, smirked, and said, "That stupid gun, a Legendary Sword?" he managed to say before laughing so hard he had to crouch and grab his sides in pain. "Nah, I don't thinks so."

He said no, but in his mind, he was thinking otherwise. There were a lot of questions, much more now than before. There was the question of Peacemaker's true identity. His master had told him what Peacemaker really was, but now he might not be so sure.

There was the fact that Non asked him if Peacemaker could talk to her. Why did she ask that just by looking at it?

Then there was the connection with Myst. What did the similar symbols born by the two mean? They must be connected somehow, he thought. But how? Why? A human and a gun? Or, could it possibly be that...

His thoughts were interrupted when Non asked if she could hold Peacemaker. "Ah, sure, go ahead. Be careful though, she bites," he looked at the gun and grinned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haha I made it so Clive really doesn't force the issue of the reveal. I kinda want to put it off at least until chapter 2, if possible.

Wayfarer's Point, The Shop District

As soon as Clive got all of his gear with him, he left the Inn with his usual goofy air. Walking through the streets, he hummed and clicked his fingers to a tune he was not sure where had heard. Well, it was catchy, and he liked its whimsical and lighthearted beat.

His feet made its way to the same street he had visited yesterday, and like yesterday, he made the usual routine of going through the different shops and browsing through their wares. This time though, he bought a curious little trinket from the artifacts store; a silver ring studded with aquamarine, said to bring luck when sailing.

Next, he moved to the weapons shop, only to find a note on it declaring that the man in charge had found the love of his life on a ship bound for Valand, and was never to return.

"What the?! That lucky bastard. Damn, should've bought those throwing knives. Meh, I'll just ask Non to make them. Cheaper and better quality."

He then entered the small shop named Kelly's Emporium. The familiar bell tinkled as he entered and the same young man was at the counter, greeting with a youthful smile as he saw him.

"Ahh, good morning, sire! How goes the hunt for the damsel's earrings?"

"Haven't got it yet, but your contacts told me to wait for a day or two as my order is still in transit. Anyway, I'm here for your special services today." Clive passed a sheet of folded paper.

"Ahh, but of course," the young boy's eyes twinkled as he took the paper. "When do you need your package, sir?"

"Tomorrow at dawn. Have it delivered at the Inn."

"But of course, sir. Anything else you would like?"

"Nothing, thanks," he smiled before turning around and exiting through the door.

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:00 AM

After finishing his usual window shopping, the gunslinger walked around aimlessly. He did not know what to do; it was still early, and the only thing left was to talk with the Hangman's quartermaster. But that was half a day removed from now. What to do with all the spare time, he wondered.

Before he could decide, he found himself at the entrance of the market. The aroma of different food from different parts of the Isles assaulted his olfactory nerves, and his feet followed the source.

"Yeah, might as well buy my own supply. Didn't arrange for accommodations, after all..." he mumbled as he kept on sniffing.

His nose led him to a small stall that sold fried squid balls. Ordering a couple of sticks, he moved on to the next stall while eating. After he had a handful of assorted treats, he went on to buy what he really needed.

26th of Amber's Fall, Dawn

Clive was up before the light of the sun peaked out of the horizon. Sluggishly, he put on his boots, then his shirt, then his pistol belts, before putting on his cloak. He grabbed his bag and the keys on the table, went for the door and locked it as he exited.

He did not bother waking Non or Myst; he had said his goodbyes the day before, multiple times in Myst's case. Closing the door gently, he walked into the cold Wayfarer's Point dawn.

After he walked a few steps, a shadowy figure emerged, standing near the house close by. The figure slowly approached Clive and handed over a small parcel, wrapped in cloth and tied with small strings of leather, then disappears right after.

Clive continued to make his way to the docks. Arriving early, he decided to wait near the dock houses for Drallic and Jon before boarding the Hangman.

Looking around and spotting no one close, he took out a belt fit with two holsters from his bag and put it on. He then opened the package he got earlier to reveal two high-quality-looking pistols, which he immediately tuck inside his cloak and into their respective holsters.

He took out the last item in the package, a small pouch, and opened it to check the contents. Inside were small cylindrical objects made from paper coated with a substance that looked like wax. Satisfied, he closed the pouch and tied it to his belt. After placing the cloth and leather strings in his bag, he continued to wait.

When the two arrived, Clive exchanged playful greetings before proceeding to the Dirty Hangman. After greeting the Captain and introducing his comrades, he immediately went up to the bow, stepped on the railing and shouted.

"Alright! Let's go!"

7. - Top - End - #247

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic shakes his head in a polite decline at Myst's offer for more. He already had his fill for the morning and he works better when not on a full stomach. Rather, he turns his attention to the conversation on the owl. "So he does? Pardon me askin' but how long have you both known Arukumedez? I've been here at Wayfarer's Point longer than either of you girls and I recall that owl being there when I first came here." Owls are a rare sight to the minotaur. He hasn't seen any back at his home continent and even on the seas he doesn't see them a lot.

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:05

Perhaps running hasn't been one of Drallic's better ideas. He does appreciate people moving out of the way but it is quite the spectacle for everyone else. That and his prior shout might have made it seem like he means aggression rather than concern. Either way, it lets him catch up to Myst and Rayle. Drallic listens in carefully on Myst's concern; Arukumedez isn't exactly an owl to suddenly fly away, Non would not simply free him like that, and Drallic doesn't know anyone else who is allowed to touch the owl.

