New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Huh. So, I've been perusing Ponibooru off and on to see if there's anything I like in there, and noticed there's a surprising amount of BlazBlue-MLP crossover art in there. Surprising in that I wouldn't have expected there to be any, or more than one or two if there were any, since BlazBlue is such a niche game in a niche genre that I didn't figure there was likely to be much overlap between the fandoms. Still, it surprised and amused me, so why not share?

Spoiler
    Show

This was the first one I ran across - a ponified character select screen. Quick list of who's who:

Applejack = Ragna the Bloodege
    Rainbow Dash = Jin Kisaragi
    Fluttershy = Noel Vermillion
    Rarity = Rachel Alucard
    Pinkie Pie = Taokaka
    Trixie = Carl Clover
    Mayor = Litchi Fae-Ling
    Zecora = Arakune
    Big Macintosh = Iron Tager
    Scootaloo = Bang Shishigami
    Luna = Lambda-11 (and, by extension, Nightmare Moon = Nu-13)
    Royal Guard = Haku-men
    Celestia = Hazama (WTF? )
    Twilight = Tsubaki Yayoi
    Angryshy = Mu-12
    Applebloom = Makoto Nanaya
    Spike = Valkenhayn R. Helsing
    Sweetie Bell = Platinum the Trinity

A lot of them surprisingly work well in some way or another, but others, not so much (especially Celestia, what the heck is with equating her with a character that is more or less what you get when you mix Michael Jackson and the Joker and make him super-powerful?). They were plainly running out of ideas when they got to the DLC characters (Applebloom/Spike/Sweetie Bell), for instance, as none of them really work (well, I guess you could argue that Spike being Twilight's assistant is kind of like Valkenhayn being a butler, but that's about it).

Well, that's just too goofy not to smile at . Actually, Twilight the Bloodedge there amuses me almost as much as Derpy trying to be Haku-men. There's a good reason the character select screen up there doesn't put Twilight in Ragna's spot even though they're their respective series' main characters, after all.

...all that I can think of looking at this one is "so what exactly would Pinkie-Tao call Rarity-Litchi?"

Explanation for non-players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the games Taokaka, the character Pinkie is dressed as, always refers to everyone else by a silly nickname. Her name for Litchi, the character Rarity is dressed as, is "booby lady." For obvious reasons. For equally obvious reasons, that doesn't work for ponies.

And that's just cute. Almost makes me forget how creepy Platinum is in the game.

A few pallet-swap character sprites I liked:

So, that's Derpy-color Platinum, Rarity-color Rachel, Fluttershy-color Noel, and Rainbow-color Makoto. (Yeah, Rachel is supposed to be Sweety Bell according to the tags, but Rarity would be basically the same color scheme, and fits better.) Makoto is actually probably a better equivalent for Rainbow Dash than Jin from the above character select screen, but I still prefer Rainbow-Jin. Admittedly, mostly because Jin is my main in BlazBlue and Rainbow's my favorite Pony, but still . Derpy is definitely a better Platinum-equivalent than Sweetie Bell though. I mean, Platinum even blows magic bubbles as one of her attacks!

Only thing I don't like about any of these recolors is trying to recolor Makoto's weapons in rainbow. That just doesn't work well in my opinion. Otherwise, I'd totally use them in-game if I could.

Oh, and while I'm at it, one non-BlazBlue image I particularly liked:
    Spoiler
    Show

Best. Human. Rainbow Dash. Ever.

If all of these have been passed around a million times now I apologize. Relative newbie here, ya know?

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-08-14 at 12:30 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't get the joke. Help?
    Twilight, being the lovable innocent nerd that she is, seemed to have taken that word to be some corruption of the word tribal, and dressed for the occasion. Rainbow Dash obviously had other plans.

What? I did say that I laughed much more than I should have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The image was broken. Sorry.Here it is.

Warning: if you know the non-pony character in that pic, you will pity poor,poor twilight. The color scheam is uncanny, however.
    Stocking isn't too bad. It's the other one that's more trouble than she's worth. (this is, of course, ignoring episode 26, but I refuse to accept that ending as canon! On that note...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Just like how Simon rescued Nia, they got married and lived happily ever after and have a son named Kamina.
    Gurren Lagann's ending was not that bad! But, seeing as I'm doing the exact same thing for another Gainax series, I guess I can sympathize.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I vote next time Phoe has a podcast, someone sends her a picture of a tiny, adorable pony so we can have her Squee recorded.
    Yes. This must be done!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    -snip-
    Just wanted to mention that your avatar is obscenely cute. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hey folks, dinner time. Can't chat. Have a podcast. I talk about a lot of stuff, and you can hear me, but apparently a lot of ponies still don't like the quality. I think my voice just sucks.
    I want to listen, but It'll have to wait for now.

