New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation, Spawn of The Everlord (IC)

Gehenna; The Divine Court

"I will join you in Celebration, Brother Alcandor. However, a courtroom is not exactly the best place to hold a feast. Shall we retire to the Council Chambers? They have shifted as of late, many deities have been born since the last meeting." She smiled, gesturing to an empty space, where shadows coalesced and light shone into being as a portal opened. Through the Portal was a large chamber, with a long ovular table. Sixteen thrones were all sat around the table, each of equal size. Some were altered slightly from their default grey stone, but most still stood as they were created. "And I am Nergath, young one. I am the Divine Judge, the Guardian of Divinity."

The Lake of Sorrow; Uraneth and Sunev's Fight

Nergath kept herself between Sunev and Uraneth, listening intently to both sides of the arguement. "Sunev, listen to me. I know your domain has been violated, I know that you are angry. But this is not the way to settle this. If you strike her here, then you lower yourself. Please, my Niece, listen to me. Back down, and I will enforce the laws that have been laid down. I will censure those who have broken them, and I will ensure a peaceful resolution to this situation." Nergath locked eyes with Sunev again, trying desperately to keep the situation from escalating into open war. If it did, then she had no choice but to defeat her own niece.

Gehenna; The Celestial Gate

Maya walked the long path, alone. It was a long, tiring march, seemingly endless. It took three days to reach the Inevitable City, despite the city seeming to always be just on the horizon. On the dawn of the second mortal day of her journey, something happened. Hooded beings of pale grey light, clad in dark silver armour. Black feathered wings extended from their shoulderblades, and as they flew trails of black smokey shadow extended behind them. These beings flew above the road, coming from the Inevitable City. Flails made of dark grey metal and wrapped in black leather sat hooked to their belts. The Angels of Death seemed to ignore Maya, flying past and towards the Celestial Gate. She kept moving, until two of the Angels landed on the ground before her with a heavy thud. They looked at her, their hands going to their sheathed flails. "State your name, date of death, and how you came to Gehenna before the collection has even started." The first angel said, his wings folding behind him.

Baloma

Nergath frowned, Baloma spoke of a counterbalance to something that brought the balance. She considered his words, then spoke. "The Law seeks to bring balance and stability to this world, so that all gods would have equal say in what happens. Tell me how you can possibly come to the conclusion that there must be a counterbalance to such a thing." She said, a tiny hint of anger in her voice. "As for the souls, all beings with free will must be able to die. When they die, my Angels of Death will collect their souls, and they will be judged and given to the god that owns them. For we ARE Masters of this universe. While we may guide mortals, we also created them, and it is by our will that they even exist. Without us, they are nothing. You speak of helping Children grow. How does dust grow? We are as the wind, and they are as dust. Nothing they can do will affect us.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"The plight of the people in this forest does not disturb me overmuch. But we will discuss them first. You say there are two kinds. Those who desire your embrace, and those who do not. And those who desire your embrace, you say, journey to you, and so die. While those who do not are interlopers who deserve their fate, and so die. I notice there is no third option; no way they can live alongside you. So they should leave?"

"Remember this first. YOU are the intruder here. They lived and laughed and loved in these woods long before you raised your head above the water. So those too foolish to flee when they saw what you had made of their world deserve death? You did not announce your presence; did not act swiftly. You subtly twisted a land they loved around them. You seeped through their food and drink into their thoughts. When should they have fled?"

"So, given that, there are indeed two kinds of people here. Those who had buried sorrow in their paths, which you were capable of unearthing. These you slew, as a 'mercy'. Despite that they had felt that sorrow before, and chosen to live on. You reawakened every pain of it, increased it in strength, and made it unending until they begged for release. This is akin to me taking that fine beast next to you, and torturing it - for do not think that animals cannot be broken. And after some time, there will come a day when it would rather die than endure another minute of suffering. Animals cannot commit suicide as mortals can, so you would, perhaps, not recognise this. But you would see it give up, see it lie down and die."

"And then, the second kind of people. Those who did not have a deep enough loss for you to use to drive them to suicide. And so, for their crime of being happy, you slew them by manipulating the animals around them, and called them foolish for not leaving the land they loved. Called it justice."

"But, though this may sound harsh, they were but one tribe. I did not notice their suffering, nor their passing. If the Darkness beneath the Waves claims tens of times as many lives, all of which end in pain, why would I grow so wroth over one village?"

"So I say that you deliberately miss the point. I am not just talking about that one tribe. A few scant miles away, a seed of the same corruption seen here spreads in a river. You cannot deny it. Just one river, I hear you say. I am not blind to the future. If I do not intervene now when you are weak, I will have to try to face you later when you are strong, and all the waters of the world, save for perhaps the sea, are under your hold."

"Like the corruption here, most mortals would not drink of your waters. But my plants have no choice but to use what water is near them, and the mortals and animals eat them and so take in the water anyway, and fall prey to the same affliction as the ones here do. So do you pervert my creations to your fell purpose. And you say the mortals can leave. You do not know mortals, sister. Did the ones here leave?"

"Eventually, when their land grows dark and the deaths start mounting, some cowardly few may flee. But your pestilence will spread. When this stain covers the whole world, where will they run to? For Love and Beauty, for happiness among the races of this world to continue, your expansion must be stopped at some point. And I am choosing to stop it here and now."

During all of the conversation, the white-hot ember of Sunev's hatred had died down somewhat. Words had cooled it, as she sought the right ones to prove to this twisted thing that SHE was right. But with her aunt's words, the anger flared back to life.

"Laws? LAWS?! I march to war, and you offer to express your disapproval that I am wronged. I have heard your laws. Nowhere in them is this laid out as wrong. Your laws would prevent me from defending myself, had I bound myself to them. They would protect this woman, and I could do nothing. I will have none of your laws. I will simply do what is right."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"What does my name matter? Do you distinguish based on name? Social class? Riches, Age, Beauty?"

The faded soul had now acquired a staff from somewhere, which it was using to support itself along the path. Irritated, it waved the stick at the angels, no force behind its blows, but seemingly unmoved by their appearance. "I don't know how I got here, but I know where this is. The Land-After-Death. So, I'm dead. Probably today, or yesterday or something. Still, I am faithful to the Goddess Maya, and I would go to join her side. Let me pass."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Syrid stood atop the Tower of Night, his silhouette reaching the horizon whenever the rotating beam came around. This is wrong. There should be more people. He descended into the city, concealed in the shadows as he passed in between buildings. Laughter came from the pubs, certainly. and trading had taken off as people clamored for what they could not find at home. He watched a small figure purchase a chisel from a creature many times his size- it appeared he was taken up stone cutting, a new profession for his race. But more people should be here. The tower had not even been visited, let alone settled by the scholars he had hoped for. He could not imagine why more people had not come to take refuge here.

Perhaps the light was not strong enough. No, it could be seen from most places at night, however bleakly. It must have been something else...