Drallic kneels down to one knee so he's at height level with Myst. He goes to pat her head as a sign of comfort. "Did you tell Non? if she ain't aware of this, we'd best get him back before she returns to the inn. No one likes returnin' empty-handed now Mysty." Drallic then looks up to Rayle. Considering the many rumors about her, Drallic wasn't sure what the treasure hunter is like. What he figured is that she will enjoy a reward for assisting. Drallic sticks with the laid-back, somewhat straightforward moodset here. "You of all people know that sayin' best. If you have the time to help I may be able to pay you for your assistance."

Wayfarer's Point, The Dirty Hangman
    26th of Amber's Fall, Morning

Before the sun rose, Drallic prepared supplies for the ship's journey. At Clive's hesitance, the minotaur slept at the Bukiya Inn for the night but took off very early to the docks. He never likes changing his sleep schedule and prefers to hunt some more fish before everyone else arrives. Drallic makes sure the food and drinks are in quantities that will last the trip to and back from the Esmerelda. Starving while sailing is not a pretty thing to experience and Drallic knows it well.

As the dawn break, Drallic greets the Captain and their subordinates. "Sorry for the short notice," he speaks kindly to the one in charge. He kept a formal tone as he made a slight bow but is a little annoyed at a another person for bringing Drallic for this ride. "Gunner over there got me forced along like a slave. I ain't exactly in my most pleasant mood today but I'll be makin' sure none of you drown in the case of a man overboard." He points over to the distant Clive and jests a little with his words as the minotaur sets the sails up. When Clive comes on board, Drallic turns to the gunsmith and gives an unconvincingly irritated look. "Hope your happy now." Drallic was being a little snarky to Clive but is more acting that way to help ease himself. "How'd you get me in this mess again?"

Once the peculiar wind brakes in and he has the time, Drallic walks to the back of the ship where Jonathan is. He crosses his arms as he looks toward the docks. The blowing wind and sounds of the seas now calming the minotaur from his earlier irritation. "Didn't get much time to talk to you before, but it's good to see you back Johnny." He looks at the red wizard with a confident look and then chuckles slighty. "Exaggeration or no, I'd hate to be in sea combat against you. Ships are quite the combustible ride." He pauses a bit to admire the view of Wayfarer's point, now lightly pressing his hands on the ship's railing as he leans forward. "Good thing I ain't a greedy one. Most treasure on this Esmerelda ain't interestin' me and I don't think you got an appetite for gold either. I mean unless you know something there that you wanted in on."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-11 at 08:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, Market, Morning

"Easy, calm down..." Rayle pries Myst's surprisingly strong grip from her shirt. "Arukumedez is the owl, right? The one with the gems for eyes?" Although Rayle had been to the Bukiya inn a number of times, her recollections of Arukumedez were somewhat fuzzy. "I never was clear on how independent the statue is. Can it move on its own? Could it have left on its own, or was it stolen?"
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Wayfarer's Point, The Docks
    The Dirty Hangman
    26th of Amber's Fall, Morning

"Oh, come on. I know you've been aching to see the vast oceans again!" Clive replied as he hopped down from the railings, landing beside the minotaur. Patting the minotaur on the back, he continued. "Now, now, I don't need to repeat how a certain minotaur owes a certain handsome young man a favor, do I?" he finished with a wink. "Just sit back. Relax. Feel the waves beneath you, the sea wind hitting your face," he closed his eyes, breathed a deep one, then exhaled. "I've got a feeling things are going to be great!"

Overhearing the Captain and Jon talk, he cut in. "Oi, Jonny boy, no excuses! Start the damn wind thing or I'll cash you in myself!" he shouted before bursting into laughter. "Ahh, that always gets me every single time."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Deck of the Plunderer's Folly,
    26th of Amber's Fall

As the Plunderer’s Folly sped across the waves towards the last known location of the Esmerelda, Tillik eyed the open waters around them.

Surely if one hunt-master has chosen to seek this prey, others will as well.

The noise and frenzied activity of the ship’s crew was a welcome return to what he had come to expect of his new home; this moving hive truly seemed to come alive once away from land and challenging wind and wave.

Now if only I knew of a method of preventing the salt air and spray from interfering with the growth of my wings; then I could serve the hunt-master as a Tritak blade-master should.

Even a quick buzzing of his four wings, their rapid motion leaving a brief rainbow of shifting color in the air, was enough to tell the kodari that they were far from ready. They lacked the strength and proper rigidity to carry him aloft for any length of time; for now, he would have to make do without the gift that made his bloodline special among the soldier caste.

Turning away from the edge of the ship, Tillik headed towards the tiller, where he expected to find the Captain and hopefully their elven...what was the word the humans used…allies.

"Hunt-master, this one requests clarification of our mission. When we arrive at our destination, what are the priorities of the hunt?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Clive - GuyFawkes

Spoiler
    Show
    Non could already see the annoyed look on Myst's face later. She laughed politely to Clive's stories.

With permission, she picked up the gun carefully. She couldn't deny it was beautiful, and easy to hold. But it was a very different feeling than to hold Mystletinn, or to hold other swords or guns. Non wasn't sure how to describe the feeling. It felt like ebony and gold. It felt like a dream that makes you wake up. But it wasn't hot. It wasn't angry. It was a gun.

Non frowned only a little with disappointment, and then gave it back to Clive with a content smile.
    "I wish I could make such a beautiful weapon." She said enviously.
    Then she clapped her hands and handed a pair of gloves to Clive.
    "Ah, but let's get started! I'm ready to study hard today!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it is a good idea. But it is unknown how long until it will become Chapter 2.