And that's because I'm not really in the mood because of:

Quote Originally Posted by Entire thread
    Drama
    I simply feel terrible that something that I have said might have hurt somepony else, and doubly so because I'd like to think of you all as friends. Since I'd probably just make myself look stupid by saying any more (and I very likely already have ), I'll just throw in something that is hopefully silly enough to lighten the mood:

Gosh it disturbs me to see you Ponythread,
    Looking so worn out and sad.
    Ev'ry thread here'd love to be you, Ponythread
    Even though we all are quite mad.
    There's no Media thread as admired as you
    You're everyone's favorite place.
    Pony RPs are inspired by you,
    and sometimes it's hard to keep pace

No thread's quick as Ponythread
    No thread's slick as Ponythread
    No thread's posts quite as eccentric as Ponythread
    For there's no thread in town half as friendly
    Perfect, a pure paragon!
    You can ask threads for music or anime
    And they'll tell you whose thread they'd prefer to post on

No thread ships like Ponythread
    or's as hip as Ponythread
    No thread's got a swell bunch of cults like Ponythread

Can Ponythread go back to being silly now? Also, I'll need help to finish it.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

3. - Top - End - #933
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Eeyup.

That fic has been around since... May I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Yep. TBH I'm still not a big fan of 'Luna was possesed'. Similarly, I feel that just pairing off the mane cast to enemies 1:1 doesn't really make me more excited to read a fic of this nature.

I'd suggest an OC or tabula rasa background character for the villain, and maybe dropping the five elements of Discord to three. This makes the villains more competent, opens up quite a few character arcs that were closed off to the Big Bad, and overall makes it less cliche than if Nightmare Moon was the villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Naw, there called the elements of chaos, but the same basic rules apply.
    Ah, well that sucks. I figured it was already done, as is with much of my conceptualizing. Greed would be a better term for it, yes. Thanks for the suggestions, Dromer. :)
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Gurren Lagann's ending was not that bad! But, seeing as I'm doing the exact same thing for another Gainax series, I guess I can sympathize.
    Eh, the ending isn't BAD exactly, just very tone dissonant from the rest of the series.

"You say it's impossible to do something, we'll do it anyways!" -> "There was no preventing this, because no one in Gainax/Giant Robot series is allowed better than a Bittersweet ending."

Plus the fact that it felt like a total plot-pull.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #935

@zevox pinkie as taokaka should call rarity as litchi "Flankie Lady"

6. - Top - End - #936
    Banned

Twilight, being the lovable innocent nerd that she is, seemed to have taken that word to be some corruption of the word tribal, and dressed for the occasion. Rainbow Dash obviously had other plans.

What? I did say that I laughed much more than I should have there.
    Ah. No, you missed my confusion. I'd never heard the term before, and looking it up, I see why you didn't explain it here in thread.

It's part of a long list of terms I Don't think need any more names. Like "cupcakeing", which, near as I can tell, is cuddling in public. Myself, I always just called that cuddling... (:/

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    @zevox pinkie as taokaka should call rarity as litchi "Flankie Lady"
    Eh, probably the closest you'll get for ponies I guess. And it does go with that image.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #938

Image dump.
    EPIC CUTE EDITION!

Spoiler
    Show

PT2!!
    Spoiler
    Show

PT3!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Left for Dead ponies....
    Spoiler
    Show

For the Lulz ponies!!!!!11
    Spoiler
    Show

And that deletes my image stores for now. UNTIL NEXT TIME!
    Last edited by Rebelhero; 2011-08-14 at 01:13 AM.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Poster gets head done of new OC pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    What a scoop!
    I tried to put in the typewriter cutie mark, but it ended up a K.I.S.,S violation. The all brown color scheme didn't work, but I kept the 'trench coat brown' outline to distinguish her from a certain farming clan.

So, here we go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome! Though what does the writing on her cutie mark say....?

