New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1461
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Inspired Homebrew Discussion

Got my class well into the development process, check out the main mechanic below:

Spoiler: Terminus
    Show
    The Lie: Whenever a Terminus is brought into conflict with another narrative, it has the potential to parasitize reality itself. Every interaction that reinforces the way the Terminus sees things also feeds the momentum necessary to bend reality to his will. At first it seems like just a perceived difference, but eventually existence has no choice but to cede to the whims of a successful Terminus.
    Whenever a terminus makes a roll and the result is successful, it gains a stack of “reality” which provides a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. This ability can stack a number of times up to your level. Other Mythos may consume stacks to activate additional effects.

These guys lure you into believing in their version of reality which in turn gives them more sway over how things really are. Not necessarily a get-up-in-your-face-and-break-it kind of class, more like the type to stack the odds and wear you down. I think the numbers are about appropriate, but I'm not sure if the BaB should be 1/2 or 3/4. I'd like to avoid full BaB and all good saves. I'm also planning on having the primary stat be whatever your highest mental stat is. No banner yet.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    Does this all mean that you are working on the Cynosure? Or where these just basic Ideas of the Cynosure's abilities to give us a taste?
    I'm not really "working" on anything at the moment. I've got a lot of stuff going on. And, I won't lie, on top of important stuff, one of those things is the Steam Summer Sale and the hundreds of hours of entertainment I just purchased for, like, $30.

But, what I was working on, and will recommence working on when it is the time to do so, was the Cynosure, Secretary, and Anakitos, as well as a Brainspark/Teramach prestige class called the Psychomath, and a Mythic Adventure featuring an ancient-Mesopotamian Lich and a one-shot focused leveling system involving waxing lyrical about broken urns.

But, I got all the Borderlands 2 DLC campaigns for about the price of a burrito earlier this week, so it's time for me to go smash faces as Krieg for a while.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    Got my class well into the development process, check out the main mechanic below:

Spoiler: Terminus
    Show
    The Lie: Whenever a Terminus is brought into conflict with another narrative, it has the potential to parasitize reality itself. Every interaction that reinforces the way the Terminus sees things also feeds the momentum necessary to bend reality to his will. At first it seems like just a perceived difference, but eventually existence has no choice but to cede to the whims of a successful Terminus.
    Whenever a terminus makes a roll and the result is successful, it gains a stack of “reality” which provides a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. This ability can stack a number of times up to your level. Other Mythos may consume stacks to activate additional effects.

These guys lure you into believing in their version of reality which in turn gives them more sway over how things really are. Not necessarily a get-up-in-your-face-and-break-it kind of class, more like the type to stack the odds and wear you down. I think the numbers are about appropriate, but I'm not sure if the BaB should be 1/2 or 3/4. I'd like to avoid full BaB and all good saves. I'm also planning on having the primary stat be whatever your highest mental stat is. No banner yet.
    I'd give 'em 3/4 BAB, or 1/2 with a Mythos to bend reality so they can make themselves seem better at combat, effectively boosting their BAB, much like Divine Power does. The Lie seems an interesting power, and penalizing it to utilize Mythos seems like a neat system to keep track of. For Banner Ideas, the first characters I can think of are The Agents from the Matrix, and Zinyak from Saints Row 4, if I'm understanding the classes intent correctly.

ALSO, I'm a part of an upcoming partially gestalt "Evil" campaign which will contain Mythic characters. The current PC Group is

An Aasimar Bellator/Olethrofex focused on becoming the Perfect combat engine to fulfill an old Deal (Faustian, of course)
    An Aasimar Teramach/Kathados focused on killing the Gods who had marked him for death and returning the world to a more Primal State
    A Human Sorceror/Warlock whose plan is to overthrow a kingdom with her Myriad of fear and illusion effects
    A Human Summon-Focused Archivist/Unknown who wants to literally unleash Hell on earth

The two mythic characters are twins, so we'll be utilizing Adam1949's Mythic Dvati archtype, and our Teramach will also be using his Mythic Giant. I'd be happy to relay back the groups progress, if anyone would care to hear it, feedback and what-not.
    Last edited by 7th son of sons; 2014-06-29 at 03:42 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1174