Drallic - Starsign

Spoiler
    Show
    Non laughed as Myst looked confused.
    "No, Arukumedez was a present from a certain adventurer friend of mine. He has only been here for four years. The same as Myst and I have been here." Non explained, while Myst went to bring Arukumedez to the table. Holding the owl gently, the sapphire eyes can seem to glitter a little in the candles.

"He says "[Hello again Drallic. Nice to see you.]" Myst translated. At the same time Non replaced the drink of Drallic with a new one and began to take the dishes to wash.

"Are there any new and interesting stories from the fishermen recently? I haven't been to the docks in one or two weeks." Non asked.

"Rescue of Arukumedez"
    10:10

Myst nodded quickly and trembled to respond to Rayle. "Yes, Arukumedez has sapphire eyes, like me. And of course he can move without me. But why would he leave? I loved and took care of him. Did he not like me?" To hear idea of robbers, she becomes more panicked. "Poor Arukumedez! I-If he was stolen.. I-I...." Myst covered her face with her hands and made sad noises.

When Drallic puts his hand on her head she speaks again.
    "N-No... Non doesn't know. I looked everywhere for him. Please don't let Non know! She trusted me to take care of Arukumedez... Someone here must know something!" Myst said.

~*~

To see such a sad looking woman with a minotaur and Rayle, there is a lot of attention. And of course with this much sadness it seems Myst isn't going to be very useful to help find Arukumedez too!

So, to preparing this adventure, there are 3 Goals:

1) Find Arukumedez
    2) Comfort Myst
    3) Interfere Non from learning

It seems Jonathan isn't joining, and Clive will have new part next (sorry GuyFawkes. But please do [Search the Market] rolls for me now too!).
    For Rayle and Drallic, some rolls are needed.

Please roll for [Search the Market] 3 times. Of course useful skills are [Well-Traveled], [Perception], [Cunning], [Charisma], [Charm], [Investigate]. Maybe something else if it is ok.
    There are 3 different paths that can be taken. So, I will use to see who might recover such and such path.

Please roll for [Comforting Myst] 1 time. Of course useful skills are [Charisma], [Charm] and such. Only can make a Comfort roll 1 time every 15 minutes.

I decided some characters have useful bonus at some time in story, so it will be added secretly too!

Myst Absolute Depression: 96%
    (If becomes 100%, Myst will give up and will end plot!)

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

22nd of Amber's Fall, Morning

"Ha! I could only wish. Even my master couldn't make something like this, and he's the best there is when it comes to guns," he shook his head.

"As much as she is annoying, Peacemaker's quite a unique item. Though it's quite far-fetched that she's a Legendary Sword, but she is an artifact, no doubt. The technology to make her is lost to us. For how long, we could only guess," Clive added as he received the pistol from Non.

Placing the pistol back inside her holster inside his shirt, Clive took the gloves from Non, folded his sleeves, and, flexing his biceps, looked at the proprietress with a smirk, and said, "Alright! Watch carefully! The master shall start his lesson now!"

Spoiler
    Show
    And with that, I think we are done with this scene, as I do not wish to bore with endless metallurgical jargons. Unless you want to. I mean we could just say we have finished the work and continue from there, or if you have no more topics for interaction, we could end it as is.

As for chapters, I am not sure, but I think after all the current adventures are done, that would conclude this chapter as well.

13. - Top - End - #253

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic nods his head silently in curiosity as the owl is brought over to him. He takes note of the sapphire eyes and structure. It is almost tempting to touch Arukumedez. The minotaur's hand lifts from the table by a couple inches before reaching for the refilled drink. Drallic does not actually drink alcohol; not in large quantities at least. Back as a mercenary he learned that drunkenness is a weakness to a fighter and makes it difficult for one to focus. During those times Drallic and the other members of the Blades were to forbid alcohol from entering their systems. Nowadays Drallic has tried the taste of it but his intake capacity is very poor for his kind. Instead he usually has fresh water or other non-alcoholic beverages.

"Ah, tales you say?" Drallic puts down his half-finished drink as he stands up and stretches. "Nothin' out of the ordinary if you refer to myths," he says as if he has used the phrase a thousand times. "They've gone about their usual rumors when The Wraith docked a few days prior." Drallic speaks in a half-annoyed, half-amused tone regarding the fishermen. "I ain't ever gettin' near Captain Blake if I can help it and I'm sure the other fishermen there act the same. They started takin' bets on how soon the Captain may try to bring the whole dang world to his knees." Drallic does his best to remain laid-back. Even if Blake is on the other side of the world, talking about him is unnerving to the minotaur. Having his own experience with an, admittedly undead, Pirate Lord is a contributing factor. "Just based on the state of your inn, I don't think it'd be happenin' anytime soon. But I'm bettin' it is chaotic when his crew is here. Would I be right?"

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:10

On his knee, Drallic could clearly see how upset Myst is over the disappearance of Arukumedez. It takes him a moment to respond; Myst seems so frail right now. Usually Drallic sees Myst as a comfortable and mild-mannered individual with a moment of embarrassment every once in a while. At this time he sees her like she wants to curl up in a corner and pass away. Very carefully Drallic tries to wipe away Myst's tears with his large hand. "Be both know Arukumedez can take care of himself. I'm positive he's just fine when he see him again. And in the case he's taken by thieves or criminals..." Drallic leans back to knock his two fists against each other. A confident, almost excited, grin sprouted. "You can relax and let me take care of them, they always learn from me, remember?" Almost forgetting that there is a treasure hunter right next to him, Drallic looks over at Rayle. "Course we need to know who might have stolen Arukumedez first before any accusations are made. Besides I can imagine a million more people who could have taken him before I think of you Ms. Bancross." He keeps to remain a neutral and open tone when talking with Rayle.