Well I think I was always operating on the principle of 'yah, she'd get along well with Pinkie'.

edit- two easter eggs
    the paper says 'if you can read this, you're trying too hard' and the '9 3/4' is a mad hatter reference.
    Oh! Ok.

Got to say, Wadda Scoops is looking great!

Gaston! One of my many weaknesses! I remember back in '08 some friends and I were coming back from vacation from Indianapolis, and we spent about 3 hours of the 8-10 hour drive trying to remember the lyrics to that song as none of us had heard it for years. That is what that song does to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Hmm I'm taking a stand in this. I think the whole Trixie/Thread Making talk is off topic (Ponies!!) so I'm putting it in a spoiler box.

Spoiler
    Show

I have also never done anything to her in a malicious manner. I've been "point-of-fact" and downright straightforward, but never mean.

You guys wanna have a big long conversation about how much of a bad pony I am or how much we hurt somepony's feelings, be my guest.
    Don't know exactly where that is directed, but sorry if any of that was from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Well... I can say that ive noticed a large drop in quality of this thread since it was made.
    And while my practical side wants to laugh at anyone who is hurt of upset at something that happens on an internet thread, my sensitive side grieves for their disappearance.
    The great thing about this thread is that its greater then the sum of its parts. its EVERYONE in this thread that makes it what it is. we each have our in making this great, and a missunderstanding has lead to the loss of a few of our key players.

We are human, not pony. we can make mistakes. its possible. Shocker i know. i have NEVER seen anything done out of malice on this Thread. and when someone was hurt we were always quick to remove the hurtful things and apologize.
    Quoted for truth.

Simple.

Someone contact Trixie and get a direct "I am/am not coming back". Then, we either prepare for her return, or begin prep for somepony else to take up the starry mantle.
    Sounds like a good idea. If you guys want, I (or someone who knows her like, at all) can try to pm her real quick.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

10. - Top - End - #940

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Don't know exactly where that is directed, but sorry if any of that was from me.
    Off topic response:

Spoiler
    Show
    It was directed at those of the thread ponies who think I made this thread on purpose, as a way to oust Trixie or hurt her in some way (most of them seem to be those closer to Trixie). I don't remember you saying anything of the sort so, no need to apologize :)
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Ok, just finished reading Semper Fidelis.

Spoiler
    Show
    I definitely enjoyed it. I honestly haven't read many adventure type stories like this before but I really liked this. I had already read the first chapter when you posted it here but the rest I had remained mostly unspoilered to. It's funny but one the most stand-out things was Scorpan. After he went human again he was just fun to listen to, he was quite enthusiastic. As a minor point I also liked seeing Colgate toward the end because she's a background pony that I never get to see in stories.
    Thank you kindly.

Y'know, I had a feeling I'd get a response to the story like I've gotten on Equestria Daily. People seem to mostly like it, but response has been a bit mixed (a couple of people seem to not like it, but most of it was positive).

Do I think it was as good overall as Always Sunny? Apples and oranges, really (though I'm more satisfied with Always Sunny in my heart of hearts). I suppose it was a bit jarring to have the same characters and the genre shift (though, I don't THINK I implied romantic comedy in the description).

People wanted another slice of life fic, and any future installments will BE another slice of life fic, but this is the story I wanted to tell. I tried things, I learned about my creative limits (I'm not as good at action as I thought) and I still think it's a solid story.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #942
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Thank you kindly.

Y'know, I had a feeling I'd get a response to the story like I've gotten on Equestria Daily. People seem to mostly like it, but response has been a bit mixed (a couple of people seem to not like it, but most of it was positive).

Do I think it was as good overall as Always Sunny? Apples and oranges, really (though I'm more satisfied with Always Sunny in my heart of hearts). I suppose it was a bit jarring to have the same characters and the genre shift (though, I don't THINK I implied romantic comedy in the description).

People wanted another slice of life fic, and any future installments will BE another slice of life fic, but this is the story I wanted to tell. I tried things, I learned about my creative limits (I'm not as good at action as I thought) and I still think it's a solid story.
    good. Was one of those things you learned, how to finish FFF?

I am of course teasing, and don't want to pressure you.
    I do, however, want to pressure Phoe.

Phoe, how is Rainbows Coming? Well, I trust?

Also also, um... Actually no, I've got nothing else. Oh wait!

Kris Strife, yes, I set you up for the joke. I dropped the quote where I was going to play I straight again.

