New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Yoshi gives Jiro a slight look of disgust as he implies HECATE is a "domestic experiment".

"Looks can be deceiving, Jiro. She's built more for ranged combat with Hado and Bakudo than she is close combat with fist and sword.

Of course, "domestic" inventions are why you're flushing a toilet instead of squatting over a ditch, or using a shower instead of a ladle from a bucket. You're welcome, by the way; it was 12th Division that pushed the efforts that got those installed all over.

But sure, decry our Division. Think that stubborn, useless pride is more valuable than knowledge. Maybe Officer Kazuma can beat it out of you, Jiro. Which might let you realize that you must "try" with purpose. Flailing your hands against the universe does nothing, just like your insane thoughts that the Spirit King is the sort of being that you can challenge to a duel.

I agree with your assessment, HECATE-san. And yes, you're doing well in your social interaction protocols. I would still recommend some of that reading I mentioned, as well as careful observation. Experience is the best teacher, in this case.
    "

In all the excitement, no one seemed to notice the arrival of Captain Masaru, a pensive expression crossing his face. He took one look around and all but scowled. Seeing an opening in the near-constant chatter, he stepped up next to the Commander and raised his voice to speak.

"As fascinating as all of this seems to be, I had a prior arrangement with Kazuma-san. I would request that he beat you senseless another time, Officer. At this moment, I would request that everyone who is not myself, the Commander-General, or Kazuma-san leave these grounds. This meeting is not one for the general public. And I will know if you try to eavesdrop."

His piercing gaze gave an unspoken promise of what might happen if such a nosy person were caught.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, but I want to move forward with this particular scene.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

The captains words break him out of his stance as he says, "Umm okay, I guess I can battle him later." He then turns to Yoshi as he says, "And take a chill pill would you, I only asked because I didn't know what she was. After all I'm not in the 12 division so I don't know what you guys do there. You've got your ways of doing things and I got mine. Anyways I'll just find somewhere else to train then." He puts his shirt back on and re-wraps his coat as he wraps Tachi-chan back around his shoulder. He turns to leave to take a walk about the Soul Society as both he and Tachi-chan (The hypocrite!) both silently fume about the loss of a good fight. He then stops as he says, "Actually could I try my hand against HECATE? Just a sparring match to see what she's capable of? Not here of course, but an area of your choosing?" Jiro says this with a certain level of calmness. He doesn't react to Yoshi very much from his coldly delivered statements. They were the same thing he heard everyday and everywhere he went. He sometimes stopped believing in himself due to these statements. Jiro the fool, Jiro the insane, but Tachi-chan. She believed that he could do it. She believed in him when no one did. Maybe he was insane, but when you reach for the stars you even if you come up short you still reach the sky.

(What do you think guys, to cheesy? sorry if it feels like I'm over selling it. Also, sorry if I am making him too annoying.)
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-12 at 07:43 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

"You realize my question was rhethorical, don't you?" Kazuma finally speaks up.

"If you send yourself willingly to 4th Division, you're a moron because injuring yourself in the course of training in that fashion should be avoided, if nothing else since it delays the results of your training. And if you agree you're a moron, then you won't rise above that.

I can understand your spirit, but unfortunately, your energy is horribly misdirected. You have a long way to go before you begin to understand that. Strength alone without intelligence will only get you so far."

With that, Kazuma turned towards Masaru and bowed slightly as he made his statement.

"I will be glad to publically humiliate you in a time and place of your choosing later, but for now, as Masaru-taichou said, I have a prior engagement."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Orimoto snicked as she heard the HECATE's comment about Jiro. "I personally think that comment was better social protocol." She says with a grin. She still didn't like the robot thing, but at the very least it was amusing. She glanced back at her Captain, the Commander General and deciding to try and look good in front of him she casually asked, "Would you like a record kept of the battle, sir?"

Normally she hated paperwork, recording, and monitoring, but her reasons for the offer were three-fold. One, it would look good in front of the captain. Two, it would make it look like she hadn't been slacking after all. Three, it would be hilarious to send copies to all of 11th division when Jiro lost.