Drallic bends his head down to Myst, horns pointed right at the ground as he makes sure to be trusting to the younger woman. "Do you want a lift? Walkin' all the way here must be tirin' and I remember how well you enjoy the sights from my shoulders." Whether Myst agrees or not, Drallic gets back up and looks around the immediate area from where he is standing. "The Market is a big place Mysty. Does Arukumedez have a likin' to anything that might be here? Food? Clothing? Aromas? Fish?" He turns his head towards the food district, planning on heading down there if Myst doesn't have a specific area to check out first. It'd also depend on what Rayle will do. Drallic really seeks her advice right now. "Ms. Bancross, what do you suggest? Shall we go to separate districts to cover more ground or keep together to more thoroughly examine one area?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-18 at 07:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, Morning, Market
    The Rescue of Arukemedez

Rayle rubs her forehead as the minotaur denies suspecting her just hard enough to imply that he suspects her. She isn't sure if he was being snide or just happened to have a clumsy way with words. It doesn't help that she has recovered artifacts from owners who were not precisely what the overly pedantic would call dead before, but the hunter likes Non and Myst too much to steal from them. "Fantastic. Let's split up for now. If we're going to find him quickly I need to do a quick sweep of the usual suspects and check with some people."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2012-07-17 at 08:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Clive - GuyFawkes

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: Yes, I think so too!

Drallic - Starsign

Spoiler
    Show

Of the comments of Blake, a dark mood becomes a cloud around Myst, while Non embarrassingly laughs.
    [color="#008899"]"It is always high tension when Captain Blake comes to Bukiya, but he is kind to us. He hasn't caused any trouble, and he told his crew not to.

Myst whispers something too quietly to hear, but Non grimaces.
    "Yes, Myst had an embarrassing time. Non said.

"But let's not talk about Captain Blake." She said, to try to change to happier topic. "Recently have you seen any whales or dolphins? Winter is coming, so they should be coming here?" She seems to flash, and then to say with excitement. "Maybe we can go watching whales? Isn't that fun, Myst?"

Myst seemed to recover and to consider this question thoughtfully. She nods agreeably.

"Rescue of Arukumedez"
    10:10

Myst let the minotaur try to wipe away tears. To think about food or clothing, she answers sadly.
    "No... Arukumedez use clothes or eat food..." She seems upset, and to return to comments about thieves she shivers and anxiously looks here and there.
    "I-I'll go look at the temple... Ah, then I'll look here too. But please... If you see Non, please don't tell her! I'm sorry!" And Myst turned to hurry away, looking here and there and calling for Arukumedez as she ran towards the temple. It seems that trying to comfort her has failed.

Myst Absolute Depression: 97%

10:15
    Clive

Spoiler
    Show
    While enjoying food, suddenly a familiar Myst can be seen. But she looks worried and sad, to be distractedly looking here and there. She looks like she has been crying. But finally to come close, she sees you with surprise.
    "Clive! Arukumedez is gone!" Myst cried again. "I can't find him, I asked everywhere! What if he has been stolen? Non trusted me to take care of him...please help me!"
    But even with such a sudden request, Myst stops and a look of fear comes to her face. She steps behind Clive next to the food stall.
    "Oh no! It's Non... If she sees me... Please don't let her find out!" Myst makes a plea.

To turn, Clive can see the [as usual] Non who is humming a song and carrying a basket through the market. She looks carefreely, but to see Clive, and a smile becomes wide.
    "Good morning Clive! Are you here for shopping? Or is it a meeting with your friend? If he is coming, please introduce me!" Non said, to approach.

10:30
    Rayle
    Spoiler
    Show

Asking around the market wasn't so difficult. Of course for an experienced adventurer like Rayle, to know good questioning and with a good personality, people showed information easily. And Rayle has some contacts to help too. To ask around however, it seems no one has seen someone to carry a certain owl statue. After some time, a contact could be met.
    Meeting a contact, it is a merchant sailor named Lukk. When asked, he handled his beard and whispered to you.
    "You remember Ba=gamu, the orc?" Of course Rayle knows this orc is also treasure expert and sometimes bounty hunter. He has a dangerous reputation, and more than one time he has tried to be a [rival] to Rayle. The meetings are not very friendly.
    "He's in the dock district with his ship and crew. It seems like he's asking about jobs. Maybe he knows about your artifact?" Was all this contact could tell Rayle.
    You also thought if a thief stole Arukumedez, to look in a pawn store is a good idea. For such a thing like Arukumedez, with some searching, you think maybe there is only one or two places like this in Wayfarer's Isle. Of course they were profitable because of pirates to sell many things. A stolen statue probably could be found. Does Drallic find anything? What about Myst?

So now you have some options.
    • Visit the Docks District to investigate the sailor's comment. [+0:15]
    • Visit the [Used Goods] street to find a pawn store [+0:15]
    • Or you can decide to wait and meet with Drallic or Myst again to show information together. Poor Myst was very sad too. [+0:10]

10:30
    Drallic

Spoiler
    Show
    It is little difficult to find such a small statue like Arukumedez. But a fisherman is good to catch shiny things in wide place, it just needs a good lure. Of course no one can ignore a minotaur asking questions. By asking some other fishermen, you learned that by the docks someone had been asking about valuable treasures or artifacts. Certainly you know the docks well. But maybe it would be good to meet with Rayle again? Poor Myst was very upset too. Maybe to meet with her?

• Visit the Docks District to investigate the sailor's comment. [+0:15]
    • Or you can decide to wait and meet with Rayle or Myst again to show information together [+0:10]

OOC: The marks [+0:??] mean time to become added to total because of action. Of course to remember finish before 11:30! I didn't think it was nice to not tell how much a time has passed of an action, so to offer suggestions and time. Of course maybe these are not only options for player! If you have other ideas, please use freely!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, Marketplace
    The Rescue of Arukumedez

Rayle scratched at her headband as she weighs her options. One instinct said that Ba-gamu would be the better option, but if she was wrong then she'd miss her chance at finding out of Arukumedez was being pawned right now. On the other hand, there was no guarantee that anyone who had stolen Arukumedez would pawn the bird, in which case she'd be wasting her time.

Logic dictated that she hit the closer shops first, but she really felt like her time would be better spent messing with Ba-gamu. Someone else could check the pawn stores, and even if they didn't, the stores would still be here later - the same might not be true of the orc.

Rayle darts off to the docks, looking for the rival hunter. Maybe she could strike up a deal. Because that's worked so well for you before...

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Wayfarer's Point, The Marketplace
    25th of Amber's Fall, 10:15
    Rescue of Arukumedez

Clive nibbled on a stick of grilled squid as he made his way through the busy market street when he caught a glimpse of someone wearing a familiar headband weaving through the sea of heads. Raising an eyebrow, he headed in that person's direction only to almost collide with a terribly distraught-looking Myst.

He could only try to open his mouth to speak before he was cut off by her rapid succession of words amidst sobs, words he could understand to be something about the owl Arukumedez being lost.

He was about to speak when he was cut off yet again, this time when Myst started to hide behind the food stall. Everything happened so fast, but he got the gist of it; the damned owl was lost, Myst was looking all over for it, and Non must not know.

Acting quickly, Clive turned around and looked surprised as he met Non's greeting. Before Non could close the distance between them, he stepped forward and put his left arm over her shoulder and swiftly maneuvered her away from Myst's position.

"Non! Ahh, to be bumping into you here. We must be destined to be together, no?" he replied and laughed.

"As for your question, you could say I am here for both. That guy just contacted me earlier and told me we'd be leaving soon, so I'm making my preparations." He motioned to his right arm, where he was cradling a paper bag, apparently filled with food.

"I was worried I wouldn't see you and tell you goodbye before I left so I told Myst to tell you, but hey, I guess the fates don't wish for that to happen,"
    he grinned as he continued his distraction while leading Non further from Myst's hiding place.

"So, how goes your shopping? Oh, grilled squid, you want? It's good!"

18. - Top - End - #258

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic keeps quiet as Non and Myst state that there was an "embarrassing time" when The Wraith's crew was in here. He'd rather not ask; gossiping about people of high authority is like a bad omen.

The minotaur leans forward on his chair as Non mentions about the whales. His grin grows a mischievous look. "Well I haven't seen many whales by the docks yet. But I've seen them elsewhere. You know how I sometimes like to head out to the forest? I often see them in the distance while I walk among the cliffs of The Point. Heck sometimes I even swim out to get a closer view. I can take you both to the cliffs sometime to see if any are there. Or you both can ride me and I'll be able to swim you both out for a closer look at the whales!" He chuckles upon finishing. Despite how insane swimming out to the whales might sound, Drallic seems pretty honest about it. "What do you girls think?"

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:30

Searching for info took a bit longer than Drallic had hoped. He ended up being lucky to even get a hint. Going to the Docks District sounds like a plan but no specific person to talk to means that Drallic will be searching that area almost as blindly as he did before.

So instead of checking out the docks, the minotaur heads back where he met Myst and follow the path she took to the temple. It would ease her a bit to know that Arukumedez may be at the docks. Drallic isn't too worried about any progress that Rayle may have made. If what is said about her is true, Rayle could have easily found the owl, given it to Myst, and have it back at Bukiya Inn by now.

...Of course rumors can be greatly exaggerated sometimes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to follow Myst to the temple in the case Drallic doesn't see her from where they last met. Shall I make a Comfort roll?
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-19 at 10:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Drallic - Starsign

Spoiler
    Show

Non claps her hands. "That sounds like fun, doesn't it? We should go on a picnic to the cliffs! We can watch them. Maybe go swimming too! But isn't the water becoming cold now?" Non says with cheerfulness.

Myst nods. "Yes, I think it would be very cold to go swimming with whales. And isn't that dangerous?" Myst asks. For Myst, who is a sword, swimming is not a very powerful skill. And for a sword to fall into the water is a terrible nightmare.

Non agrees. "Maybe, but certainly it would be a good trip! If you are free Drallic, let's have a picnic sometime soon!" Non says.
    "Arukumedez is tired, so I'm going to put him back. He says [Goodbye Drallic]." Myst says dutifully, before going to put the owl statue by the door again.

"Rescue of Arukumedez"

10:15
    Clive

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh! Thank you!" Non says, to take one stick of grilled squid to eat happily as she walks with Clive. To hear about the contact of Clive, Non looks excited and to look around. "You must introduce me! I have heard so much. Must you leave so quickly? You only just came! Will you be back soon? You must promise to come back soon! What is the ship you will take? I will come with you to say goodbye, it can be a quick meeting. Besides, Myst is watching the inn, so it isn't be a problem!." Non says, to suddenly have made her decision to stay with Clive.
    Asked about the basket, she shows to Clive the supplies. It is all food, like two cabbages and some fish and eggs and such.
    "I want to buy a new dress for Myst, after what happened to her a few days ago." She says. "But it is difficult to buy for her!" Is Non's complaint.