Also also, the Impulse Engine was Phoe-powered. It didn't require a Shimmer Snowflake, however, so much as make one from vibrations through reflecting differing potential realities.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

Part 6 is next on the docket. I had expected it to be done by now, but Semper Fi took 2 weeks longer than expected.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Just wanted to mention that your avatar is obscenely cute. That is all.
    Thanks

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Part 6 is next on the docket. I had expected it to be done by now, but Semper Fi took 2 weeks longer than expected.
    : yay!

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

we interupt this quoteblockto bring you my first Brony experience.

2 gals and a guy walk into my gas station. There is discussion which leads to "I would love to see you with a pink cooler!" at the guy. I hold up my phone and ask "what's wrong with pink?"

The gent answers with "yeah, right? Pink is the new black." (which I dislike. Black is the new black. It's also the old black. Why can my color work on it's own?) and, as they go out the door, one of the gals says "mumblemumble mumble 20% cooler"

I crack up. They stop, but not far enough in the door for me to say anything, so I respond the only way I can.

The traditional Metal Salute. \m/,

This elicits a crack-up response from them, and we go about our days.

I am stoked.

Carry on, pony thread.
    okay, that lightened up my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

17. - Top - End - #947
    Colossus in the Playground

Mind has mostly stabilised. For those who are interested in my thought processes:

Spoiler
    Show
    Bringing one of Charger's components, Ten Feather Quill, to the fore in a minor bit of thread RP lead me to go a bit too deep into character. This was a risk, especially how Quill was the first character I really RP'd as distinct from myself and the precursor to my modern thought patterns. Going into that character also brought back the memories of the tabletop she was in, and that storyline didn't go so good from her. Her life was just messed up, start to finish. And she was really bitter about it, and jealous, and angry - oh so angry - that she had to do the right thing and how it would cost her everything. The scariest part of that particular character is the nihilism; the tendency just to start smiling and laughing when things start breaking and going wrong. After spending all that effort mastering self control, seeing it rendered pointless just seems so terrible it's funny to the character.

The experience, mentally, was interesting. It was physically impossible to smile and mean it, despite attempting to do so. It was like having all your mind pointed forwards; the focus was absolute and doing things that required hard concentration, like editing and driving, became exceedingly easy and precise. There was no free thinking, no imagination. I'd describe it as like being in a walled off mind, cutting itself off from going too high or too low, with nowhere to go except inwards. The mind was sad, but was also resigned to it with that pitch-black nihilistic humour. The sadness, oddly, seemed to come more from the core rather than Quill, which she regarded with a mixture of amused contempt. In terms of colour, as SiuiS asked, I'd describe it as iron grey and dove-feather white, and any flaws covered over in thick, black paint.

In all, I'm glad I took the time to explore that emotion. I'm certain I'll be able to carry it through to some piece of writing I do in the future. Sometimes we've got to delve into the darker parts of our astral realms. Writing involves research in some really weird places.

I'm totally sane, by the way.

And thanks to everyone who wished me well.

And for the rest of you:

Eeeeeeeeee I got called out on the podcast by name! Eeeeeeeeee! I've been looking forwards to the next Derpy Day more than Christmas. Hoping S2 throws out a song as simple and catchy as Evil Enchantress for it too.

EDIT:
    And really, I've listened to about 13 different groups of people whom I am otherwise Scootaloo for do podcasts and I find them mind-numbingly boring throughout. This podcast is not only listenable but it's really interesting. You've managed a sell on someone who legitimately hated the medium for what it did to his heroes, so keep it up Phoe.

Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-14 at 07:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Ah, well that sucks. I figured it was already done, as is with much of my conceptualizing. Greed would be a better term for it, yes. Thanks for the suggestions, Dromer. :)
    It's the pilot in reverse, which I don't think is high concept enough that you'd get accused of plagiarizing unless the stories themselves were similar. There are what, five hundred different stage versions of Faust? I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Ponies.
    You make a good argument.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, making a decision.

If we ever do go ahead with a thread-wide pony meetup, I absolutely will attend, even if it means flying intercontinental. I've been trying and cannot think of a better use for my money.

Disclaimers:
    - It has to agree with my university schedule. I believe I'm free from November through Febuary, will look at specific dates later.
    - Someone absolutely has to guarantee me accommodation for one month. I'm not going intercontinental unless it's for at least one month, and I don't have the money for a month worth of hotel bills. I can provide my own food, can cook decently, am tidy, quiet and polite.
    - It has to have a decent percentage of attendees.

