New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. III: Cut off one thread, two more shall take its place

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Actually a good sum up. I personally look forward to learn more about his past, and notably his parents. Ward has turned out to be a very interesting character, in the not-likeable sense.

As an quite related note, i was rewatching some of the last episode of last season, and i wonder how Ward has been able to through all SHIELD's psych evaluations without switching a red light? And how Garrett has been able to hide the bionic implants with embedded Centipede from SHIELD's medical?
    Ward is a violence-loving sociopath who is willing to do anything the mission requires, and will follow Orders without question or concern.

Even without Hydra infiltrators giving him the green stamp, he's A+ Agent material. A dedicated, highly competent soldier who will do whatever is asked of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. III: Cut off one thread, two more shall take its place

Actually a good sum up. I personally look forward to learn more about his past, and notably his parents. Ward has turned out to be a very interesting character, in the not-likeable sense.

As an quite related note, i was rewatching some of the last episode of last season, and i wonder how Ward has been able to through all SHIELD's psych evaluations without switching a red light? And how Garrett has been able to hide the bionic implants with embedded Centipede from SHIELD's medical?
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that all of Ward's and Garrett's doctors had a habit of whispering "Hail HYDRA" in their ears.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that all of Ward's and Garrett's doctors had a habit of whispering "Hail HYDRA" in their ears.
    Probably.
    Do we actually know what percentage of SHIELD were actually HYDRA?
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

You know speaking of Ward's past...I think it's safe to say that yes, he shot the dog.

Probably.
    I'd put it at maybe a 50/50 split.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

From what we've seen, Hydra has an extremely tight hold in SHIELD, I think they outnumbered the actual, "good" SHIELD guys by a fair margin, considering almost every encounter between each faction has painted SHIELD at a notable if not huge dissadvantage.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You know speaking of Ward's past...I think it's safe to say that yes, he shot the dog.
    And now we've come full circle.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #37

Why can't there be Hydra medical personnel? Even bad guys need a dental plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Hydra doesn't do dental, though. You go to AIM for that.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    And now we've come full circle.
    I remember reading that the writers for the show said that even a month after that episode aired people where STILL debating if he did it or not. We're likely not going to get an EXACT answer, but judging from all that we know about him (he stabbed his brother with a screw driver once, he pushed that same brother into a well because his older brother just...ASKED him to.) I think it's safe to say he killed the dog.

We also have a reason for WHY he was so attached to that dog. It's an animal that is 100% loyal, doing everything it's told. Ward is the dog.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember reading that the writers for the show said that even a month after that episode aired people where STILL debating if he did it or not. We're likely not going to get an EXACT answer, but judging from all that we know about him (he stabbed his brother with a screw driver once, he pushed that same brother into a well because his older brother just...ASKED him to.) I think it's safe to say he killed the dog.

We also have a reason for WHY he was so attached to that dog. It's an animal that is 100% loyal, doing everything it's told. Ward is the dog.
    Weird, i always was under the impression he did not shoot the dog. And that it was the last time he actually made a decision on his own.

Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

I remember the older brother saying something to young Ward that basically he'd throw him into the well if he disobeyed him... Although, I think that was when Ward was debating whether to pull Thomas back up, not how Thomas got into that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    From what we've seen, Hydra has an extremely tight hold in SHIELD, I think they outnumbered the actual, "good" SHIELD guys by a fair margin, considering almost every encounter between each faction has painted SHIELD at a notable if not huge dissadvantage.
    Well, all the Hydra members are basically true believers as far as I can tell. The SHIELD members seemed not to be, so when SHIELD dissolved, there were probably more Hydra agents willing to keep fighting than SHIELD agents.
    Last edited by Joran; 2014-11-25 at 01:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Spamalot in the Playground

Weird, i always was under the impression he did not shoot the dog. And that it was the last time he actually made a decision on his own.
    I was thinking maybe he did shoot the dog, and the memory of it was why he dumped FitzSimmons into the sea instead of shooting them. Sorta like getting a second chance to make his own decision.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Probably.
    I got the impression that, within SHIELD, most agents were not HYDRA. It was less HYDRA's numbers, and more their positioning. HYDRA was disproportionately represented at the Triskelleton, especially among the strike teams and Insight crews, AKA the people with ready access to guns when Cap's message went out.

HYDRA also had the advantage in that they knew who each other were. SHIELD agents didn't know who to trust, HYDRA did. Upon learning about the infiltration, most SHIELD agents turned their back on the agency, while the Hydra agents rejoined the fold.
    Last edited by BRC; 2014-11-25 at 10:10 AM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #44

And thus begins the first Tuesday without AOS. Sigh, it's gonna be a looong Tuesday. When does Peggy Carter start up?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Upon learning about the infiltration, most SHIELD agents turned their back on the agency, while the Hydra agents rejoined the fold.
    An undisclosed number willingly surrendered to government militaries to prove their innocence or clear the air. Those folks will probably get stuck in red-tape/hearings/inquiries/trials/etc. for quite some time.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

And thus begins the first Tuesday without AOS. Sigh, it's gonna be a looong Tuesday. When does Peggy Carter start up?
    January 6. Still two more SHIELD episodes to go before the end of the year, though.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    An undisclosed number willingly surrendered to government militaries to prove their innocence or clear the air. Those folks will probably get stuck in red-tape/hearings/inquiries/trials/etc. for quite some time.
    Didn't Maria Hill mention she (while hiding behind Tony Stark's lawyers) was feeding the government useless intel in exchange for widespread amnesty? She wanted Phil's team to join in, but he refused, rather dramatically. After he used some rather useful tech to freeze to freeze General Hothead and everyone in the room except for him and Maria (what happened to that?), he explained the situation, and she said she would provide cover for his escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I got the impression that, within SHIELD, most agents were not HYDRA. It was less HYDRA's numbers, and more their positioning. HYDRA was disproportionately represented at the Triskelleton, especially among the strike teams and Insight crews, AKA the people with ready access to guns when Cap's message went out.

HYDRA also had the advantage in that they knew who each other were. SHIELD agents didn't know who to trust, HYDRA did. Upon learning about the infiltration, most SHIELD agents turned their back on the agency, while the Hydra agents rejoined the fold.
    I remember that, in Winter Soldier, most of the tech teams were SHIELD while a lot of the soldier were Hydra.

Why no SHIELD today?

As a related question, at what time AoS usually air?

19. - Top - End - #49

I remember that, in Winter Soldier, most of the tech teams were SHIELD while a lot of the soldier were Hydra.

Why no SHIELD today?

As a related question, at what time AoS usually air?
    Because the next episode airs December 4th I think. It usually airs at around 7 my time, which I think is the standard 8pm on Tuesday on ABC, and then 11 on other channels, 10 on my time. My time is UTC-7 by the way, so Mountain Time.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Its Thanksgiving week. Most shows are off this week because they expect that people will be too busy to watch television.
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Because the next episode airs December 4th I think. It usually airs at around 7 my time, which I think is the standard 8pm on Tuesday on ABC, and then 11 on other channels, 10 on my time. My time is UTC-7 by the way, so Mountain Time.
    OK, that 23 o'clock for me. Just so to know when to stop reading this thread.

Its Thanksgiving week. Most shows are off this week because they expect that people will be too busy to watch television.
    Oh, Ok.
    ut isn't thankgiving on a sunday?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OK, that 23 o'clock for me. Just so to know when to stop reading this thread.

Oh, Ok.
    ut isn't thankgiving on a sunday?
    Nope.
    American Thanksgiving is always the last thursday in november.

People often travel to go see family, so routines (including TV watching routines) are disrupted for the entire week. As a result, a lot of shows don't want to waste a new episode on a week when lots of people may be too busy to see it.
    Last edited by BRC; 2014-11-25 at 05:49 PM.
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope.

People often travel to go see family, so routines (including TV watching routines) are disrupted for the entire week. As a result, a lot of shows don't want to waste a new episode on a week when lots of people may be too busy to see it.
    And let me guess, you're supposed to be at work on Friday?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And let me guess, you're supposed to be at work on Friday?
    It depends. Only Thursday is officially a holiday, but lots of people take Friday off.
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Varies by employer. Where I work (a 24/7/365 tech center), it's one of a series of days we can choose to take as a "floating" holiday. I put that in quotes because most of the days on the list are religious holidays, and it's a cheap way for the company to say they accommodate religion without favoring it. Black Friday and MLK day are the two 'secular' holidays on the list.

And... for Pity's sake, we're debating the dog again?
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2014-11-25 at 09:14 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Not quite. It's the fourth Thursday in November - when the month starts on Wednesday or Thursday, there is a Thursday left in November by the time Americans are done stuffing themselves with turkey meat.

(Yes, I learnt this years ago for the same reason Petrocorus just did: to anticipate American show timetables.)

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    And... for Pity's sake, we're debating the dog again?
    Not really debating. Just merely stating we have different interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    (Yes, I learnt this years ago for the same reason Petrocorus just did: to anticipate American show timetables.)
    Sometimes i frighten myself with the number of things i know about USA just because of TV shows. Or because of this forum, 9Gag or TVTropes.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes i frighten myself with the number of things i know about USA just because of TV shows. Or because of this forum, 9Gag or TVTropes.
    Agreed. Like I explain to my (surprisingly diverse*) coworkers, the USA top export is not iPads, too-large cars or cheap hamburgers, it is culture. I know far more about US school system, driving habits, moral stances, politics, etc. than I do of any other country save my own. I used to know more about Britain (alum of the British school system that I am), but even that has finally bowed to the inevitable.

Grey Wolf

*We have representatives of all-but-one inhabited continents (missing Oceania), which is quite the feat for a sub-50 employee business. It makes for very interesting lunch conversations on relative cultural practices.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I know far more about US school system, driving habits, moral stances, politics, etc. than I do of any other country save my own. I used to know more about Britain (alum of the British school system that I am), but even that has finally bowed to the inevitable.

Grey Wolf
    On the behalf of my country, sorry about that.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Agreed. Like I explain to my (surprisingly diverse*) coworkers, the USA top export is not iPads, too-large cars or cheap hamburgers, it is culture. I know far more about US school system, driving habits, moral stances, politics, etc. than I do of any other country save my own. I used to know more about Britain (alum of the British school system that I am), but even that has finally bowed to the inevitable.
    Totally agreed.
    For instance, I know the US navy rank better than the French navy ranks thanks to Star Trek and JAG.

*We have representatives of all-but-one inhabited continents (missing Oceania), which is quite the feat for a sub-50 employee business. It makes for very interesting lunch conversations on relative cultural practices.
    What country do you live in?