A small ship arrived at the end of the harbor, It's hull battered to a point beyond compare. Two boys spilled out of it, elated at their success, and exhausted from their efforts.. They reminded him of... something. Something he had forgotten. It mattered not. It was clear what the problem was to him now. People could simply not stand the storms of the seas. Skyen was known for his favoritism between the races after all, though sabotaging ships? That was unlike him, though the ship showed markings that were clearly not made by the serpents traditionally encountered and- SERPENTS! What an idiot he had been. No doubt he had simply let sailors drown with his carelessness. He raised his lantern and allowed a single wisp of light to float out of it.

Spoiler: AP and stuff
    Show

AP 12/15
    -1AP, blessing: Sailors will no longer be plighted by the same number of sea monsters. Perhaps because the bottom of their ships will now be cloaked in shadow, concealing them, or perhaps because the serpents and kraken's minds are slightly dimmed.

-1 AP, upgrade knowledge of boats to advanced shipbuilding, allowing easier crossing of the oceans by mortal race. Free to all races that can make it to The City of Night, who then (presumably) launch larger vessels returning home.
    10/15AP
    Last edited by squidpope; 2014-08-17 at 04:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Her Luminance - The Sun

Her Luminance widened her eyes in appreciation of the power display their two energies created. These were the angels; the servants of Gehenna. They were each dark and light, divine instruments of their will, they would do what was necessary to maintain order in the cosmos. They were the law. Her Luminance looked over Nergath's angels in appreciation with their shadowy wings and noted they were nearly as beautiful as hers. It was because elves were used as part of the template that the angels were at least as beautiful as them.

The angels were obedient to both of them naturally and at the lower ranks there wasn't a huge difference between the angels. But when it came to their specialty angels it was the Angels of Glory who focused on terrifying displays of sheer power. They were mostly beautiful humanoids with pointy ears just like her elves and they burned with an inner glow of burning light. Some of them couldn't maintain a human form and appeared as beings of pure fire with flaming wings, while others had a humanoid appearance but still maintained the angel wings of fire. More powerful examples were entirely humanoid and clad in a golden armor that gleamed with an otherworldly charm and each carried a sword crafted from pure light and flame, the opposite of the flails of shadow. Some of the Angels of Glory simply carried a spear made of light like some of the standard angels also did.

"They are true warriors.. who can stand against these defenders of divine law?" Her Luminance said happily and clasped her hands together in joy.

Her Luminance at Gehenna

After that, assuming Nergath had nothing else she wished to discuss, Her Luminance joined the others at the party in Gehenna, now flanked by two Angels of Glory. The angels wouldn't be an uncommon sight here soon. She will go directly to the Council Chambers assuming that's where everyone is at the moment.

"Ah, fire of my flames, Alcandor, you have had a daughter!" Her Luminance gushed as she took in the new goddess. "This is wonderful news. The lineage of luminance will burn bright and forever, truly." She continued as she drifted over to continue inspecting Ethidras. With another claim that it was merely for the celebration, Ethidras's wino divine grandmother took another goblet and quickly consumed the divine drink.

"This concoction must never get into the hands of mortals." She mused as she stared into the goblet, considering all the chaos it would bring.

"Alcandor.. to this celebration She brings a request." She said slowly, watching her spawn for any reactions. The lady wondered if he knew the fuss his little Titan's had made. Oh, Maya was very steamed indeed, it pleased the goddess of fire. She almost would have ruled against Lady Risk if it didn't mean her elves also benefited. "You've left the power of your creations mark all over our shared sun; both in the hounds that dwell there and your personal ones. Charming as they are." She continued, "Her Luminance would ask your permission to use these hounds for an even grander purpose. They'll be nothing compared to your personal ones, of course, but their children should have a great purpose too, don't you agree? Family is important, after all. Her Luminance would ask that you allow some hounds to be the companions of angels, to assist them in tracking down evil, to assure the universe that the angels cannot be challenged when they adjudicate the law because they have the first creations of my sun, the god of strength himself."
    LGBTitP

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Ahem. . . what is the meaning of this?" Asked Skyen, this time appearing altogether different from his younger, more handsome self. "I can feel the gratitude of some of my tribes beginning to wane, and for some reason, my daughter doesn't seem to happy right now? Can someone explain what's going on?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

"You should be careful with you accusations, sister." Uraneth's face is a cold mask of rage, and behind her the Lake boils ominously in concert. "I give my gift to those consumed by sorrow and they worship me for it. They have peace in their last moments as I take their sorrow into myself. It is only my unending love for them that moves me to end their suffering. Were it not for my gifts, they would endure forever, knowing no peace, spreading their sorrow like a plague to others. I am the gardener who prunes the rotted fruit so that it does not despoil the whole tree."

Uraneth looks out over the forest, and the waters calm somewhat. "I did not imagine that they would not feel me, and turn away if they did not desire my gifts. It is not right to destroy them simply for their presence. Yet beyond the Blight, the forest is as it was before I came. Surely they can live there. And the rivers will never be as the lake. They will only contain a thread of the Black Water, so that my children will know life near them, and those who seek Uraneth can find me. I would not destroy life on a whim."

Uraneth looks pensive for a moment, and behind her the lake burbles, almost as if the two were communicating, reaching some sort of agreement. "I promise that no rivers will ever feel more than the touch of the Black Waters, though all will feel it in time. It will be small enough that it will not blight the area, and nature will be free to continue as it always was. Yet the Inque will use it to change the world to their suiting, and they must be free to do so, for they must live near the Black Waters, or they will die. But only their settlements will be thus, and they will never change the land for selfish purpose. Is this acceptable?"

Spoiler: The Agreement
    Show

The Lake and the Blight will stay as they are, but Uraneth promises not to completely subsume the fresh water of the world. Rather, a small current of the Black Water will run through all the rivers and lakes, so that the children of Uraneth, both those consumed by sorrow, and the Inque, can feel her presence, and in the case of the Inque, survive. The rivers and lakes will never be so consumed that they will change the surrounding plants and animals, and the Black Water will hide from those who do not wish its touch, so that no accidents occur. The Inque are free to use the Black Water to change the forests and streams around their settlements to that of the Blight, provided they never spread it beyond the immediate area around their village, and they ensure that these Black Water wells or culverts never overwhelm nearby water sources.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"No disrespect, but not all will find cause to join, whether on your stance on mortals, their function coming into conflict with that of future laws, or simply stubbornness. Which do you prefer that group to be: an angry rabble ready to lash out and riot against what they see as rules possibly made without their own birth considered-that is to say, gods whose very nature violate some rule down the line, or a collective group willing to meet at the table to talk it over and seek amendment to these rules? It is not counterbalance to the rules I speak of, simply counterbalance to the group making them and seeking refinement as needed."
    Baloma fiddles with his hammer a bit, before looking to Nergath.
    "Not like we are infallible, after all, or omniscient. We differ, we bicker, we have opinions that can conflict. Like the mortals. What you see as dust, I see as...as flowers, maybe. Many may not bloom due to poor care, but if we treat it right, if we give the proper care, some may blossom. They are a creation unlike any other, potentially being able to rise to our ranks as we begin to go silent. Potential gods and demigods, helpers and equals, will one day rise from their ranks if I do my job right. Not as challenge to our divinity, but because we give of ourselves to the point it grows. Pure foolishness to you is truth to me. Make sense?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Excuse me, I did not come hear to be ignored. Will someone please explain to me what in the Dark Side of the Void is going on? If I don't find answers I will grab them by their gonads and dangle them over the height of the tallest mountain by them."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: The Black Lake; Sunev, Uraneth, and Nergath
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_hyer View Post
    "The plight of the people in this forest does not disturb me overmuch. But we will discuss them first. You say there are two kinds. Those who desire your embrace, and those who do not. And those who desire your embrace, you say, journey to you, and so die. While those who do not are interlopers who deserve their fate, and so die. I notice there is no third option; no way they can live alongside you. So they should leave?"

"Remember this first. YOU are the intruder here. They lived and laughed and loved in these woods long before you raised your head above the water. So those too foolish to flee when they saw what you had made of their world deserve death? You did not announce your presence; did not act swiftly. You subtly twisted a land they loved around them. You seeped through their food and drink into their thoughts. When should they have fled?"

"So, given that, there are indeed two kinds of people here. Those who had buried sorrow in their paths, which you were capable of unearthing. These you slew, as a 'mercy'. Despite that they had felt that sorrow before, and chosen to live on. You reawakened every pain of it, increased it in strength, and made it unending until they begged for release. This is akin to me taking that fine beast next to you, and torturing it - for do not think that animals cannot be broken. And after some time, there will come a day when it would rather die than endure another minute of suffering. Animals cannot commit suicide as mortals can, so you would, perhaps, not recognise this. But you would see it give up, see it lie down and die."

"And then, the second kind of people. Those who did not have a deep enough loss for you to use to drive them to suicide. And so, for their crime of being happy, you slew them by manipulating the animals around them, and called them foolish for not leaving the land they loved. Called it justice."

"But, though this may sound harsh, they were but one tribe. I did not notice their suffering, nor their passing. If the Darkness beneath the Waves claims tens of times as many lives, all of which end in pain, why would I grow so wroth over one village?"

"So I say that you deliberately miss the point. I am not just talking about that one tribe. A few scant miles away, a seed of the same corruption seen here spreads in a river. You cannot deny it. Just one river, I hear you say. I am not blind to the future. If I do not intervene now when you are weak, I will have to try to face you later when you are strong, and all the waters of the world, save for perhaps the sea, are under your hold."

"Like the corruption here, most mortals would not drink of your waters. But my plants have no choice but to use what water is near them, and the mortals and animals eat them and so take in the water anyway, and fall prey to the same affliction as the ones here do. So do you pervert my creations to your fell purpose. And you say the mortals can leave. You do not know mortals, sister. Did the ones here leave?"

"Eventually, when their land grows dark and the deaths start mounting, some cowardly few may flee. But your pestilence will spread. When this stain covers the whole world, where will they run to? For Love and Beauty, for happiness among the races of this world to continue, your expansion must be stopped at some point. And I am choosing to stop it here and now."

During all of the conversation, the white-hot ember of Sunev's hatred had died down somewhat. Words had cooled it, as she sought the right ones to prove to this twisted thing that SHE was right. But with her aunt's words, the anger flared back to life.

"Laws? LAWS?! I march to war, and you offer to express your disapproval that I am wronged. I have heard your laws. Nowhere in them is this laid out as wrong. Your laws would prevent me from defending myself, had I bound myself to them. They would protect this woman, and I could do nothing. I will have none of your laws. I will simply do what is right."
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    "Excuse me, I did not come hear to be ignored. Will someone please explain to me what in the Dark Side of the Void is going on? If I don't find answers I will grab them by their gonads and dangle them over the height of the tallest mountain by them."

Nergath stared at Sunev, and began to speak. "You are angry, Sunev, I know. You have been wronged, I know. I will punish Uraneth for her misdeeds if you simply stand down. You speak as if I am not the embodiment of the Laws we settled upon, as if I will not stand up for the justice and stability those laws are meant to protect. I will punish the wrongdoings, Sunev, I promise you that.

Spoiler: The Road of Death's End; Maya and the Angels
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "What does my name matter? Do you distinguish based on name? Social class? Riches, Age, Beauty?"

The faded soul had now acquired a staff from somewhere, which it was using to support itself along the path. Irritated, it waved the stick at the angels, no force behind its blows, but seemingly unmoved by their appearance. "I don't know how I got here, but I know where this is. The Land-After-Death. So, I'm dead. Probably today, or yesterday or something. Still, I am faithful to the Goddess Maya, and I would go to join her side. Let me pass."

The Angel was silent and unmoving for a moment, before it replied, each word making the pale light beneath the hood pulse gently. "Was it Lady Maya who brought you here?" it asked, its hand moving away from the sheathed flail. The other Angel stood sentinel, unmoving as it watched the 'Soul' before it. "I require an answer as to how you arrived here before the Angels of Death began their mission to retrieve the souls of the dead."

Spoiler: The Feast at Gehenna; Alcandor, Ethidras, Her Luminance, and Nergath
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Her Luminance - The Sun

Her Luminance widened her eyes in appreciation of the power display their two energies created. These were the angels; the servants of Gehenna. They were each dark and light, divine instruments of their will, they would do what was necessary to maintain order in the cosmos. They were the law. Her Luminance looked over Nergath's angels in appreciation with their shadowy wings and noted they were nearly as beautiful as hers. It was because elves were used as part of the template that the angels were at least as beautiful as them.

The angels were obedient to both of them naturally and at the lower ranks there wasn't a huge difference between the angels. But when it came to their specialty angels it was the Angels of Glory who focused on terrifying displays of sheer power. They were mostly beautiful humanoids with pointy ears just like her elves and they burned with an inner glow of burning light. Some of them couldn't maintain a human form and appeared as beings of pure fire with flaming wings, while others had a humanoid appearance but still maintained the angel wings of fire. More powerful examples were entirely humanoid and clad in a golden armor that gleamed with an otherworldly charm and each carried a sword crafted from pure light and flame, the opposite of the flails of shadow. Some of the Angels of Glory simply carried a spear made of light like some of the standard angels also did.

"They are true warriors.. who can stand against these defenders of divine law?" Her Luminance said happily and clasped her hands together in joy.

Her Luminance at Gehenna

After that, assuming Nergath had nothing else she wished to discuss, Her Luminance joined the others at the party in Gehenna, now flanked by two Angels of Glory. The angels wouldn't be an uncommon sight here soon. She will go directly to the Council Chambers assuming that's where everyone is at the moment.

"Ah, fire of my flames, Alcandor, you have had a daughter!" Her Luminance gushed as she took in the new goddess. "This is wonderful news. The lineage of luminance will burn bright and forever, truly." She continued as she drifted over to continue inspecting Ethidras. With another claim that it was merely for the celebration, Ethidras's wino divine grandmother took another goblet and quickly consumed the divine drink.

"This concoction must never get into the hands of mortals." She mused as she stared into the goblet, considering all the chaos it would bring.