BAM. That's my $2,000 on the table. That's how much I love ya'll
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-14 at 08:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Firbolg in the Playground

Originally Posted by WJMill

Oh, no, go with it! There are a hundred different ways that you could write it, and I dont belive there is a true magical girl fic yet, so if you think you could do it do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Okay, making a decision.

If we ever do go ahead with a thread-wide pony meetup, I absolutely will attend, even if it means flying intercontinental. I've been trying and cannot think of a better use for my money.

Disclaimers:
    - It has to agree with my university schedule. I believe I'm free from November through Febuary, will look at specific dates later.
    - Someone absolutely has to guarantee me accommodation for one month. I'm not going intercontinental unless it's for at least one month, and I don't have the money for a month worth of hotel bills. I can provide my own food, can cook decently, am tidy, quiet and polite.

That rules me right out I'm afraid. International currency exchange rates means that I'm literally paying triple for anything outside this country. (A $4 burger would be RM12-RM20 for me, a hefty price.)

Still, if there's a meetup, I demand pictures. Because no meetup can be complete without pictures.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

So, I totally forgot about this until now... but I was taking a nap this afternoon and my mind concocted something fairly strange:

Spoilered for weirdness (no grimdark):
    Spoiler
    Show

So essentially, my mind took FiM and made it a Magical Girl show. It's probably a result of watching too much Pretty Cure recently, plus ponies.

Anyway, I came up with kind of an anti-force. (It's probably already been done, but, eh, whatever..)

The Elements of Discord:
    Honesty --> Deceit
    Loyalty --> Betrayal
    Kindness --> Cruelty
    Laughter --> Jeering
    Generosity --> Stinginess
    Magic --> Magic??

They would be an inverse color scheme, and be the main force in front of a bigger baddie, who remains unnamed. It's an interesting concept, I think, and Lauren Faust herself said she wanted MLP:FiM to take more from the pilot episodes. That makes me think she wanted the mane cast to kind of be Crusaders of Friendship. (pun only slightly intended)

I don't really know where I was going with this, but I wanted some thoughts. It might be something I write about eventually.

My brain is weird.
    An artist called Siansaar did do a comic similar to this, but it wasn't really a magical girl thing, that's a new take on it. If you wanna see it, the beginning is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic
    Oh, no, go with it! There are a hundred different ways that you could write it, and I dont belive there is a true magical girl fic yet, so if you think you could do it do it!
    Exactly. Don't be put off by similar ideas.

Anyway... I feel like Image Dumping. Let's begin. Everything labeled from now on:

Pipecleaner ponies. These things are awesome:

Spoiler
    Show

Bon Bon in the nurse outfit this time:
    Spoiler
    Show

G1 Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Some cuteness with Snails and Twilight (no it's not shipping)
    Spoiler
    Show

And finally, Derpy in a bikini. No, it's not cloppy ¬_¬.
    Warning: Absurd Res!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Just a thought.
    Spoiler
    Show
    How about Greed instead of Stinginess. Also, the opposite of magic could still be magic if you make it clear the magic is being used for evil.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic must defeat magic!
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-08-14 at 12:12 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, making a decision.

Disclaimers:

I'm afraid that I'll be unable to attend any meetup. However, I do demand pictures.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #955

I'm afraid that I'll be unable to attend any meetup. However, I do demand pictures.
    As do I. Darn post length!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

So, I totally forgot about this until now... but I was taking a nap this afternoon and my mind concocted something fairly strange:

Spoilered for weirdness (no grimdark):
    Spoiler
    Show

So essentially, my mind took FiM and made it a Magical Girl show. It's probably a result of watching too much Pretty Cure recently, plus ponies.

Anyway, I came up with kind of an anti-force. (It's probably already been done, but, eh, whatever..)

The Elements of Discord:
    Honesty --> Deceit
    Loyalty --> Betrayal
    Kindness --> Cruelty
    Laughter --> Jeering
    Generosity --> Stinginess
    Magic --> Magic??