It seems Clive has led away Non successfully, but now he is trapped with Non, who can chatter endlessly for a long time.
    Did Myst make an escape? She is looking for the owl statue Arukumedez. To remember, when Clive left this morning, the statue wasn't to make a welcome or goodbye at the entrance. If it was stolen, then poor Myst! Could Non help? Maybe, but Myst didn't want Clive to tell her.
    What if Myst is to be hiding and wait for Clive to tell her it is ok to come? What if she is crying?
    Certainly it is a troubled situation for Clive.

10:40
    Drallic

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: I'm sorry, because it isn't certain about actions of Clive in this part, actually I cannot make a post for Drallic yet about following Myst.

10:45
    Rayle

Spoiler
    Show
    The smell of old fish and salt, the nostalgic cry of seagulls... The dock district is always busy of pirates and merchants and sailors, who take or remove cargo. Some merchants sell here, to deal with each other, or with the pirates for illegal supplies. Of course, in Wayfarer's Point [illegal] is a different meaning. The meaning is [to buy before other have the to see chance]. For Rayle, maybe it is nostalgic, or maybe it is an annoying feeling. At this time there are a lot of busy people, but Rayle can find trouble easily enough. To find Ba=gamu, it is only necessary to look for his ship.

There it can be seen, the small ship called Tun & Dere. It is a fast ship, to be appropriate to go and come quickly, and to difficult to see. There are three orcs on the ship, to be loading some supplies and one large box. Ba=gamu is to supervise with harsh words in orc language. After a certain incident where his last ship burned, his voice has become more sharp, to have been damaged in that incident. But before him there are two lizardman guards. Probably they are natives of some island, to have become mercenaries for Ba=gamu. He does have a good reputation as a bounty hunter, after all.

One of the guards hisses to see you.
    "Ba=gamu! It's BANCROSS." It hisses. They put hands on dangerous sabers, but don't unsheathe them. Ba=gamu stands up, to be much taller than Rayle. He stretches, to make loud [pop pop!] sounds as he walks.

"Rayle Bancross. It's been a long time. Too long."
    Ba=gamu says as he comes to face you with a boar-like and steady walk. The harsh and dark words must be [sarcasm]. He crosses his arms. "Are you here to make trouble for me? We always have been such good friends and rivals. Did you know there is a large bounty for a certain burglar? I heard recently the Jetsam Gallery had some valuables stolen. Amon Din is very upset. I wonder...
    What do you want, Rayle?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Rescue of Arukumedez

"Can't help it, ya know? Gotta work to eat, and this is the best work I got. Don't worry, I won't be gone too long. I know you'll be missing me so I'll do my best to hurry back into your waiting arms," he replied before bursting into a fit of laughter. "And we'll probably be leaving very early tomorrow so it's okay if you don't see me off. Maybe we could just have dinner together, the three of us, and whoever of our friends stop by later."

While he talked and laughed, his mind took the situation into context. He had wanted to distract Non, but now he wondered how he could excuse himself to go back and help Myst. He also thought about asking Non's help, but Myst told him not to let her know about it.

"Say Non, did you move Aru...something? You know, the owl? I didn't see it by its usual place earlier when I left." Clive just blurted out the question nonchalantly.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    Rescue of Arukumedez

Spoiler
    Show

"Can't help it, ya know? Gotta work to eat, and this is the best work I got. Don't worry, I won't be gone too long. I know you'll be missing me so I'll do my best to hurry back into your waiting arms," he replied before bursting into a fit of laughter. "And we'll probably be leaving very early tomorrow so it's okay if you don't see me off. Maybe we could just have dinner together, the three of us, and whoever of our friends stop by later."

While he talked and laughed, his mind took the situation into context. He had wanted to distract Non, but now he wondered how he could excuse himself to go back and help Myst. He also thought about asking Non's help, but Myst told him not to let her know about it.

"Say Non, did you move Aru...something? You know, the owl? I didn't see it by its usual place earlier when I left." Clive just blurted out the question nonchalantly.

"Rescue of Arukumedez"

10:20
    Clive

Spoiler
    Show

Non thinks and then closes her eyes for one second. Then to open again and shake her head. "No, I didn't move Arukumedez. But he wasn't by the door when I left. Probably Myst moved him to another place to change the atmosphere a little." Non replies.

"And we should have dinner! Of course, you're having Bukiya Inn's food anyway." She laughed. Then, taking a step away, she turned to point at her basket.
    "If you aren't leaving, then I will be going to finish shopping! There are a lot of chores to do today too. Please don't leave without telling us, ok?"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:20
    Rescue of Arukumedez

No luck. I guess Non would've told Myst if she moved it anyway.

Clive smiled. "The best food there is! Ha ha ha! I mean dinner together. We rarely eat together even though I stay there, ya know. We could prepare something special. You know, food not in the menu. Of course I'll pay. Now I'm not afraid to spend when I know big pay's coming soon," he said before laughing again.

"Hmm, yeah, I wouldn't want to hold you up. I've got things to take care of as well, so I guess I'll just see you later?" he smiled.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, Dockside
    The Rescue of Arukumedez

Rayle waves off the orc's implications. She didn't want a physical confrontation with Ba-gamu, but she also couldn't show any real fear or nervousness - it was a balancing act, to be sure. So when she was confronted with the bounty proposal, she looked the other hunter right in the eye, and lied. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not nearly stupid enough to steal from Blake's crew." She adopts an easy and relatively peaceful posture, half-sitting up against a barrel. "I'm just looking for a trade - information for information? I'm looking for an owl named Arukumedez. It's pretty distinctive - gems for eyes, and all that? You've probably seen it if you've ever been to the Bukiya Inn. If you've got anything useful, I might be able to convince the Marquis..." she gestures toward the looming, distant silhouette of Castle Greycourt, "...to let you use his library again."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

"Rescue of Arukumedez"

10:20

Clive

Spoiler
    Show

"I see! Well, I will buy something special and maybe there will be a surprise!" Non said. She waved with one hand and a content smile, and soon disappeared into the crowd.

Myst can be found holding her knees as she hides behind the food stall. She looks very sad and upset. When Clive returns, she looks up, but then looks at her boots.

"I'm sorry to cause trouble for you Clive." She says. "I wanted to take care of Arukumedez properly. If he became stolen... he must be so lonely and scared. Maybe he's thinking 'why isn't Myst looking for me? Didn't she care about me? Did she abandon me?'

Such a painful and lonely feeling!"
    She covers her face with her hands, a certain tattoo to be visible again for Clive to see.

Rayle

Spoiler
    Show

Ba=Gamu's scowl seemed to say 'I hate you when you are correct at the expense of me.'
    "Yes. But for you to have made a fool of me one or two times, you wouldn't be so stupid to steal from Blake's crew." He listens to the proposal with a professional stance. Of course Ba=gamu had been outsmarted by Rayle before, but he was good at his job.
    He listens to Rayle's description of Arukumedez.

"Arukumedez? It sounds like an educated joke." Ba=Gamu frowns. "I've been to Bukiya Inn, but I haven't seen a sapphire colored eyed owl. I'm not stupid enough to steal from Non. But now that I am thinking about it, I seem to remember something..." He stopped with a sly look.
    "If I believed you could convince the Marquis to let me use his library, I would tell you. But that's a bad deal. I don't need a human patron to protect me. I need something useful. Like gold, jewels, or... information." He said, to show ugly and sharp teeth with a smile.

"I've heard rumors that a Compass Rose Sword is here, on Wayfarer's Point. Who knows how it could have come here? But any treasure hunter would know the fame that comes if such a thing could be found. Have you heard about it?"

Last edited by Kasanip; 2012-07-26 at 03:42 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:20
    Rescue of Arukumedez

Taking Myst's hands away from her face with both his, Clive then pinched both her cheeks lightly and focused his gaze on her eyes, his brows all crunched up.

"Hey, you. Who are you, huh? What did you do to our Myst? Myst never cries helplessly like that," he said before his face slowly melted into a smile.

"Calm down, 'kay?" he asked. "If you don't, I'm gonna pinch your nose next," he added with a grin before letting go of her cheeks. "Besides, worrying won't help us find our beloved owl now, would it?" He looked around for something, and, spotting a fruit juice vendor, Clive approached the old lady who was watching the stall and handed her a few coins in exchange for a watermelon juice. Going back to Myst, he handed her the drink.

"Here. Drink it all up. It's cool and refreshing, it'll help calm you down. Yeah, take your time."

After Myst finishes the drink (Clive would insist she does have a sip at least), Clive asked her. "Okay, that calmed you down? No? Anyway, let's take this slowly and think," he said as he grabbed the girl by the hand and led her on, looking for a less chaotic part of the street.

"So, Arukumidas is gone. How, you don't know, right?" Finding a better spot for conversation, Clive stopped and turned around to face her and let go of her hand. "Alright, let's see. Hmmm," the young man looked at his feet while grabbing his chin, then looked back at Myst.

"When was the last time you saw the owl, and where?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, Docks
    The Rescue of Arukumedez

Rayle raised an eyebrow. "Digging for more, huh?" She'd never heard of a Compass Rose Sword near the isles, but she wouldn't put it past the Ancients - they were some sneaky people, in their day.

That left her short some information when dealing with Ba-gamu, but she improvised. "Alright. I'll give you a pointer toward something amusing I heard about the swords, then, if that's what you're after. Let's hear yours first, and I won't tell Non that you knew Arukumedez had sapphire eyes even without me telling you." The hunter smiles cheekily.

27. - Top - End - #267

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic chuckles at the mention of the cold water and dangerous whales. "Well any normal human would probably be as cold as a tundra in these waters. But a minotaur's fur keeps him well insulated against the cold; you could see me happily swimmin' with the mammoths up north! And c'mon girls! You both know my safety rules that I follow." He winks as he watches Myst take Arukumedez away.

Drallic always has a set of rules he follows when on the sea. Among them are common sense rules such as "never swim when tired" and "never go out too far from land." Other, less obvious rules include "always stay at least 200 ft from giant sea creatures" and "never swim with a moving ship." Contrary to what he says, the minotaur does not always follow his rules. He usually does but sometimes the situation will get in the way of his own rules.

As Myst comes back, Drallic speaks up again with gleeful excitement. "So to the cliffs it is then? Gotta say I ain't even gone to a 'picnic' in forever. Back in my younger days, travelin' food was called 'rations' that we were supposed to save." In the past, Drallic has told Non and Myst parts and bits of his previous life as a mercenary. He never tells them which mercenary group he was in and never tells them why he quit in the first place.

"So! If we're going, what foods will we be takin'? I can't really bring my supply of fish now." Drallic smiles with a big toothy grin. The look on his face could almost be matched up with that of a dorky kid. Such a smile is only reserved for times when Drallic is alone those he knows the most these days.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-24 at 09:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"Rescue of Arukumedez"

10:25
    Clive

Spoiler
    Show

Myst becomes a surprised look when Clive pinches her cheeks. She struggles a little, but to stop crying like this. And she thinks about the words of Clive when he goes to buy a watermelon juice.

She takes the watermelon juice and slowly drinks it.
    "Thank you." She says softly. Then finishes the drink. She nods a little to the question of Clive, but is still surprised to be led by the hand. It isn't an uncomfortable feeling, but humans are unpredictable like this.

Somehow, to be searching with Clive, it is a reassuring feeling.
    "Yes... The last time I saw Arukumedez was yesterday evening. He was sitting on his usual place." She stops, to think and look here and there again.

"Of course owls are night birds, but Arukumedez normally does not leave at night. If he was stolen, he must be here somewhere." Myst says.

"Ah, I was going to search the temple... Maybe he flew there? Ms. Bancross and Drallic are helping me look. Could you help to search the markets too?" Myst asked hopefully.

10:40
    Drallic

Spoiler
    Show

Knowing that Myst was going to the temple, Drallic goes to that place.

In Wayfarer's Point, there isn't very much temples and such things. But here at the port there is one. It is an old stone building, with two lion statues to guard the front, and many gargoyles to guard the roof. The two big doors are closed, but there is a peaceful feeling here. Only seagulls are crying. Somehow, this temple was here before the pirates came. But with superstitious sailors, they had not ruined this place.

Walking through the small garden, Drallic can see Myst, to be standing and looking up at the gargoyles. She is standing very still, but seems to be talking to the gargoyles.

"Excuse me! I am looking for Arukumedez! Is it possible that you have seen him flying? He is an owl, not very big. But he has beautiful blue eyes. Have you seen him?" Myst asks to the gargoyles.

She has not noticed Drallic, but it seems she has stopped crying.

Rayle

Spoiler
    Show

Ba=gamu makes a dark look, to realize he said been caught somewhere. Such a scowl changes and he nods.

"I heard that there are some sniveling children who sometimes steal from the shops. If one of them stole the statue from Bukiya, they'd probably sell it to a pawn shop. Unless someone hired them for a job."
    He made a growl. For professional treasure hunters, such an act was a bad taste.

Rayle can tell Ba=gamu isn't lying about this thought. Of course, that left Rayle with a strange position. To investigate the shops, to search the orphanage, or continue to deal with Ba=gamu.

"To speak of this owl, is there a... reward?"
    Ba=gamu hungrily asked. "We have a little time before we leave. Have some business with an old Uetarian merchant, but if I can do anything to help..." Ba=gamu showed his teeth in a not charming smile.

Myst Absolute Depression: 94%

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:25
    Rescue of Arukumedez

The Gunslinger shook his head. "Last night? Not good. That's a huge window. If indeed someone stupid enough to steal Arukamendez, then he or she or whoever that devil was would have enough time to do so."

He racked his head for suspicious-looking persons he could remember he saw at the inn the night before, but that was a complete waste; almost every single patron of the Inn would pass off as suspicious-looking. This was the Point after all. As such he cannot help but curse himself for even pursuing that thought.

As for the reason, one thing was obvious. If anyone would steal it, the logical reason was for the twin sapphires the owl had for eyes. That, or the owl had something more of value to it, as an artifact perhaps.

Clive's train of thoughts stopped in its tracks when he heard Myst speak of Drallic and the name 'Bancross'. "Oh, that minotaur is helping you out? And by Ms. Bancross you mean that Rayle Bancross? Hah! It seems I am not needed anymore!" A smile couldn't help but creep up his face at the thought of finally meeting the famed adventurer and treasure hunter, and of course his good old minotaur friend.

"Ah, right, right. I'd help look around here of course. When and where do we meet after then?"

30. - Top - End - #270

SwashbucklerGuy

25th of Amber's Fall, 10:30

Coming to the temple eases Drallic as he walks through it's garden. The minotaur does not usually come here during work days unless it is to make a delivery. The temple feels like such a contrast from the chaotic world Drallic lives in. It's a more calming place than anywhere else the minotaur has been. Though he prefers the chaos of the rest of Wayfarer's Point, Drallic knows a few folks who fit right in with the temple.

...From what he is seeing right now, Myst probably isn't one those people.

It takes Drallic a moment to register what he is seeing. Myst is conversing with inanimate objects. They are gargoyles but it still isn't exactly one you can expect to talk to. "Hey, Mysty!" Drallic calls out to Myst as he comes within earshot distance. Once up next to her, Drallic bends down and lowers his voice to try and be gentle to Myst. "I may have found a lead on Arukumedez. I've heard someone at the docks has been askin' around about valuable artifacts and treasures. I'd say the owl has gotta be there." He avoids mentioning about how gargoyles are inanimate objects to avoid discouraging Myst. He tries to lighten Myst's mood though his jovial nature. "Now c'mon Mysty. I betcha Rayle has already arrived there and found Arukumedez. Then once we meet up with her we'll all reunite at the Inn with the owl and celebrate for the day!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Drallic will head to the Docks with Myst when/if she agrees to come along.

May I make a Comfort roll? (1d10)[8]