"Alcandor.. to this celebration She brings a request." She said slowly, watching her spawn for any reactions. The lady wondered if he knew the fuss his little Titan's had made. Oh, Maya was very steamed indeed, it pleased the goddess of fire. She almost would have ruled against Lady Risk if it didn't mean her elves also benefited. "You've left the power of your creations mark all over our shared sun; both in the hounds that dwell there and your personal ones. Charming as they are." She continued, "Her Luminance would ask your permission to use these hounds for an even grander purpose. They'll be nothing compared to your personal ones, of course, but their children should have a great purpose too, don't you agree? Family is important, after all. Her Luminance would ask that you allow some hounds to be the companions of angels, to assist them in tracking down evil, to assure the universe that the angels cannot be challenged when they adjudicate the law because they have the first creations of my sun, the god of strength himself."

Nergath bowed her head as Her Luminance entered, her form on the sun discorporating immediately. As Skyen entered, she sighed. "My apologies, Skyen, I was preoccupied keeping the peace. Your daughter has had her domain violated by a newborn goddess, and seeks recompense. Unfortunately, she seeks it in the manner of destruction and flagrant disregard for the laws we settled upon together. I am attempting to prevent her from breaking those laws, so that I must not punish her for her actions." She shook her head. "Your daughter has a fiery temper, and she has little faith in my ability to enforce the laws I have sworn to uphold. She claims that the young god that violated her domain has done nothing to break the laws. Yet she has, and as soon as Sunev is not looking to tear her throat out, I will turn around and rebuke her for breaking the first law."

Spoiler: Baloma
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "No disrespect, but not all will find cause to join, whether on your stance on mortals, their function coming into conflict with that of future laws, or simply stubbornness. Which do you prefer that group to be: an angry rabble ready to lash out and riot against what they see as rules possibly made without their own birth considered-that is to say, gods whose very nature violate some rule down the line, or a collective group willing to meet at the table to talk it over and seek amendment to these rules? It is not counterbalance to the rules I speak of, simply counterbalance to the group making them and seeking refinement as needed."
    Baloma fiddles with his hammer a bit, before looking to Nergath.
    "Not like we are infallible, after all, or omniscient. We differ, we bicker, we have opinions that can conflict. Like the mortals. What you see as dust, I see as...as flowers, maybe. Many may not bloom due to poor care, but if we treat it right, if we give the proper care, some may blossom. They are a creation unlike any other, potentially being able to rise to our ranks as we begin to go silent. Potential gods and demigods, helpers and equals, will one day rise from their ranks if I do my job right. Not as challenge to our divinity, but because we give of ourselves to the point it grows. Pure foolishness to you is truth to me. Make sense?"

Nergath glowered at Baloma. "These laws are made by all gods, not by a select group. If any gods seeks amendment, all they must do is speak with me. I shall call for a Concilium Deorum, and all who attend will have their voices heard and considered. The laws only work when they are satisfactory to the vast majority. She didn't like this god, he reeked of disagreement and rebellion. "The mortals are merely reflections of us, they cannot surpass us any more than a mirror can. I am the God of Divinity, young one, do not seek to instruct me on its nature. Her face softened, and she breathed deeply. "Regardless, I accept your decision, and recognize your opinions... I have a question for you though..."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-08-17 at 11:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sahu had to laugh at the conversation between the two gods, a deep, gurgling laugh from deep within her mucus filled throat. "It's rare I come across someone more stubborn than myself," she admitted with some relish. "We're gods. We need some manner of rule over the world, or else we'll never stop messing with each others work. These laws at least in part guarantee that if some god gets upset one race is more... 'aggressive' than another, or that some of another gods work is anathema to them they were powerless to do anything just because of their opinion. I don't see any god that would not benefit from these laws. As for speak of whether we'd want rabble or a council... rabble, any day." The sea goddess grinned evilly. "Rabble is far easier and more satisfying to slaughter."

She had joined, there was nothing else to do now... in this place at least. With souls being created, she needed to create a housing place for the souls that were faithful for her. What's more, she needed to creature a place of torment for the Faithless... she did not intend for such an excuse for eternal torture be taken by another god in the interest of 'fairness' or 'impartiality'. In other words... she must plan, and create. "Excuse me, I have some business to attend to," Sahu told the gods, before sinking back down into the deeps.

Wait, she sensed... something. Something... no! SHE JUST DEALT WITH THIS!! WHO THE HELL WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO EVEN TRY PROTECTING THOSE DAMNED BOATS AGAIN?! Did she need to craft a second damned Tarrasque before they got the hint?! ...something she didn't have time nor power for as of yet. She had to make souls her highest priority, at least for now. In other words... she would need to let them be on her ocean for now. It would... lull them into a false sense of security. For her to destroy them at a later date, yes. It would... need to suffice for now.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Sahu, how distasteful. your mighty seas cannot be conquered by people with wicker, wooden, and metal baskets, no matter how over-reactive you are. These people could become advanced enough to build vessels that reach across the stars before they could conquer the sea. You need to calm down, as impossible as that is with you, and consider, at least pursuing some other interest than destruction. The sea should be a place of great beauty, romance and happiness as much as it is a roaring maelstrom of death and fury. Couldn't you at least try to become sophisticated and well, civilized for once? Stop murdering people and try to be benevolent".

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Uraneth raises one exquisite eyebrow. "Misdeeds?" Apparently it was shaping up to be an exciting day for Uraneth, but one problem at a time. Hopefully Sunev would realize the legitimacy of the deal and take it, so they could both avoid further violence.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Didn't dream to, and I am sorry you take offense, for that is not my intent. I was simply saying how we are different. I respect your side of the matter, and would rather have you as friend than foe. But please, Guardian of Divinity, ask away."
    He doesn't seem to mean that as insult, and nods to Sahu, as she departs. Though somewhat wonders what depths she has to go to at the bottom of the sea. He taps his hammer against the ground, and the world begins to hollow out as tunnels form beneath the ground. A tunnel forms into the water, which would lead to an air pocket leading deeper down into the ground
    "Although...perhaps I could invite you to the home I make for my children as we talk? Make some shrine or concept for the world to acknowledge deep in its heart?"

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

1 AP before rollover, 4/15 AP after
    2 AP: Create Land: The Eternal Mines. The land Baloma has chosen to make, it extends deep underground each continent and ocean, occasionally leading to either surface or ocean, to allow races from both to join them. They are a fungal based ecosystem, with all digging creatures residing within. Given time, an someone who knows the paths, you could theoretically use the seemingly endless tunnels to navigate across the world-however, the trick is still not getting lost...
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-18 at 01:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Tower of Night
    Okuya came to the Tower eventually: it was far from their own lands, and yet one or two boats eventually ventured out, in search of just what exactly that great light was. Their paths had been long, and the children of Maya took even longer to return to their homeland, Yet whilst they were here, the Okyua made good company, laughing, smiling and singing whever they went. The meeting with other races filled the travellers' heats with wonder and glee; tales of new continents nearly made them faint. With Illyria growing closely to being completely mapped, new lands to explore and roam was a prospect any member of their race might have been tempted by. The little-ones lived life in the moment, and lived it with a smile that could generally reinvigorate whoever came into contact with them.