They would be an inverse color scheme, and be the main force in front of a bigger baddie, who remains unnamed. It's an interesting concept, I think, and Lauren Faust herself said she wanted MLP:FiM to take more from the pilot episodes. That makes me think she wanted the mane cast to kind of be Crusaders of Friendship. (pun only slightly intended)

I don't really know where I was going with this, but I wanted some thoughts. It might be something I write about eventually.

My brain is weird.
    Sounds cool! Has been done before, but don't let that stop you.
    An example of a previous attempt from the depths of my ponyfolder.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also also, the Impulse Engine was Phoe-powered. It didn't require a Shimmer Snowflake, however, so much as make one from vibrations through reflecting differing potential realities.
    So... what you're saying here is...
    You can make Shimmers. Endless Shimmers.

Mind has mostly stabilised. For those who are interested in my thought processes:

Spoiler
    Show
    Bringing one of Charger's components, Ten Feather Quill, to the fore in a minor bit of thread RP lead me to go a bit too deep into character. This was a risk, especially how Quill was the first character I really RP'd as distinct from myself and the precursor to my modern thought patterns. Going into that character also brought back the memories of the tabletop she was in, and that storyline didn't go so good from her. Her life was just messed up, start to finish. And she was really bitter about it, and jealous, and angry - oh so angry - that she had to do the right thing and how it would cost her everything. The scariest part of that particular character is the nihilism; the tendency just to start smiling and laughing when things start breaking and going wrong. After spending all that effort mastering self control, seeing it rendered pointless just seems so terrible it's funny to the character.

The experience, mentally, was interesting. It was physically impossible to smile and mean it, despite attempting to do so. It was like having all your mind pointed forwards; the focus was absolute and doing things that required hard concentration, like editing and driving, became exceedingly easy and precise. There was no free thinking, no imagination. I'd describe it as like being in a walled off mind, cutting itself off from going too high or too low, with nowhere to go except inwards. The mind was sad, but was also resigned to it with that pitch-black nihilistic humour. The sadness, oddly, seemed to come more from the core rather than Quill, which she regarded with a mixture of amused contempt. In terms of colour, as SiuiS asked, I'd describe it as iron grey and dove-feather white, and any flaws covered over in thick, black paint.

In all, I'm glad I took the time to explore that emotion. I'm certain I'll be able to carry it through to some piece of writing I do in the future. Sometimes we've got to delve into the darker parts of our astral realms. Writing involves research in some really weird places.

I'm totally sane, by the way.

And thanks to everyone who wished me well.
    Uh. ._.
    That's... probably entirely my fault so.... you're welcome/I'm really really sorry?

Okay, making a decision.

Disclaimers:

I don't HAVE any money. I'll attend if it's in England, but in the far far FAR more likely alternative of America, the outlook is bleak.

ALSO!
    I dunno if this is something everyone knows, but a friend just told me she saw a Princess Luna pony in Target.
    CITATION GIVEN
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-08-14 at 10:55 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #957

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ALSO!
    I dunno if this is something everyone knows, but a friend just told me she saw a Princess Luna pony in Target.
    CITATION GIVEN
    Pink Celestia and Smooze-colored Luna?

Also, Luna seems to be trying to look behind her head, for some reason.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Pink Celestia and Smooze-colored Luna?

Also, Luna seems to be trying to look behind her head, for some reason.
    Because Hasbro has no idea what the words "Quality Control" mean?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

So judging from the response so far, the thread meet-up with involve Thanqol going somewhere alone, but he'll take lot of pictures for people.

Also the Semper Fi response continues to be mixed. Someone used the word retarded to describe the plot, not realizing what I was homaging.

Sigh.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Dwarf in the Playground

So judging from the response so far, the thread meet-up with involve Thanqol going somewhere alone, but he'll take lot of pictures for people.

Also the Semper Fi response continues to be mixed. Someone used the word retarded to describe the plot, not realizing what I was homaging.

Sigh.
    I would go to a meetup if it were somewhere close and not too expensive. (Unless I get the full time job I got interviewed for, then sure if I can get the time off.)

While fleshing out ideas for a book I've been trying to write since 2006, my boyfriend told me something useful. 'If you're happy with it, and it's the story you want to tell, and it makes sense for you, who cares what anyone else thinks?' So that's my response to someone calling the plot retarded because they totally missed the point. Who cares what some dinkus on the Internet says as long as you're happy and satisfied with the finished product?

Also, thanks for the encouragement on The Elements of Discord idea I had, guys. I appreciate it. :3
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom