New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC V

Elsee shook her head, no. "unlikely, boss-man's been usin it for himself recently, doin the whole spell-slinging shpeil since you got lucked up in here, you don't wanna get outta here anytime soon anyways, somethin in the water's been maken people fall over dead in the streets." elsee clutched her throat and made a mock-gagging sound through her facemask for enphasis. "But tell ya what, i gotta tie up a loose end before all this is done and over with 'nd i was hoppin you might be able to help me... well, her mostly." Elsee turned to look at the sorcoress still practicing her illusions near the back of the room. "You single?"

Spoiler
    Show

yeah a few things, just acting it out naturally atm. they aren't locked in there for life right, they'll get out eventually?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Badger:

When badger returns to her room, she sees Natasha waitin outside her room, sharpening her adamantine daggers. The noblewoman looks up sharply at the sound of her approach and asks, "Badger! Where have you been?" She pauses at the look on Badger's face. "...Everything okay?"

Surdrak:

The streets of the Heights are wide and clean, and the manors are magnificent. No two building or yard is the same. One is set up with flowing lines, another is built to blend in with the harbor, and yet another has overly gaudy swan statues in front. In fact, Surdrak is so engrossed in looking at all the architecture that it takes him several minutes to realize someone's following him.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    I'm at a friends birthday party so I won't be on until late if I'm on tonight. My parents are here too. Draconi I'll try to reply to Elsee tonight.

3. - Top - End - #273

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Elsee shook her head, no. "unlikely, boss-man's been usin it for himself recently, doin the whole spell-slinging shpeil since you got lucked up in here, you don't wanna get outta here anytime soon anyways, somethin in the water's been maken people fall over dead in the streets." elsee clutched her throat and made a mock-gagging sound through her facemask for enphasis. "But tell ya what, i gotta tie up a loose end before all this is done and over with 'nd i was hoppin you might be able to help me... well, her mostly." Elsee turned to look at the sorcoress still practicing her illusions near the back of the room. "You single?"

Spoiler
    Show

yeah a few things, just acting it out naturally atm. they aren't locked in there for life right, they'll get out eventually?
    Nedivax's eyes shoot straight up at the mention of his spellbook, and Belladonna's illusion of a man playing a harmonica winks out mid-note. "You know where my spellbook is?! You TOOK it?!" he leaps against the bars, gripping them in yellowed clawed hands as he bares sharp teeth. "Do you know how important a spellbook is to a wizard? What do you need for me to get it back?"

Bella, who has been quiet this entire time, looks over and says, "I'm single, but what does that has to do with anything?" she flips her hair back and lets it stream behind her and over her shoulder. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not into other ladies. Neither is Neddy over here," she adds with a smirk.

"Hey!"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Badger:

When badger returns to her room, she sees Natasha waitin outside her room, sharpening her adamantine daggers. The noblewoman looks up sharply at the sound of her approach and asks, "Badger! Where have you been?" She pauses at the look on Badger's face. "...Everything okay?"[/SPOILER]
    "Deidre knows our plan now. We have to have the rest in on it. Let's get this started because I have to pull off a noble or we will run out of chances."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee snarled through her mask as her eyes locked on the hobgoblin's. "pipe down will ya!? The gurd thinks i'm yer grand-neice given ya the blood of your father's killer to drink in ritualistic revenge, so bite yer tounge and keep up the act!... actually that's a good idea, bite your tounge, it'll make it look like you just chuged a vial of blood."

Elsee's eyes moved back to Bella as she adjusted her posistion to be relitively between the two. "look, you guys aren't wolf heads right? so you'll get out sooner or later won'tcha? there's no point in escapen less ya wanna end up like the last group of hobbo's i came across. And like i said there's a huge plauge goin 'round the whole city, we're lookin in on the cause, but so far this area's been clear so it's the safest you can get without getting at least three miles out of the city. and YOU at least" Elsee pointed to Bella "i need to NOT die and prefferibly walk around town a free girl. 've got a feelin ya don't have any issues with hobgoblins, 'nd i've got a guy i need to take care of once all this is over. 'm gunna be skipping town after this, 'nd i can't bring him with me."

Elsee inhaled sharply after the speech, looking back to Nedivax. "look, the boss'll notice his/your spellbook whatever missing, best i could do is maybe, MAYBE rip out a page or two for you to use as a scroll, but bustin out? ain't gunna keep you OR your sister in the city's good books ya got that?"
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2015-02-21 at 11:59 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak stopped in his place, looked back, twirled around 3 times very effiminatly and took off to the air, mostly to taunt his landbound stalker.
    Despite everything, its still me.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "Deidre knows our plan now. We have to have the rest in on it. Let's get this started because I have to pull off a noble or we will run out of chances."
    Natasha isn't that good at hiding her surprise. "You met Dierdre? What was she like? And you mean now...are you talking about the masquerade tonight?" The moment Badger opens the door to her room she sits down on the ranger's bed. "Let's get started then. In a masquerade the most important thing is to..."

Elsee snarled through her mask as her eyes locked on the hobgoblin's. "pipe down will ya!? The gurd thinks i'm yer grand-neice given ya the blood of your father's killer to drink in ritualistic revenge, so bite yer tounge and keep up the act!... actually that's a good idea, bite your tounge, it'll make it look like you just chuged a vial of blood."

Elsee's eyes moved back to Bella as she adjusted her posistion to be relitively between the two. "look, you guys aren't wolf heads right? so you'll get out sooner or later won'tcha? there's no point in escapen less ya wanna end up like the last group of hobbo's i came across. And like i said there's a huge plauge goin 'round the whole city, we're lookin in on the cause, but so far this area's been clear so it's the safest you can get without getting at least three miles out of the city. and YOU at least" Elsee pointed to Bella "i need to NOT die and prefferibly walk around town a free girl. 've got a feelin ya don't have any issues with hobgoblins, 'nd i've got a guy i need to take care of once all this is over. 'm gunna be skipping town after this, 'nd i can't bring him with me."

Elsee inhaled sharply after the speech, looking back to Nedivax. "look, the boss'll notice his/your spellbook whatever missing, best i could do is maybe, MAYBE rip out a page or two for you to use as a scroll, but bustin out? ain't gunna keep you OR your sister in the city's good books ya got that?"
    Nedivax and Belladonna blink twice in unison and offer no initial response. After a moment Belladonna says in a slow, cautious voice, as if she's not quite sure what the right answer is. "...Yes. We're not Wolf's heads, but I think we're going to be locked up for a few months at least, maybe even a couple years." She sinks against the bars a little bit as the length of the sentence sinks in. "What are you asking me to do?"

At the mere mention of Elsee ripping apart his spellbook Nedvax frantically shakes his head. "Don't even think about it! Just...I'll think of something."

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Surdrak stopped in his place, looked back, twirled around 3 times very effiminatly and took off to the air, mostly to taunt his landbound stalker.
    If Surdrak looks down as he spirals into the air (with one had on his crowbar so it doesn't fall out of his belt), he sees a gnome look up at him and pout.

8. - Top - End - #278

Natasha isn't that good at hiding her surprise. "You met Dierdre? What was she like? And you mean now...are you talking about the masquerade tonight?" The moment Badger opens the door to her room she sits down on the ranger's bed. "Let's get started then. In a masquerade the most important thing is to..."
    "Grumpy, rich and pretty much like any pointy in the area. Luckily we have a bonus, Surdrak will be getting drunk, Jadiete will be parading Sora around to try and raise scandal, Elsee is.. going to be Elsee and Art... I don't know what he is doing...." She shrugged and collapsed on the bed, listening to Natasha. Every so often she would get up, practice curtsy or a certain walk til she got it right and then she would make her way back.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Nedivax and Belladonna blink twice in unison and offer no initial response. After a moment Belladonna says in a slow, cautious voice, as if she's not quite sure what the right answer is. "...Yes. We're not Wolf's heads, but I think we're going to be locked up for a few months at least, maybe even a couple years." She sinks against the bars a little bit as the length of the sentence sinks in. "What are you asking me to do?"

At the mere mention of Elsee ripping apart his spellbook Nedvax frantically shakes his head. "Don't even think about it! Just...I'll think of something."
    Elsee sighed and plopped herself down in front of the cage, scratching at the stone floor with a fingernail as she spoke.

"i dunno, he's a great guy 'nd all so i don't wanna just up 'nd leave him with nuttin, but I’m a seducer, not a romance-er, once the bed has come and gone I’ve got nutthin, usually it's either repaying a favour or payin for one in advance. just... keyend fegured i could at least find 'im someone else before i leave... 'nd your really the only woman i know who can tolerate plavaan without living in the swamps, he needs to stay by the sea since he's a sailor or a fisher 'er somethin... looket me eye don't even know what the hell hes job es."

Elsee blinked a bit and brought a finger up to her chin, scratching at it idly. "come to think of it, Docks got hit pretty badly by a huge hurricane, dragon, plague combo... they'll probably be a little short-staffed after all this is over, 'nd it's not like you're murderers or anything right? i miiight be able to pull some strings... see if i can getcha some jobs there on some kinda community-service deal 'er somethin. Probably still guarded 'er under house arrest when not workin... beats a cell though.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Surdrak flew back down to meet the gnome directly.