And yet, every time an Okyua traveller was asked if they would return, the small-folk frowned, shaking their head and muttering to themselves. Few ever intended to venture out as far as they had, tricked by the seeming closeness of the tower's light. All their vessels took on excess supplies before venturing home, captains muttering of great serpents who required tribute and the skilled might note the little ones preying quietly as they stood upon the docks, gazes looking out to sea as if expecting a calamity. They had been successful thus far, but the Okyua knew better than to tempt the gods. And Lady Luck's good graces aside, the little folk feared the wrath of Sahu more than they trusted the protection of Syrid. At least for the moment

Death's End: Gehenna
    "Just my.... well, what if I don't know?"

The old Okyua shook her head, trying to look into the angels' eyes directly. A slightly futile exercise, but that didn't stop the soul from trying. "People don't know everything. How do you deal with uncertainty? Problems? Like a soul showing up before you're ready."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Baloma
    Show
    "Didn't dream to, and I am sorry you take offense, for that is not my intent. I was simply saying how we are different. I respect your side of the matter, and would rather have you as friend than foe. But please, Guardian of Divinity, ask away."
    He doesn't seem to mean that as insult, and nods to Sahu, as she departs. Though somewhat wonders what depths she has to go to at the bottom of the sea. He taps his hammer against the ground, and the world begins to hollow out as tunnels form beneath the ground. A tunnel forms into the water, which would lead to an air pocket leading deeper down into the ground
    "Although...perhaps I could invite you to the home I make for my children as we talk? Make some shrine or concept for the world to acknowledge deep in its heart?"

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

1 AP before rollover, 4/15 AP after
    2 AP: Create Land: The Eternal Mines. The land Baloma has chosen to make, it extends deep underground each continent and ocean, occasionally leading to either surface or ocean, to allow races from both to join them. They are a fungal based biosphere, with all digging creatures residing within. Given time, an someone who knows the paths, you could theoretically use the seemingly endless tunnels to navigate across the world-however, the trick is still not getting lost...

Nergath shakes her head. "I forsook this world when I took the mantle of judge. It would not be right for me to give or take anything from it for myself. But my question to you, is who is your progenitor?" She raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "You are young, and thus born of one of the original seven and one. But which of the seven and one birthed you?"

Spoiler: Death's End
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Death's End: Gehenna
    "Just my.... well, what if I don't know?"

The old Okyua shook her head, trying to look into the angels' eyes directly. A slightly futile exercise, but that didn't stop the soul from trying. "People don't know everything. How do you deal with uncertainty? Problems? Like a soul showing up before you're ready."

Gehenna; The Path of Death's End

The Angels exchanged a glance. The second one gripped the handle of her flail, not yet unleashing it, but she prepared to. The first angel's hand moved to his flail, and he spoke. "It is our duty to guard and protect the dead and this place. Souls cannot enter Gehenna on their own, so either something let you in, or you are no soul. Either way, I must ask you to produce an answer or come with us to the Banished Cells in the Inevitable City. There you will be sealed while you await trial by the Nephilim Council. They will reveal all that can be revealed, and then determine whether you are a threat."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"It will not be a single world long. That doesn't answer you, though...but Father is the one who evades notice, and one who prefers to remain less spoken of for that is his purpose, and so has asked me to lock away his name, so I may not speak of him lest I break promise to him. He's...probably benevolent, in a malevolent sounding way, and puts more weight upon the strength of mortality than you, possibly more than I do too. He made me from his dissent, so cooler heads may lead the angry to voice opinion than raise hand against other gods in the creation of the laws. I seem to be flawed, though, I cannot seem to speak, straight, or make peace with you easily."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-17 at 11:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

"It will not be a single world long. That doesn't answer you, though...but Father is the one who evades notice, and one who prefers to remain less spoken of for that is his purpose, and so has asked me to lock away his name, so I may not speak of him lest I break promise to him. He's...probably benevolent, in a malevolent sounding way, and puts more weight upon the strength of mortality than you, possibly more than I do too. He made me from his dissent, so cooler heads may lead the angry to voice opinion than raise hand against other gods in the creation of the laws. I seem to be flawed, though, I cannot seem to speak, straight, or make peace with you easily."
    Nergath's lip curled up into a snarl. She glared at Baloma for a moment. "Mirmulnir..." she whispered, clenching her fists. "Of course it was him... next time you see your father, tell him that I will find and catch him if he breaks a law, regardless of whether he recognizes my authority in the matter. She snorted at Baloma, shaking her head. "I forsook mortalkind and the worlds they tread. I want nothing to do with making sandcastles out of mortal filth. Your followers will be given freely once my Angels of Death have determined it is you who they follow. The same goes for your father. But I would ask you to avoid Gehenna except for diplomatic visits. I wish to keep my home free of those I disdain." As she said the last word, she vanished, her form disappearing into wisps of black smoke.

19. - Top - End - #229

AssassinGuy

Sunev freezes in mid pose, arm still outstretched. She had not seen that coming. All this readying herself for battle, either in person or in the titanic clash when gods truly fight. And all of a sudden, her supposed enemy acknowledged her mistake and capitulated almost fully.

She squeezed her eyes shut in a blink, trying to hide her confusion. But when she opened them again, it only grew. Her aunt was, even in the light of this new offer, offering to punish her foe?

Like the end of a summer squall, when the winds suddenly drop to silence, the formidable figure was gone, and standing in her place was just... Sunev; just a little girl in a green dress, flowers sparkling in her hair. Turning, she addressed Nergath first. "There's no need to punish the water-lady. She was just confused. When I was born, I spread my plants across the world. She was just doing the same."

Returning her attention to Uraneth, she smiled, looking sorrowful at the same time. "I'm sorry about all the shouting and mean stuff I said. I'll happily accept your deal." Raising her hand, she turned her attention to the banks of the lake. Strange new trees sprouted along the banks; long thin branches drooping to almost brush the surface of the water. They were pale and beautiful, but somehow sad at the same time. "Let those weeping willows stand as a symbol of the peace between us. Beauty and sorrow, united in one form."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Gehenna; The Path of Death's End
    "Mortals have been living and dying for how long, and you're still not ready for 'em?" The soul laughed, an old wheezing chortle as she gestured behind her. "You've even got the damned gate open, ready and everything. What fool opened the gate before souls were supposed to come in?"

The old traveller chuckled for a few seconds longer before shaking her head. "All right. My name's Bea. Died... I dunno, yesterday? Sea Serpent got me as I was trying to fish in the ocean rather than the river, damn Sahu's name." She gritted her teeth at that for a second, before finally shaking her head. "I really don't know how I got here. Perhaps Lady Sparrow took pity on me, and sent me here? Or perhaps I got too annoying for her. Either way, your choice. If you're not ready, I'll just wait in those cells... or out here. I don't mind that."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Uraneth smiles. "I will treasure them as the gift they are. Wherever the Black Waters flow, they will grow, so that all who see them will know the presence of the Black Waters, and none will ever forget that today, joy and sorrow came together as one and created new life. Some day, I will repay your gift in kind." Uraneth runs her hand along the trunk of the tree, basking in the glorious confluence between life and sorrow. Even as the tree drank from the Black Water, it did not change, it's very nature allowing it to absorb the sorrow without any change. Uraneth's pleasure is radiant as she embraces the goddess of life in a hug.