... From the looks of it, Cynosure won't be a class I'll be touching... like, seriously. HAVING to chop the hand of a child of if it threw a tomoto at you, or be disgraced? Honestly, Cynosure isn't go much as a king, but a tyrant.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    ... From the looks of it, Cynosure won't be a class I'll be touching... like, seriously. HAVING to chop the hand of a child of if it threw a tomoto at you, or be disgraced? Honestly, Cynosure isn't go much as a king, but a tyrant.
    I mean, kids don't generally throw fruit at the benevolent, beloved leader of their nation. Odds are,
    if kids are throwing things at you, and mean to do it as an insult, you're already a tyrant. Just be the hero your people need, and odds are their will be no need for Tyranny.

6. - Top - End - #1176

... I do suppose you have a point... I mean the entire thing about having a super strong ego and will that it allows him to do amazing feats is pretty cool.

7. - Top - End - #1177

If any one is interested, I've conducted a few tests with the Malefica. I was curious how she would stand up against other classes. I decided to use a Paladin, since that seems like the most obvious conflict considering the Taint. Both are level 1, and the first 3 test begin with the characters 30 ft apart.

Tests 1 & 2 ended the first turn, with the Malefica instantly chumping the Paladin. This due entirely to the 'Like A Hellbroth, Boil And Bubble' manifestation, which adds 1d6 damage to all splash weapons you make.

Test 3 had the Paladin going first. He did some damage with his bow, but not enough to take his opponent down. She did the same with her flasks, but not enough to kill him this time. He charged in to attack, she activated Blood-Freezing Cackle Defense, but to no avail, and went down.

Test 4 had the characters begin in melee range. They traded weapon strikes and Malefic Grasps, but the Paladin ended up victorious.

Test 5 was similar, but the Malefica was able to pull out a victory in the end.

Conclusion? The Malefica excels at ranged combat with the Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst mythos. It almost seems essential. I'm not sure if I like this. This could be due to the class's inherent frailty, or to the power of the Mythos. Blood-Freezing Cackle Defense is not as useful as I first thought it would be. Of the four times it was used in these tests, it did not work once. I suppose this is to be expected at early levels with a Save DC of 13. Spending Taint to increase this is likely going to be very useful at higher levels, when that is actually an option. Malefic Grasp seems to be a solid melee option; with the ability to bump up the damage with Taint, it seems as though it will always remain useful, even without enhancements such as 'Virtue-Mocking Hands of Iniquity'.

If given the chance to move around during the melee tests, she likely would have fared better due to her higher movement speed and greater skill with ranged weapons.

I understand that white room fights aren't the best way to test classes, but I can at least find out where they want to be when up against certain enemies. Case in point: Keep away from beefy dudes with big swords and high will saves.

EDIT: I will be conducting another battery of tests later, this time including the effects of Taint on others, and the use of Hexes.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-06-29 at 09:44 AM.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

Very interesting tests, Primal. I'd be more than glad to see what else you try out; perfecting a Mythos class is very, very important indeed.

The two mythic characters are twins, so we'll be utilizing Adam1949's Mythic Dvati archtype, and our Teramach will also be using his Mythic Giant. I'd be happy to relay back the groups progress, if anyone would care to hear it, feedback and what-not.
    A couple of things. Firstly, ohmygod this is amazing that you'd want to do that! I sincerely thank you for that. Secondly... as a warning, the Dvati is definitely an early-stage creation; I've no clue what the balance is like, and I'm unsure if it will perform to expectations. I would probably suggest the following clause for the Legendary Mythos:
    If the two characters do harm each other with the intent to kill and of their own accord, any health lost at that moment, and with every attack traded between the two in the future, is permanently gone, reducing their total maximum HP; the bonds between the two so shattered that their very lifeforce drains with each cut.
    Finally, with the Giant (and the Dvati), please do say how each of them work, and if they are up-to-snuff. Does a player who takes them look at them and enjoy what they do, or would they still prefer the baseline class' Mythos? Thanks in advance.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    Very interesting tests, Primal. I'd be more than glad to see what else you try out; perfecting a Mythos class is very, very important indeed.
    I conducted another one just now, this time with level 2 characters. I have found that Hexes are SUPER IMPORTANT. Forcing her opponent to reroll attacks saved the Malefica more than once. Interesting thing though: before this test, I had never considered allowing them to spend Taint to increase the save DCs of Hexes, but found myself trying to do it here without even thinking about it. I decided not to since the rule just popped into my head, but I think I will add that. It seems to make perfect sense.

Blood-Freezing Cackle Defense is still ineffectual, but forcing your foe to reroll everything does make it a more viable option.

To provide a little more information. It started with the Paladin going first, and dealing damage with his bow. The Malefica, in turn, used her Misfortune hex to ruin his day. He charged her, dealing a bit of damage, but not much. She halved his hit points with a Malefic Grasp. He continues to swing, but doesn't hit her for the rest of the test. She tries something fancy with a Tanglefoot bag, but misses entirely. She finally ends it with an Acid Flask to his face.

Conclusion? Hexes save lives. Make use of everything in your arsenal, or you'll end up as just another notch in some meathead's sword.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-06-29 at 12:12 PM.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1180

I'd give 'em 3/4 BAB, or 1/2 with a Mythos to bend reality so they can make themselves seem better at combat, effectively boosting their BAB, much like Divine Power does. The Lie seems an interesting power, and penalizing it to utilize Mythos seems like a neat system to keep track of. For Banner Ideas, the first characters I can think of are The Agents from the Matrix, and Zinyak from Saints Row 4, if I'm understanding the classes intent correctly.
    Cool, I'm just glad they didn't receive any kind of knee jerk reaction for technically having 1.5x level scaling once their engine gets revved up. I also managed to stitch together a banner that should provide a little insight as to what I'm expecting from these guys:
    Spoiler: Terminus Banner
    Show

Can you guess them all?
    Spoiler: Answers:
    Show
    Top: Ixidor(MTG), Edgar (Phantom Dust), Ultimate Mysterio (Spider Man), Jace Beleren (MTG)
    Bottom: Aizen (Bleach), Tisiphone (God of War), Mr. Book (Dark City), Love Machine (Summer Wars)
    And now you see what I'm getting at.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got half-formed ideas for that "Travelled Teachings" replacement, nothing concrete, though.

But I DO have this:

Spoiler: Exceptional
    Show
    Thousand vocation mental segregation
    Prerequisite: Any four skills 6 ranks

Knowledge. That is the true destination of learning. All know this, but after a certain point. They don't. They feel that they know too much to learn more. So they stop. There is truth to this. The mind can only contain so much. But "truth" is The Scholar's domain. So, he splits his mind into infinitesimally small pieces. Each containing the knowledge of one thing.

But the conscious mind can only handle so much. But The Scholar can switch between them all.

Select three different skills (Excluding "Speak Language"). You are treated as if you possessed full ranks in that skill. By spending an hour in mental practice, you may change which skills this Mythos affects.

You must still use your own "permanent" ranks for prerequisites, however.

For every tier of Mythos above Exceptional (Fantastic, Legendary, Exalted) you have access to, this limit increases by one. Additionally, for each Tier of Mythos (Including Exceptional) you have access to, you may purchase an additional "limit", as if it were a Manifestation of the appropriate tier, so if you had Exceptional and Fantastic Mythos, you may purchase one (and only one) skill limit as an Exceptional Manifestation and a second as a Fantastic Manifestation.

Basic

A thousand by a thousand lessons learned: You gain Knowledge Devotion (Complete Champion, p.60) as a bonus feat. You gain your Int Modifer as a Competence bonus to the Knowledge roll and may make the roll even if you have no ranks in the appropriate skill.

Focused teachings: Instead of an extra skill, you may select a skill a second time to gain an Insight Bonus to that skill equal to your Int Mod + 1/4 your Emathe level.

I also have this:

Spoiler: Excellency
    Show
    Mind/Body epiphany
    Prerequisite: Any three Mythos

For every Mythos you possess you may increase any Ability Score by one.