Hello~, need somthing?

11. - Top - End - #281

"Grumpy, rich and pretty much like any pointy in the area. Luckily we have a bonus, Surdrak will be getting drunk, Jadiete will be parading Sora around to try and raise scandal, Elsee is.. going to be Elsee and Art... I don't know what he is doing...." She shrugged and collapsed on the bed, listening to Natasha. Every so often she would get up, practice curtsy or a certain walk til she got it right and then she would make her way back.
    "And you tell me not to be prejudiced," Natasha says with a chuckle. "Well, I'll be there too, if only to see the absolute chaos that is sure to ensue." With that, she gets to work, showing Badger how to walk, how to communicate properly from behind a mask, even how to properly clean and trim her fingernails which are cracked and dirty from use. There's not much either of them can do about the callouses on her hands that are built up from bow use, so instead Natasha gives Badger a pair of long silk gloves to cover them up. "They'll tear the moment you fire a bow though, so be careful," she adds.

Elsee sighed and plopped herself down in front of the cage, scratching at the stone floor with a fingernail as she spoke.

"i dunno, he's a great guy 'nd all so i don't wanna just up 'nd leave him with nuttin, but I’m a seducer, not a romance-er, once the bed has come and gone I’ve got nutthin, usually it's either repaying a favour or payin for one in advance. just... keyend fegured i could at least find 'im someone else before i leave... 'nd your really the only woman i know who can tolerate plavaan without living in the swamps, he needs to stay by the sea since he's a sailor or a fisher 'er somethin... looket me eye don't even know what the hell hes job es."
    Belladonna stares at Elsee in increasing disbelief with every sentence. "...And does he know anything about your plans to dump him? Or that you haven't even bothered to learn what his job is? You don't have a single romantic bone in your body at all? Wow, you're an awful girlfriend."

Elsee blinked a bit and brought a finger up to her chin, scratching at it idly. "come to think of it, Docks got hit pretty badly by a huge hurricane, dragon, plague combo... they'll probably be a little short-staffed after all this is over, 'nd it's not like you're murderers or anything right? i miiight be able to pull some strings... see if i can getcha some jobs there on some kinda community-service deal 'er somethin. Probably still guarded 'er under house arrest when not workin... beats a cell though.
    Nedivax grips the bars so hard they practically rattle in his hands. "Wait, you can actually do that?"

Surdrak flew back down to meet the gnome directly.

Hello~, need somthing?
    Surdrak's tentacles sort of grip the air, leaving him hovering several inches off the ground. The gnome looks up and asks, "I've seen you flying around before--how did you do that?"
    Spoiler: Everyone:
    Show
    Assuming my hands aren't frozen we'll move forward tomorrow morning.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Belladonna stares at Elsee in increasing disbelief with every sentence. "...And does he know anything about your plans to dump him? Or that you haven't even bothered to learn what his job is? You don't have a single romantic bone in your body at all? Wow, you're an awful girlfriend."
    Elsee rolled her eyes and crossed her arms under her chest in a pout. "no, probably not, most likely, and yeah pretty much. Ya wanna start telling me about how the sky is blue 'nd hobgoblins are orange next?"

Nedivax grips the bars so hard they practically rattle in his hands. "Wait, you can actually do that?"
    Elsee turned to Nedivax after her little sass-off and shrugged. "i dunno, i can try if she's on board. know a guy or two who can vouch for the state of the docks, at least one can at least sign some papers to get thengs rolleng maybe. either way et's not gunna be for a couple days en the least, we're still trying to deal with this whole plauge thing that we're thinken one of the nobles caused intentionally."

Elsees eyes darted back to Bella. "If you're willing to get hooked up en a blind date i'm willing to help you, if you're not, then i'm not. If eye try and fail, you don't have to go through with it. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. sound fair?"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Elsee:

Belladonna frowns and says, "That's still not fair, and it's so incredibly unromantic too!"

Nedivax rolls his eyes, muttering something about Belladonna and hopeless romantics. He looks back at Elsee with a curious expression. "I hope you don't mind if I wait for this plague to roll over, if it's as bad as you say it is."

Everyone, later:

As torrid day gives way to muggy dusk, the Wyvern's Fanfd make their way down to the cafeteria. It's already jam-packed with people, but there's enough jambalaya for everyone, with heavily-spiced sausage. But they barely manage to sit down and take that first bite before Mica runs in and gives them a nervous tap on the shoulder.