For the first time in her brief existence, Uraneth felt joy.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Night Tower - A Meeting by the Night-Light

As the Traveller and his bird-friend were just about to leave the city, a glimpse of light caught Fáin's attention.
    No mortal could ever have distinguished the tiny wisp from the bright light of the tower, but to him, it was like he could see again for the briefest of moments.

"Up there Oovi", he said, "it seems we don't have to travel far to find the lantern bearer."

Without further delay, he matched his size once again to mount the bird and they took of to the top of the tower, where a shrouded figure stood solely.

"Greetings to you Syrid, I'm glad that you have found the light, and I really have to say, you have put it to good use."
    "How have you fared, other than that?"
    "What?"
    "Oh, I apologize. This here, is my good friend
    Oovi."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Baloma frowns at that, before shaking his head and jumping into his tunnel. So much for trying mutual respect...

The Eternal Mines
    Once Baloma exited the ocean through the underground well, he looked about. Surely some had to be here-ah! Picking up a chuck of brass, he took tools from his form and began to carve it. Eventually, a stocky creature, near five feet tall, muscles thick over its body with very wide hands adorned with large digging claws being the first things noticed, it's arms from claw end to shoulder nearly three feet. Its face was a long snout, nose surrounded by whiskers to better feel it's way in the dark, and with keen ears to hear the rumblings and secrets of the earth, and with small tusks to better cut fungus it feeds on away, though it's eyes seemed underdeveloped. Its lower half had short but strong legs, able to support its weight on the back legs indefinitely, but allowing them to crawl as well. Rugged, coarse fur was the final touch, made to resist piercing and cutting blows, so falling rock posed less danger. Nodding in satisfaction, Baloma puts the statue on the ground before striking it once, twice, thrice with his hammer, shoving it into the earth. From where the statue sank, a snuffling sound began, and the first Molnar dug it's way to the surface of the cave.

"Hail,-*snort*-what is-*snuffle*-our purpose, Craftsman?"

Baloma smiled and nodded, before kneeling down to where the Molnar stood in her hole, even as more snuffling comes from below.

"My children, you shall excel at life belowground, seeing wonders others only scrape the surface of and having run of the world at large where others are limited by the sea. I hope a peaceful existence awaits you, one where alliances form and you may gladly welcome travelers to your tunnels, show them paths safe for them, but not as servant but as equals. But I will not leave you unprepared if they come seeking your subjugation."

Baloma taps the Maul to the first Molnar, and knowledge grows in them. Knowledge he had gifted the other races before, and one he gifts them now.

Spoiler: AP and Hammer
    Show

Hammer charge (should be close enough)-Basic Concept (unarmed combat). Molnar have excellent natural weaponry, and through labor and practice have begun to form martial arts around the use of their claws. Other races are beginning to find those who hone their unarmed combat to best others or the wilds. Hartmann had a man recently beat a bear with his fists and wit, for example. This is open to all, and I am letting different gods choose their fighting styles so we might get a diverse setting of martial arts. I have samples if they are desired.

2 AP: Create Mundane Race (Molnar). The Molnar are a race akin to a mix of mole, dwarf, and some orc. Technically omnivorous, their favored foods are insects and fungal growths in the darkness of the Mines, but will try other foods as well. Their upper bodies are heavily muscular, as they constantly modify the Mines and make burrows with their claws, hard enough to cut stone away. Their hides are tough and their bones strong to resist the effects of caverns and the higher pressure life belowground can apply to them, causing piercing blows and bludgeoning hits to be less effective than cutting at them. They suffer from poor eyesight, the sun searing their weak eyes, Myrkul being the brightest light they can stand. However, their whiskers give them good sense of touch, their ears are honed to pick up echoes in the dark, and their noses better than either of the other two, letting them navigate without eyes towards food or allies. While they have souls, they have been asked to help the other races navigate the mines, or trade with and for them.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-19 at 04:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

It was time. Uraneth could feel it in her bones. She had done much to make the world ready for her children, to prorate the lakes and rivers for their coming, and now that time had arrived.

The Inque were born of the Lake. Having no other materials but the Black after that suffused its form, the Lake used what it possessed. The Inque were as black as the darkest night, possessed of oddly fluid bodies. They had one large eye that dominated their head, and though they had no mouths, they spoke as well as any high bred elf.
    Spoiler: The Inque
    Show

Born of such concentrated sorrow, one would expect the. Niue to be forever morose and pessimistic, feeling intensely their own mortality and living lives of short, sad time. But it was not so. For Uraneth had gifts for her chosen children, the first being joy. The stolen emotion, taken from the goddess of joy herself, goes into the Inque. Such an action leaves Uraneth bereft of it once more, but it is a small price to pay. The Inque are a joyous people, taking to their work and lives with a vital fervor that belies their creation. Uraneth also gifts them with the power to remain fluid, as the water from whence they came. The Inque discover that with a thought, they can alter their limbs into tools and weapons as needed, one second a tendril as soft as any skin, the next an axe hard as steel. Though the Inque began without digits, they rapidly adopted that form of limb once they began meeting with other mortal races. Tendrils served them well enough, but they found that other races saw it as unsettling, and so when the Inque treated with others, they had hands.

But all was not gifts for the scions of Uraneth. Their birthrights were many, and not all were benevolent. The Inque did not need to eat as others would, but they absorbed nutrients and life from the Black Water. The center of any Inque village was the Well, typically a source of water converted to Black Waters to allow the village to thrive. This naturally changed the surrounding area, but the Inque were ever careful to keep such changes in check, and never allow them to run rampant. Inque settlements were always near bodies of water, in part out of respect for their mother, but also because to create a Well, one needed a pure sample of Black Water, only attainable through rivers or lakes touched by the Lake of Sorrow or Uraneth. (This means their expansion is naturally limited to Norther Gadras) The Inque felt most at home near the waters, and among the changed forests of their home villages, though they were known to venture outward for a time to explore. Any traveling Inque would keep a small vial of the Black Waters with them, so that if they were kept from Immersion, they could create a small version in the wilderness, and thus survive.

Though the Inque were a joyous people, they ever fought against the truth of their nature. Were it not for what the Inque referred to as "The Return", as a species they would never age or die from the ravages of time. Yet their time as as limited as any mortal. Due to their biology, each time the Inque Immersed themselves in the Black Waters, sorrow creeps into them. It take a lifetime, but near the end, it begins to consume the Inque, and they lose all sense of themselves, becoming little more than a husk. This quirk of their creation gave rise to "The Return". The Return was a ritualized practice by which elder members of the Inque were sacrificed before they were consumed. They were taken to the Well, and their throats cut by Inque blades, usually the closest living relative. Thus, they rejoined and nourished the tribe, and were spared the ravages of madness. Not all Inque accepted this, and the few that did not went mad, and had to be put down by their kin. It was a great honor to be Returned, and such ceremonies were often attended by Uraneth herself, as she drank their sorrow, and welcomed them into her arms.

Yet for all their blessings and curses, the life of the Inque was not so dissimilar to other mortals. They loved and laughed and cried the same as any other, and while they were for a time alone on the Northern Isle of Gadras, soon enough travelers would journey to discover them. Only time would tell if these new changes would be for good or for ill.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show

Starting AP: 12/15
    Create Magical Race: Inque - explained above.
    Create Magical Concept: Body Morphing - the Inque are capable of shifting their bodies and appendages to whatever form they need. This allows them to fit into incredibly tiny spaces and their society has yet to develop external tools or weapons, as their bodies serve that purpose better than any primitive technology might. It is unknown whether the Inque would, or even could, teach this singular magic to other races.
    Ending AP:6/15

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post
    The Night Tower - A Meeting by the Night-Light

As the Traveller and his bird-friend were just about to leave the city, a glimpse of light caught Fáin's attention.
    No mortal could ever have distinguished the tiny wisp from the bright light of the tower, but to him, it was like he could see again for the briefest of moments.

"Up there Oovi", he said, "it seems we don't have to travel far to find the lantern bearer."

Without further delay, he matched his size once again to mount the bird and they took of to the top of the tower, where a shrouded figure stood solely.

"Greetings to you Syrid, I'm glad that you have found the light, and I really have to say, you have put it to good use."
    "How have you fared, other than that?"
    "What?"
    "Oh, I apologize. This here, is my good friend
    Oovi."
    "Well hello there" Syrid said through a smile, extending his hand and gently patting the large avian. He turned to the Traveler. "I did not expect to see you again so soon, I certainly hope I have pleased you."

Syrid spoke stiffly, unsure how he ought to act. Was he to see this man as a god (for clearly he was,) a father (for he had sired him,) or an equal, as the two goddesses he had met earlier had.

"I will be honest with you, I am unsure of my place. It is a marvelous thing, your gift to me. I can shape reality at my whim and raise fortresses with a thought-but still I am unsure of my purpose. To guide: that is what they said. But how am I to guide when I cannot even see my own path before me? Why should I be a beacon in the night when shadows only obscure?"
    The rotating beam of the tower passed behind them, each of the three shadows stretching out long into the horizon before vanishing again as the light moved past them. Syrid looked down upon the city. "I see the people below. I know that it is good. I know that I am bringing together nations in a time of peace but I still cannot shake the feeling that I am not doing enough. That I should be down among them." He sighed, and looked towards the elder god next to him. "Perhaps I was only a courier." He extended out the lantern to the traveler. "You claimed this was yours, did you not? Will you take back your sight or leave it here, without direction?"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ghenna]

Alcandor scowled internally, using the occasion as an excuse to request a gift? If he refused, he'd seem stingy and unkind in front of the daughter he'd just done his best to impress, as well as seem like a hypocrite based on his statements regarding family earlier. He didn't enjoy being manipulated for other's gain, but The Lady had played her cards well at the right time, and thus, he had no choice but the accept.

"Very well, you can have the pups of every second generation. I do understandably want to have a pup or two to rear for my daughter here, as well as teach her the joys of the hunt and many of my other passions. I plan to be an active figure in her life, a beacon of support and strength through her days. This should be more than enough after all, unless you'd have issues making a breeding pair."

He says smiling wryly, pouring her another goblet of wine, refilling his daughters next, and then his own before raising his glass high and downing it before taking his seat at the head of the table, digging into a leg of roasted lamb, place settings appearing for each God he knew in case any more visitors decided to make themselves known in the feast hall.

"Though, for now, as I said before. Let us leave politics away from the feast table, this is a time to make merry and share the joy that is the birth of another God of noble heart, and brave soul!"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The Eternal Mines
    Seeing his children begin to dig and burrow in the darkness of the earth, Baloma nodded with a smile. They would find purpose once they met others, they would see the world in ways they would reach others. There was little more he could give at the moment, and so he let them dig as he cast his eyes to other realms. They would need a home when they died, so maybe the moon?
    The earth parts for him easily again, and he ascends. But even as he crests the waves, and a skeletal frame of steel grows from his shoulders to lift him to the heavens, the Molnar begin to send exploreEs in the directions they knew least about-up...

the Night Tower
    Something that Syrid and Fain find put first, as the sound of claw on stone reaches their ears. Outside the wall, a large snout breaks the soil, and sniffs the night sky before pulling back. Large claws follow after, and a small Molnar sticks it's head out, giving a small screech as the light hits it in the eyes.
    "To bright, too bright! Why is it too bright?!"
    The Molnar backs back down the hole, but the path had been made.

Illyria
    Tama was in the mines, for that was a place of odd comfort to him. The rhythmic pattern to digging, the feel of cool stone, the Myrkul gleaming around him, all of that made him feel at peace, as if he stood in the void and could stare at the stars. Sometimes, he would pluck one from the wall, causing it to fall, but more would be past it. Tama had to wonder, was this how Lady Luck saw the world? So caught up was he, Tama nearly missed the sound of claws on stone nearby. Once the sound reached him, though, he readied his pick, as fear had been taught to the Okuya before Luck had given them Hope. Though even prepared as he was, Tama was caught off guard when the hole formed in the ground, and a snout poked it's way out remniscent of some of the new burrowing creatures to live in the soil, taking a few great whiffs before receding. He was even less prepared for the voice, somewhat guttural but still smelling about.
    "New smell *snuffle*, sitting in a cavern of Forgefather's Blood, be not scared! *snork* We are the Molnar, keepers of the Eternal Mines. What manner of being be you?"

Baloma's Search
    Meanwhile, Baloma flew, on wings of unadorned steel, no pattern given yet for there was no worked metal for the sake of others quite yet, to the moon. It seemed like an interesting place, a gleaming gem that could use polishing. But as he approaches, he feels it has long been claimed by another. With a frown, he takes off to see what other wonders exist, to see what should be left untouched.
    (Valin: Baloma has left the world, and seeks new lands or one unclaimed by others. Feel free to have Maya meet him)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-08-19 at 04:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Spoiler: Oh, Men of Iron
    Show
    Illyria
    Tama was in the mines, for that was a place of odd comfort to him. The rhythmic pattern to digging, the feel of cool stone, the Myrkul gleaming around him, all of that made him feel at peace, as if he stood in the void and could stare at the stars. Sometimes, he would pluck one from the wall, causing it to fall, but more would be past it. Tama had to wonder, was this how Lady Luck saw the world? So caught up was he, Tama nearly missed the sound of claws on stone nearby. Once the sound reached him, though, he readied his pick, as fear had been taught to the Okuya before Luck had given them Hope. Though even prepared as he was, Yama was caught off guard when the hole formed in the ground, and a snout poked it's way out remnant of some of the new burrowing creatures to live in the soil, taking a few great whiffs before receding. He was even less prepared for the voice, somewhat guttural but still smelling about.
    "New smell *snuffle*, sitting in a cavern of Forgefather's Blood, be not scared! *snork* We are the Molnar, keepers of the Eternal Mines. What manner of being be you?"

Baloma's Search
    Meanwhile, Baloma flew, on wings of unadorned steel, no pattern given yet for there was no worked metal for the sake of others quite yet, to the moon. It seemed like an interesting place, a gleaming gem that could use polishing. But as he approaches, he feels it has long been claimed by another. With a frown, he takes off to see what other wonders exist, to see what should be left untouched.
    (Valin: Baloma has left the world, and seeks new lands or one unclaimed by others. Feel free to have Maya meet him)

Mineshaft Hasu, North-Western Illyria
    "Okyua! I am Tama, of the Okyua." The miner dropped his pick, almost backing away but instincts keeping him rooted to the ground. This being did not seem hostile; it could speak, it was trying as hard as it could to be reassuring. Slowly, breathing in and out, Tama started to calm himself, turing his head to study the darkness where the Molnar seemed to be lurking, where the snout had emerged from. "What... what are you doing here?"

The Void
    "Angel of Iron... you have my thanks."

As Baloma cast himself through the Void, another figure followed, close behind but keeping pace. Turning his head, the Forge God saw not a humanoid, but a slim golden butterfly, wings beating far too slowly for the speed it was going at. The Butterfly's voice echoed in the god's mind, voice cheered to have finally found the being it sought. "You give of yourself unto the mortal world. And in so doing, you have made it a more interesting place. As Goddess of Possibility, I applaud your work."

An image appeared in Baloma's mind. A city of Myrkul towers, reaching up towards nearby mountains, and buildings wrought entirely of stone. A seemingly endless number of Okyua scurry between the buildings, wearing woven clothes that wouldn't have been possible without the metal needles Baloma had gifted them with. His gifts, used by the Okyua to forge one of the world's first true hubs of civilization. "Maya is my name, though my people call me Lady Sparrow. I've a fondness for the creatures. I cannot speak for all mortalkind, but I know that my people and I owe you a debt. It's pleasant to see a divine making the mortal realm a more harmonious place."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: A Guide without Direction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by squidpope View Post
    "Well hello there" Syrid said through a smile, extending his hand and gently patting the large avian. He turned to the Traveler. "I did not expect to see you again so soon, I certainly hope I have pleased you."

Syrid spoke stiffly, unsure how he ought to act. Was he to see this man as a god (for clearly he was,) a father (for he had sired him,) or an equal, as the two goddesses he had met earlier had.

"I will be honest with you, I am unsure of my place. It is a marvelous thing, your gift to me. I can shape reality at my whim and raise fortresses with a thought-but still I am unsure of my purpose. To guide: that is what they said. But how am I to guide when I cannot even see my own path before me? Why should I be a beacon in the night when shadows only obscure?"
    The rotating beam of the tower passed behind them, each of the three shadows stretching out long into the horizon before vanishing again as the light moved past them. Syrid looked down upon the city. "I see the people below. I know that it is good. I know that I am bringing together nations in a time of peace but I still cannot shake the feeling that I am not doing enough. That I should be down among them." He sighed, and looked towards the elder god next to him. "Perhaps I was only a courier." He extended out the lantern to the traveler. "You claimed this was yours, did you not? Will you take back your sight or leave it here, without direction?"

"Ah, no!", Fáin responded with a gentle smile, raising his hands in refuse, "Finders, keepers!"
    The Wanderer turned his face up to the god of twilight.
    "How could I tell you what to do? You just have to do what you feel is right."
    "Perhaps, ... let the light be your guide?"
    Fáin
    didn't seemed to be too sure about what he said himself.

What I can tell you, is that I'm happy with what you have done so far. No need to feel inadequate, as far as I'm concerned."
    He paused, unsure of what to say next.
    It is your decision, what you will do in the future. You are as powerful as me, or any other so-called deity I know of."
    And after another moment of consideration, he added, "If you really want my counsel, I'd say, continue what you have done, be a light in the dark, show the way to those who are lost. There is no need, for grandstanding. You may have the power to raise continents, but isn't it more important, even more influential, to bring a lost child back to its family?!"

Then he smiled, "And if you want to be down among them, by all means do it! There are deities who would separate themselves from the mortals. This is not my way. You can change yourself to pass as one of them and learn from them, what they feel, what they need."
    "Ha! You don't have to do anything, if you don't want to. You are free! Even free from your mortal coils!"

Changing to the form of an elder Okuya, he gestured to Syrid to follow, "Come on, let's mix with those mortals down there, my treat."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kapow View Post

"Ah, no!", Fáin responded with a gentle smile, raising his hands in refuse, "Finders, keepers!"
    The Wanderer turned his face up to the god of twilight.
    "How could I tell you what to do? You just have to do what you feel is right."
    "Perhaps, ... let the light be your guide?"
    Fáin
    didn't seemed to be too sure about what he said himself.

What I can tell you, is that I'm happy with what you have done so far. No need to feel inadequate, as far as I'm concerned."
    He paused, unsure of what to say next.
    It is your decision, what you will do in the future. You are as powerful as me, or any other so-called deity I know of."
    And after another moment of consideration, he added, "If you really want my counsel, I'd say, continue what you have done, be a light in the dark, show the way to those who are lost. There is no need, for grandstanding. You may have the power to raise continents, but isn't it more important, even more influential, to bring a lost child back to its family?!"

Then he smiled, "And if you want to be down among them, by all means do it! There are deities who would separate themselves from the mortals. This is not my way. You can change yourself to pass as one of them and learn from them, what they feel, what they need."
    "Ha! You don't have to do anything, if you don't want to. You are free! Even free from your mortal coils!"

Changing to the form of an elder Okuya, he gestured to Syrid to follow, "Come on, let's mix with those mortals down there, my treat."

Syrid followed the wandering god off the edge of the tower and into the city streets below. He wrapped himself in the shadow of a nearby tavern, weaving it around him, concealing him until he appeared to be no more than an ordinary shepherd. It was strangely empty, the streets and building barren of the usual crowds. Syrid looked to his companion, confusion and concern both written plainly on his face, and they began to move more quickly, discover the rapid abandonment of the town. It was not until they reached the east side of the city that they heard the distant shouting of people. As they approached, they saw a crowd of people, some laughing, some perplexed, a few afraid. "Excuse me" Syrid said, moving past a tailor near the group's front. What he saw was... puzzling.

It was a hole. The appearance of a strange hole outside of a town was indeed unusual, but certainly not a reason to gather the whole city around it. People dug holes often, for various reasons. this one was odd because it was not dug down, but instead up, as there were no signs of displaced soil or removed earth, just... a hole. Even more peculiar were the strange sounds coming from within it, chattering and clinking and frantic sounds, and people were gathering out of curiosity.

"Well?" Syrid said, looking at the traveler. "Do we check it out?" Syrid lowered his head inside, and while he could sense movement and life further down the tunnel, he could not see far down into the darkness. He brought his lantern down, and swinging his legs into the hole he looked at Fa'in. "Are you coming with me?"

What a sight it must have been to the people around, to see a shepherd and an elder push their way through the crowd only to descend into the very object of mystery that had brought them here.

Syrid peered down depths of the dark tunnel, and held his lantern high.