However, you may not have more than half your upgrades in a single stat. On odd levels, you may "round" the half up to the closest whole number. (So, at two Mythos you can have two stats upgraded once, at three Mythos, you can have one stat upgraded twice and one upgraded once.)

Thoughts? Too good? Too weak?
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2014-06-29 at 07:56 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

12. - Top - End - #1182

Knowledge Devotion is only needed once.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. So you do.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

*Points*

Heavily based off of the Cynosure.

Next up; Reinvent the wheel with the Archansin...
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2014-06-29 at 11:22 PM.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #1185

Just thought I would post a small update for the Mythos Torturer, now called the Eklekti (essentially meaning 'Chosen One'). Since I've started making Mythos, I've gotten better and better and creating novel mechanics. For example, here's the beginning of the 'I am going to make you love me' mythos tree. It's not done yet, but I quite like what's there so far.

Show
    A Kiss Too Deep For Love
    Prerequisite: [?]

Mortals are such pitiful things; they claim they want freedom, but they do not know what this word means. Our Mistress brings you this most glorious gift: true freedom. She would free you from responsibility, worry, love, and all the pressures your society places upon you. All you need do is submit, and She will watch over you for all eternity.

You gain a melee touch attack that you deliver in the form of a kiss. If you hit your target, they must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + Class Level/2 + Charisma Modifier) or become Infatuated with you. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. While so charmed, you gain a bonus equal to half your class level to all Charisma-based checks against them.

While a character is Infatuated with you in combat, they will not attack their allies, but they will do everything in their power to protect you from anyone trying to harm you. By default, they take Aid Other actions to defend you, providing you with a +2 bonus to your AC so long as they remain adjacent to you. This bonus increases by +1 for each tier of Mythos you have access to (+1 for Exceptional, +2 for Fantastic, etc). This state ends immediately if you deal lethal damage, but not if you deal non-lethal damage.

When used out of combat, your target maintains an attitude of Helpful for a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier.

At first I was just going to use the Charm Person spell, but I said to myself "Why not make up some new stuff?" And that's where the 'Infatuation' mechanic came from. It will be making an appearance in future Mythos.

I'm thinking of changing the fluff, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-07-02 at 08:48 PM.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1186

I haven't read the other mythos you've posted, but this one I like. I feel like attempting to go in for a kiss should provoke an attack of opportunity unless you have them grappled. The infatuation mechanic is where it really shines, both eliminating an enemy and giving yourself a numerical bonus in a flavorful way. I can see an advanced manifestation or perhaps a later mythos in the tree allowing the infatuated victim to jump in the path of attacks and take damage for you. Interesting indeed.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    I feel like attempting to go in for a kiss should provoke an attack of opportunity unless you have them grappled.
    Hm... I like that. As a trade off, though, I think I'll add their Charisma modifier to the attack roll.

I can see an advanced manifestation or perhaps a later mythos in the tree allowing the infatuated victim to jump in the path of attacks and take damage for you. Interesting indeed.
    Already working on it. Thank you for the quick response too.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1188

Still looking for a name for this mythos and its manifestations.

-INSERT NAME HERE-
    [Fantastic]
    Prerequisite: Thousand-Armed Weaponmaster Intuition exceptional mythos, Knowledge Devotion.

As the Bellator’s knowledge of fighting and creatures improve, they begin to see way’s of injuring their enemies in much strong, more significant ways, as well as finding ways past their defences. When facing an enemy, a Bellator can make a spot-check against the enemies AC as a free action. If they pass, they get a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to 1/3 of their level. In addition, if the enemy is normally immune to critical hits, you can bypass that immunity. For each 5 points above the enemy's AC, increase the bonus to attack, damage by one.

Basic:

1. The Bellator specializes in powerful, devastating wounds. Whenever you succeed with the spot check, double your critical range, and increase your critical modifier by 1. For every 10 points above the enemy's AC, increase your critical range and modifier by 1

2. Whenever you successfully succeed with the spot check, you may ignore abilities that stop you from denying the enemy their AC. For every 5 points above the enemies AC, you may reduce their AC by 2 when you attack them.