"There's an elf outside who says she has a package for you?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee rolled her eyes at Bella but nodded at Nedivax. "yeah that's probably smart, i'll talk to my boss when i can to see if he's able to help. with any luck, all three of us will get somethen we want out of this. now play along!"

Elsee stood and started walking away from the cell. "Bye-great-unc! i'll tell great-grannie you're okay! Thanks for the chit-chat!"
    With a grin behind her mask and a wave to the guard woman, Elsee wqas gone.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

Badger groaned and pushed the bowl away. "Because sending it NOT at dinner would have been to much of a hassle." She went to the front throwing the front door open. "You have a package?"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Earlier

Heh, its a gift and a curse i loaned, and then stolen from its terrible owners.

Would you like to know more?

Spoiler
    Show
    I dont know where this is going to post a 'Later' post.

17. - Top - End - #287

Elsee rolled her eyes at Bella but nodded at Nedivax. "yeah that's probably smart, i'll talk to my boss when i can to see if he's able to help. with any luck, all three of us will get somethen we want out of this. now play along!"

Elsee stood and started walking away from the cell. "Bye-great-unc! i'll tell great-grannie you're okay! Thanks for the chit-chat!"
    With a grin behind her mask and a wave to the guard woman, Elsee wqas gone.
    Elsee can hear Nedivax and Belladonna smirking embejind her as she leaves and makes her way back to the guild. She can't shake the hostile glares on her back and more than once it's the glint of her kukris that leaves her undisturbed.

Badger groaned and pushed the bowl away. "Because sending it NOT at dinner would have been to much of a hassle." She went to the front throwing the front door open. "You have a package?"
    A blue-haired elf stands and smirks in the doorway. She steps in the doorway and pulls out a ribbon tying back her hair. As the ribbon unfurls in her hand her form changes to Kayda.

"I believe you requested to borrow one of these for the night?" she says as she places the ribbon--now another hat of disguise--in Badger's hand. She then follows it up with a heavy sack that clinks with metal and other materials inside. "I believe this should have everything you have requested. Is there anything else you need for tonight?"

Earlier

Heh, its a gift and a curse i loaned, and then stolen from its terrible owners.

Would you like to know more?

Spoiler
    Show
    I dont know where this is going to post a 'Later' post.
    The gnome nods, his hat nearly falling off his head. "yes please!"

18. - Top - End - #288

"An uninterrupted meal. Pay raise. Think you can arrange those?"

19. - Top - End - #289

"An uninterrupted meal. Pay raise. Think you can arrange those?"
    Kayda grins. "Unfortunately I do not employ Leif. However, I do hear that the masquerade will be lavishly catered." She hands the satchel over to Badger. "My compatriots will be watching you carefully, though we cannot overtly intervene. I wish you luck...for all our sakes." And she's gone in moments.

Inside the satchel are several signet rings, finely-crafted masks that not only hide but also seem to blur the outline of the face, accessories like sashes and gloves, and a partial floor plan and guest list, with a disclaimer that the latter two are slightly speculative but erred on the side of absence over guessing. There is a mask for everyone: a jet-black raven mask, a pale crescent moon mask that seems to shimmer in shadow, a bright bronze dragon mask, a cream-and-orange fox mask, a frog's mask whose hands appear to cover the eyes without blocking vision, and an impishly grinning satyr's mask.

Show
    sorry guys, she didn't give you Majora's Mask.

What are you guys going to do now? And thank you!

20. - Top - End - #290

Kayda grins. "Unfortunately I do not employ Leif. However, I do hear that the masquerade will be lavishly catered." She hands the satchel over to Badger. "My compatriots will be watching you carefully, though we cannot overtly intervene. I wish you luck...for all our sakes." And she's gone in moments.

Inside the satchel are several signet rings, finely-crafted masks that not only hide but also seem to blur the outline of the face, accessories like sashes and gloves, and a partial floor plan and guest list, with a disclaimer that the latter two are slightly speculative but erred on the side of absence over guessing. There is a mask for everyone: a jet-black raven mask, a pale crescent moon mask that seems to shimmer in shadow, a bright bronze dragon mask, a cream-and-orange fox mask, a frog's mask whose hands appear to cover the eyes without blocking vision, and an impishly grinning satyr's mask.

Show
    sorry guys, she didn't give you Majora's Mask.

What are you guys going to do now? And thank you!
    Badger flipped through the contents pulling out the raven and crescent moon masks. After some consideration she tossed the moon mask back in the satchel and held onto the raven mask. Poking her head into the dining hall she shouted to the others. "Meet upstairs. You'll want to see this." Hurrying to her room she set the box down and put the raven mask in her dresser. Carefully she reached to the bottom of the bag and pulled out one last article which she hurriedly hid in her closet.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee arched an eyebrow as she looked first from the dragon mask then to the sayter's mask, occaisionally glancing over towards the fox mask in someone else's posession as she tried to decide wich one would best suit her. she wasn't quite sure if or how she would be getting into the party mind you, but the masks were cool. though she'd need to take off her facemask if she went... wich might actually be a good thing as she rarely removed it as it was, only doing so to eat or drink, not changing it as often as she should. heck she probably forgot what real air tasted like at this point.

"So... think we get to keep these?"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Earlier

Well, if you know about other people who would love to know more, tell them to come to Leif's guild in a few days* and ask for Surdrak, i might as well spread the knowledge.

Spoiler
    Show
    "In a few days" means "after the party infilitration" because i forgot when thats supposed to happen.

Later

Give me that satyr.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee frowned, handing over the mask before reaching over and grabbing the fox mask from Jadite's hands. "Fiiine, but gimmie the fox then! Art you can take the dragon, yer the bossman anyways."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

"And here I was thinking you would take the frog Elsee. Seems impish enough for you."

25. - Top - End - #295

"I suppose I shall take the lunar mask," Jadeite says as he picks up the moon mask and puts it on. He then grins at Sora and tosses the frog mask at her. "Which leaves you with this beauty, Sora. It's quite comely, don't you think?"

Spoiler: Athedia
    Show
    are you still doing the thing we talked about?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Sora takes a look at the frog mask for a moment.
    "Oh well, atleast no one at the party will know its me."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #297

Surdrak:

The gnome grins. "I'm sure I will."

Everyone, Later:

Night falls, and what remaining streets are populated are illuminated by torchlights and lamps. Of course, the Heights are brightly lit, and Cesare's manor is the brightest of all. Behind the wrought iron gates lies a garden with more stone than plants, with a large artificial koi pond and river running down through a stone tunnel that seems to rise up from the ground. The little river seems to vanish, but observant eyes can see that it leads to a statue, where it pours out the top and runs back down to continue the cycle. The manor is in the back, and from the lay of the land it's clear that at least part of it goes underground--though it seems more like the earth was raised to swallow part of the manor than the manor was dug under the earth. The garden is brightly-illuminated, with softly glowing lights of different colors hanging from streamers set up from various pillars. An orchestra is playing soft classical music, and a well-stocked hot and cold buffet is set up close to the manor. Across from it is an even better-stocked bar. Several dozen nobles, all in fine dress and masks, mill around the garden and occasionally enter and leave the manor. There are also a few waiters and servants who carry trays of horderves and take empty wine glasses out of peoples' hands. They are quiet and unobtrusive, and usually not noticed (though more thank the servants than not, and very few people are rude).

28. - Top - End - #298

Sora and Jadeite:

The bronze dragon mask that Jadeite convinced Sora to take does work well with her elven disguise. Her pointed ears blend well with the horns and fins of the mask. Jadeite, for his part, looks every part a creature of mystery and darkness behind the moon mask. Upon spotting the pond and river behind a few dancing people (there are not many dancers though, surprisingly enough), Jadeite whispers to Sora, "Perhaps I should have let you keep the frog mask. You would have been right at home splashing about in the water with the koi. Ah well, such are unexpected plans. You do remember your lessons, right?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Sora and Jadeite:

The bronze dragon mask that Jadeite convinced Sora to take does work well with her elven disguise. Her pointed ears blend well with the horns and fins of the mask. Jadeite, for his part, looks every part a creature of mystery and darkness behind the moon mask. Upon spotting the pond and river behind a few dancing people (there are not many dancers though, surprisingly enough), Jadeite whispers to Sora, "Perhaps I should have let you keep the frog mask. You would have been right at home splashing about in the water with the koi. Ah well, such are unexpected plans. You do remember your lessons, right?"
    Sora whispers back.
    "Perhaps you would join me when I brought another of your deceased experiments into the water with me."
    Then, showing no change in stance, she adds back.
    "Yes. I made quiet sure to memorize how to address everything properly."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

30. - Top - End - #300

Entering the dance floor a young woman, deep black curls blending in with the solid black wings of her mask. The black and white diagonal strips on her dress seemed to twist around her body, and long white gloves reached passed her elbows. She walked calmly through the crowd, saying quiet greetings until she reached the cluster of women Natasha stood with along the edge of the garden. "Excuse me, but may I make your acquaintance? The city is rather overwhelming without friends."