3. You may instead make a spot-check as a move action, instead of a free action. If successful, choose and apply one of the following effects: All of your attacks target the enemies’s touch AC, or, whenever you successfully damage an enemy, they take 1 point of Dex or Strength damage.

Advanced:
    1. Chose a second basic manifestation

2. After succeeding with the spot check, you can share this bonus to your allies for the rest of the encounter as a swift action.

19. - Top - End - #1189

Transmute enemy to ribbons? Finding the path? Seeking the lifeblood? Wedging the gap?
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2014-07-03 at 07:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1190

Seeking the Lifeblood... that works very well.

21. - Top - End - #1191

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Just thought I would post a small update for the Mythos Torturer, now called the Eklekti (essentially meaning 'Chosen One'). Since I've started making Mythos, I've gotten better and better and creating novel mechanics. For example, here's the beginning of the 'I am going to make you love me' mythos tree. It's not done yet, but I quite like what's there so far.

Show
    A Kiss Too Deep For Love
    Prerequisite: [?]

Mortals are such pitiful things; they claim they want freedom, but they do not know what this word means. Our Mistress brings you this most glorious gift: true freedom. She would free you from responsibility, worry, love, and all the pressures your society places upon you. All you need do is submit, and She will watch over you for all eternity.

You gain a melee touch attack that you deliver in the form of a kiss. If you hit your target, they must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + Class Level/2 + Charisma Modifier) or become Infatuated with you. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. While so charmed, you gain a bonus equal to half your class level to all Charisma-based checks against them.

While a character is Infatuated with you in combat, they will not attack their allies, but they will do everything in their power to protect you from anyone trying to harm you. By default, they take Aid Other actions to defend you, providing you with a +2 bonus to your AC so long as they remain adjacent to you. This bonus increases by +1 for each tier of Mythos you have access to (+1 for Exceptional, +2 for Fantastic, etc). This state ends immediately if you deal lethal damage, but not if you deal non-lethal damage.

When used out of combat, your target maintains an attitude of Helpful for a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier.

At first I was just going to use the Charm Person spell, but I said to myself "Why not make up some new stuff?" And that's where the 'Infatuation' mechanic came from. It will be making an appearance in future Mythos.
    the mythos looks good, and the out of combat utility opens some interesting applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    I'm thinking of changing the fluff, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?
    yeah im not sure either, the fluff is effective and to the point, but is it really about torture, its defenately getting there. I like the effect of the oxymoron in the fluff however, gives a good tone to build from. as a suggestion to up the torture side of the equation, how about a manifestation that makes the kiss akin to an addictive drug, after all the mental manipulation opens up the ability to potently inflict some serious mental anguish of the afflicted

also while im here iv some questions, and a mythic tiefling manifestation I want an opinion on.

first is for the first of the 'lesser titan' classes Im working on, anyone know any good exmaple character for the themes of swarms, hunger, sheer emptiness, or such?

and for the same class, with its associated titan, would one that consumed its own heart be acceptable as the basis for the fluff?

finally the manifestation, its for a mythos that gives some fiendish features:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plague carrier
    You become host to a plague of some variety. It has the normal DC for your mythos-based abilities and has its normal onset period. You choose the disease form the list below. You have three points to spend on options for improving your disease. You must choose at least one option for the delivery mechanism of your disease. Your disease is unable to be spread by the infected, except for yourself (and the zombies created by zombie rot should you select that option). When you die (in a manner you would not recover from barring resurrection magic) all infected individuals immediately recover. You demonstrate all physical symptoms, but not the effects of (unless you are actually infected), of the disease(s) you spread.
    Disease options:
    Blinding sickness, bog rot, Zombie rot, blister phage, bluespit, boot soup, brainworms, bubonic plague, cackle fever, cholera, cowards mark, demon fever, devil chills, dysentery, enteric fever, final rest, greenscale, leprosy, malaria, pulsing puffs, rabies, rapture pox, red drip, scarlet leprosy, shattermind, sleeping sickness, slimy doom, tetanus, tuberculosis.

• Increase DC by +1. This costs 1 point
    • Make the disease use its own DC or the one this manifestation normally uses, whichever is higher. This costs 2 points.
    • Increase a single form of ability damage by a die step. This costs 1 point.
    • Increase reduce onset by one day. You may take this option more than once. Should the onset become less than a day the onset is 30 minutes, and after this you may select it further times, to 15 munities first, then 10, then 5, then 1, then 1 round.
    • May spread the disease through bodily fluids, allowing you to spend a standard action to bleed, lick or otherwise contaminate a weapon you or a creature within 5ft is wielding. Severally any creature that targets you with a bite attack that hits is affected by the disease, as are those who somehow come into contact with your bodily fluids in some other fashion, e.g. kiss, blood drain, ect. This costs 2 points.
    • May spread the disease natural through a natural attack, you select a single natural attack you possess. The target is effected the disease on a successful hit on the natural attack. You may purchase this several times for the same disease, effecting a different natural attack each time. This costs one point.
    • May spread the disease through a cloud around you. You may choose to make the cloud visible or invisible. The cloud has a radius of 15ft around you, with anyone within the cloud affected by the disease. A visible cloud costs two points, an invisible one costs three. A visible cloud is generally tinted with some colour, and is composed of some variety of gas or some other obvious physical effect. This likely makes the character noticeable, causing a penalty on stealth checks (exactly how much depends on the situation, a -4 penalty under normal bright circumstances, with less in darker areas.
    • You may make yourself immune to your disease, and any other direct negative effects of its potential spread, e.g. hostile zombies. This costs 1 point.
    • Should your selected disease be zombie rot, you may cause the zombies to retain their class levels and feats, despite lack of intelligence. This costs four points (and thus requires mythos points investment to obtain.
    • Should your selected disease be zombie rot, you may cause the zombies created to be apocalypse zombies instead of normal plague zombies. This costs four points.
    • You may make infected individuals infectious to others, causing anyone who come into contact with them to come into contact with the disease, but the DC is four lower than normal. This costs two points
    • Magical and mundane healing may become difficult to use on the disease, causing heal checks to help the infected recuperate take a penalty equal to half your hit dice, items used to cure the infected only give the infected an additional save to try to recover from the disease, and for magical healing or cures to only be effective the caster must succeed at a caster level check equal to 10 + the HD of the character causing the disease, or the spell fails. This costs three points
    • You may choose a single variety of creature to become a natural reservoir to your disease, such as rats, humans, locusts, pigeons ect. These creatures are immune to the effects of your disease, but are still able to be infected and thus potently infectious to others if you possess the appropriate option form this list. This costs one point. This option may be selected mutable times choosing a different creature each time.
    • You may allow the disease to infect creatures that are normally immune, however they gain +5 on the fortitude saves it inflicts. This costs five points, and thus requires mythos point investment to acquire.
    You may purchase additional points for your disease for 1000 mythos points each. This manifestation may be purchased several times through the expenditure of mythos points, giving an additional disease each time. Should a disease have the same delivery mechanism (separate natural attacks are not counted) you may only have one active at a single time, and may swap between them as a swift action.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

22. - Top - End - #1192

That's what makes the fluff for this kinda tricky. Since she isn't properly awake yet, her growing legend must be interpreted through the eyes of others, namely her mortal worshipers. I plan on including excerpts from sermons and their holy scripture, the Book of Pain.

For this particular Mythos, I'm trying to get across the idea that she hurts you not because she hates you, but because she loves you more than you could possibly comprehend. By allowing you to feel a small part of that love, you finally understand. After feeling that, you would do anything for her, even... no, ESPECIALLY die for her.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

More Bellator Mythos!

This one is inspired by two guys who seem almost incapable of getting a lucky break. (they're also from two extremely difficult games)

I'm thinking something like 'Trap-Dodging Dungeoneer Panache'.

Also, just so nobody thinks I've abandoned that last Bellator mythos, here it is in all its untested glory!

Spoiler: Fearsome Warrior's Blood-Wrath
    Show
    [Fantastic]

As a swift action you may enter a Blade-Wrath, gaining a +4 bonus to your Strength and Dexterity scores. When you activate this ability you may choose for the Blade-Wrath to last 5 rounds, 1 minute, or 1 hour. This ability may not be activated again until its previous duration has elapsed. This functions as a Teramach’s Rage, with a few notable exceptions.

While in this Rage, you may not willingly accept any penalty to your attack rolls in exchange for some defensive benefit. The Bellator may not fight defensively or use the full defense action, nor may he benefit from the Combat Expertise feat.

Advanced
    Frothing-Bladesman Riposte: You gain Karmic Strike (CW) as a bonus feat. While in a Blade-Wrath, you may elect not to make a retributive strike against an opponent who damaged you with a melee attack. You instead gain a bonus to damage rolls against that opponent equal to one-third (minimum 1) of the damage the offending attack attack dealt. This bonus damage lasts until the end of your next turn. This damage does not stack with itself.

Howling Iron Banshee: You gain Brutal Throw (CA) and Power Throw (CA) as bonus feats. While in a Blade-Wrath, you may hurl your weapon with such force that it scythes through multiple enemies. As a standard action, make one attack roll and compare it the Armor Classes of all enemies in a (30 ft + 10 ft per 4 class levels) line. Make one damage roll and apply it to all enemies hit. At the end of the Bellator’s attack his weapon either embeds itself in the ground (or a corpse) or returns to his hand. This decision is made by the Bellator after the attack has been resolved.

Quarter the Size, Quadruple the Boldness: While in a Blood-Wrath, all attacks you make as part of a full attack are made at your full Base Attack Bonus.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Hey, I think I have an idea for a Mythos Class, but I'm not entirely sure where to start or what it needs to have. I know there's an index of extent classes, but I think it's a bit out of date and this thread is already on it's 40th page, so I can't exactly go through the whole thing and figure out what best practices have been worked out. Are there any tips or requirements for designing a good mythos class?
    The Focus Sniper: Boom. Head-shot.
    Spoiler: Older, and somewhat abandoned, classes
    Show
    The Chaote: a free form mage.
    My [wip] Magic fix: everyone has one, but how many encourage multi-classing?

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    Are there any tips or requirements for designing a good mythos class?
    Try to come up with novel mechanics, avoiding things like "this functions as the spell [...]". Also, come up with a story before you start with the mechanics; the former informs the latter, and makes everything easier. What is your idea anyway?

And here's an updated version of the fluff for 'A Kiss Too Deep For Love.' Tell me what you think.

Some of the converts are confused by our faith; they wonder how we can kneel before one who desires no less than the eternal suffering of all that is. How can such a hateful being be worthy of worship? These foolish children do not yet realize that She hurts us not because She hates us, but because She loves us more than we could possibly comprehend. One day, they will be touched by Her transcendent love, and be made to see as the rest of us do; once they understand, they will gladly lay down their lives to ensure Her everlasting glory.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-07-03 at 11:32 PM.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1196

The idea was spawned by the word Hexmeister and from their it's evolved into a Megus of Old. Unfortunately, I came up with the core mechanics before everything else.

The story will probably be about using knowledge to manipulate the world and materialize mysteries, but how people confuse modern knowledge (spells) with real power and the fact that most forget what they've learned as a result of using it is just proof that they have know idea what they're doing. "After all, you don't forget the Pythagorean theorem after solving for the sides of a triangle and you don't get too tired to make gravity work."

The core mechanics center around the "real" definitions of Hex, Jinx, Charm, and Curse.

A Hex is cast on someone to prevent or induce an action.
    A Charm changes something.
    A Curse is a promise. Nothing more nothing less.
    And a Jinx is a wild card.

The interesting thing about that is it lets you play with people expectations. For example, Curses are indiscriminate. Anyone who violates them is subject to their effect, and this includes you, but their effects can just as easily be beneficial as they can be harmful.

I was also thinking of tying each type of mystery to an action, so all Hexes are move actions, Charms are standard actions, Jinxes are swift actions, and Curses take a full round to change but are continuously active. I was also thinking of making it so you can only have one of each active at a time (baring an excellency and an always active defensive curse).

Finally, I was thinking of creating a pool of points that refreshes each round and can be split among the your abilities to empower them. Sort of as a way to change your footing (that is, how defensive or offensive you're being).

Some of the converts are confused by our faith; they wonder how we can kneel before one who desires no less than the eternal suffering of all that is. How can such a hateful being be worthy of worship? These foolish children do not yet realize that She hurts us not because She hates us, but because She loves us more than we could possibly comprehend. One day, they will be touched by Her transcendent love, and be made to see as the rest of us do; once they understand, they will gladly lay down their lives to ensure Her everlasting glory.
    That's really well written, though I know nothing of the class it's connected to beyond that it relates to torture. It does remind me of some of the conversations I've had regarding real religions.
    The Focus Sniper: Boom. Head-shot.
    Spoiler: Older, and somewhat abandoned, classes
    Show
    The Chaote: a free form mage.
    My [wip] Magic fix: everyone has one, but how many encourage multi-classing?

27. - Top - End - #1197

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    The idea was spawned by the word Hexmeister and from their it's evolved into a Megus of Old. Unfortunately, I came up with the core mechanics before everything else.

*snip*
    Interesting. I look forward to seeing that put to paper (so to speak).

That's really well written, though I know nothing of the class it's connected to beyond that it relates to torture. It does remind me of some of the conversations I've had regarding real religions.
    Thanks, that precisely what I was going for. By the time I'm finished, I want to have a complete cult with all the trimmings: holy scripture, sermons, tenets, prophets and prophecies, the whole shebang. I've always wanted to create my own religion.

OH! And I've finally worked out what I want the Eklekti's unarmed combat style to look like. I couldn't do this with the Malefica because it's not entirely appropriate, but it makes more sense here. Think... Luffy's stretching limbs crossed with Joseph Joestar's Zoom Punch, only with more body horror. So basically Lord Raptor.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-07-04 at 08:56 AM.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1198

Oooh... that's a nice Mythos Kymme, Frothing-Bladesman Riposte can be very deadly with a TWFing build... wonder how it works with Gambit.

Also, I am proud to pronounce my fully named Bellator Mythos

Spoiler: Seeking the Lifeblood
    Show
    [Fantastic]
    Prerequisite: Thousand-Armed Weaponmaster Intuition exceptional mythos, Knowledge Devotion.

As the Bellator’s knowledge of fighting and creatures improve, they begin to see way’s of injuring their enemies in much strong, more significant ways, as well as finding ways past their defences. When facing an enemy, a Bellator can make a spot-check against the enemies AC as a free action. If they pass, they get a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to 1/3 of their level. In addition, if the enemy is normally immune to critical hits, you can bypass that immunity. For each 5 points above the enemy's AC, increase the bonus to attack, damage by one.

Basic:

Hunger for the Blood: The Bellator specializes in powerful, devastating wounds. Whenever you succeed with the spot check, double your critical range, and increase your critical modifier by 1. For every 10 points above the enemy's AC, increase your critical range and modifier by 1

Hounding the Lifeblood: Whenever you successfully succeed with the spot check, you may ignore abilities that stop you from denying the enemy their AC. For every 5 points above the enemies AC, you may reduce their AC by 2 when you attack them.

Focusing down the enemy: You may instead make a spot-check as a move action, instead of a free action. If successful, choose and apply one of the following effects: All of your attacks target the enemies touch AC, or, whenever you successfully damage an enemy, they take 1 point of Dex or Strength damage.

Advanced:
    Lifeblood Master Hunter: Chose a second basic manifestation

Group Hunting: After succeeding with the spot check, you can share this bonus to your allies for the rest of the encounter as a swift action.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quality-Muting Prowess
    Prerequisite: -

Every strike is a learning experience, an ordeal through which the bellator becomes better and more skilled. By applying force to different parts of a weapon, swinging it differently, or simply hitting a target very hard, the bellator finds new uses for his favorite tools.

Any weapon you wield is capable of dealing any combination of piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning damage at a whim. Switching the type of damage a weapon deals is a free action.

At 7th level, you can trip and disarm with any weapon you wield, and all weapons you wield are treated as two-handed for the purposes of sundering.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2014-07-09 at 02:09 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

30. - Top - End - #1200

I... don't know what to think of it.