Spoiler
    Show
    @strawberryman: On a side note, you quoted my post, but didn't reply to it last page about asking if you needed her for anything. Unless I somehow missed it. It IS 5:30am here...but I read it a couple times so I don't think so?
    ((He did, sort of, with 'everything is all right'. ))

Ryouichi keeps quiet in face of the reckless challenge, however he turns to Orimoto and smiles, just as Masaru turns up. Patting her on the head, he manages another light chuckle. "Perhaps another time. As said, Amagatsu-san and Masaru-taichou have a prior obligation."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayashi Goro looks up sharply at the 8th Division Captain's words.

"...Very well, Masaru-taicho. I have another meeting that I need to attend, in any event. Kazuma-san, the time is 0400 tomorrow, at the 10th Division headquarters."

With that, he turns and stalks away.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Orc in the Playground

"Understood, Goro-san."

Spoiler
    Show
    Psst, Sucrose. 0400 is 4 AM. Unless his squad patrols when even the drunkards are going to sleep, I think you meant 1600. ^_~
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Though he doesn't show it the words do ring in his ears as he hears them over and over again. It wasn't the fact that he called him a moron but the way he said it. It wasn't malicious or even teasing, he was just stating a fact. However he also gave him advice. Jiro could tell that even though he didn't say it directly he did want him to be better. For himself of the sake of others he could not tell, but for now it was enough. At least he generally cared somewhat, rather than just tolerating him. Then he had to go and rub it in his face that he as about to fight a Captain. Oh what he wouldn't give to waste that bastards smug ass he thought as his eyebrow developed a slight twitch. He then smiles as he says, "Heh, maybe so. Well then I just have to get better and smarter don't I. Even if you are stronger than me now, I will surpass you and others. So go and have your fight with a taichou. But remember that I'll be waiting in the wings. Ya got that pal?" Tachi-chan just smiles as she feels how Jiro really feels. "You couldn't have just told the man thank you Jiro? And your right we will get stronger, together. However you are going to have to slowdown on the suicidal challenges and training regimens. If you use the one I made we could get more done. And don't you start about how you don't like meditation, I think it would do you some good. As a matter of fact.." She goes on like this for a while until Jiro finally tunes her out.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-12 at 09:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "Shall we go?" Taiki's expression fills with love. If Natsuko is observant, she'll notice his sword appear at his side. "I've tried to show you all my secrets."
    Natsuko nods, and smiles back at him. "All right. Let's go home."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hearing the arrival of the other Captain she listens to his words. She nods, "Yes sir." She says before turning and bowing to her own Captain, the Commander-General. "It was good seeing you, sir." She said with a bow as she walked away from the training grounds. She glanced back over her shoulder wondering what the meeting was about, but knowing better than to try and listen in on two Captains. She let out a sigh as she walked away her mind racing and trying to figure it out. One of the perks of first division was she was sometimes allowed in meetings to record them, but this one clearly wasn't one of those.

As she left the training grounds she tried to consider what to do. She was tired, but the last thing she wanted to do was go to sleep. She knew it weakened her, but always tried to stay up as long as possible. Maybe she'd ask the twelfth guy if they had some kinda energy thing to help her stay awake longer.

Quickly she glanced around for Yoshi and ran over to him. "Hey ummmm not sure if you know me, I'm Orimoto from the First Division." She said. She actually hoped he didn't know her. The last thing she wanted was for him to know why she wanted the thing she was going to request, "Ummmm I'll be honest I don't know all the details behind what you guys create but do you have something that...how to describe it?" She thinks for a second, "Something that would help somebody stay awake longer and such?"

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yoshi

Yoshi's tone with Jiro hadn't been heated at all, so the call to "take a chill pill" was somewhat unexpected.

"Ignorance is no excuse for insult, Jiro. After all, one can always always ask what we are working on in 12th. We will answer when possible, assuming a project is not classified. This isn't just about "doing things differently".

As for "seeing what she's capable of", not today. I'm not sure why she was left to wander around like this. No offense, HECATE-san, but I'd like one of us to stick with you for at least a few days as you go out and about Soul Society. But no sparring today. I'd rather not have to file a report on why a single-digit officer of 11th is so badly burned. I'm paper-worked-out.
    "

His tone was calm and detached as he spoke. He turned to the robotic girl.

"Please return to 12th Division for the moment, HECATE-san. I have a couple of short pieces of business to attend to."

First, he sends a Hell Butterfly to Goro.

Spoiler
    Show
    Officer Goro, I apologize if I stepped on any toes back there regarding the Zaraki patrol. I admit to not exactly understanding the premise of said patrol; I volunteered HECATE's services both to give her field experience in a semi-controlled situation, and to help foster cooperation between Divisions.

If there are any resources you think 12th Division can reasonably provide, please let me know.

He then turned to face Orimoto, and made a "walk with me" gesture as he exited the training ground, HECATE hopefully in tow.

"If I am parsing your request correctly, you're asking me if we have some sort of chemical or mechanical stimulant developed.

Even if we did, it would be unethical to simply give it to you. You would need to speak with 4th Division to get paperwork stating they believe you won't risk your health with such a stimulant, as well as giving the acceptable and healthy parameters for any such stimulant.

So if you want something to help you stay awake longer, talk to 4th first. Then, if they deem it acceptable, speak with 12th, and we can see what the best solution is. Good day, Orimoto-san.
    "

With that, he turned his attention forward, moving toward the not-quite-far-away 12th Division grounds.
    -------------------------------------------------

Masaru

Masaru considers Jiro's haughty words with a slight frown.

"It will take more than raw power and mindless determination to beat many opponents, Officer Jiro. It will take a tactical mind, finely honed skill, and most of all, experience. Do not think your bluster can impress everyone. We are impressed by results, not words. Keep that in mind."

Masaru lapsed into silence while he waited for everyone besides himself, Ryouichi, and Kazuma to leave. He did notice Goro's mood, and sent him a Hell Butterfly of his own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Officer Hayashi-san, I apologize if I interrupted a planning session between yourself and Officer Kazuma. However, the matters I need to speak with him will have an impact on his future scheduling, which I'm sure will be important to you as well.

Please try to stop by 8th Division at some point, and speak with one of the Unseated helping run my office. There is a small informational packet regarding my proposal for House Nakamura to be involved in Kazuma-san's efforts in Zaraki. This will include some security forces they have on retainer, as well as groups and individuals they feel are trustworthy in this situation. Let me know what you think.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto nods, "Thank you, I will do so." She said with a nod. Then she turned and headed back towards the First Division Barracks considering what to do. One on hand, the First handled quite a bit of paperwork so getting the paperwork wouldn't be too hard. Worse case she could probably get it very easily without having to resort to cheap tricks and forgery.

The problem was that she wasn't sure if she should try getting it legit or not first. If she went to the Fourth Division and for some reason they said no then the forgery would be more likely to get caught. She leaned against a wall and looked up while thinking about what to do. Trying to do it legitametly would be best, but riskier. What if they thought it wasn't healthy?

With a sigh she decided to give it a try first and headed towards the Fourth Division Headquarters. Arriving at the entrance she gave a knock.

"Hello?" She asked peeking her head in.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Masaru

Masaru considers Jiro's haughty words with a slight frown.

"It will take more than raw power and mindless determination to beat many opponents, Officer Jiro. It will take a tactical mind, finely honed skill, and most of all, experience. Do not think your bluster can impress everyone. We are impressed by results, not words. Keep that in mind."
    Jiro

These words echo throughout his head as he politely nods to Yoshi at the declination and he walks away to find another place to train. While he walks Tachi-chan speaks up, "So, that makes the 4th time this week that you have been told to beat it." she says light-halfheartedly as she tries to cheer him up. He stays silent as he keeps walking but eventually speaks up. "Hey, Tachi-chan, do you think their right? That all I am is raw power and mindless determination?. She thinks before she speaks up as she says, "Well that is certainly the way you seem, and you do act that way sometimes. There is more to you Jiro, but you have to actually show it. After all most people would never dream that you of all people could do Kido at all, let alone Hado #33. Even then, it was that 'mindless determination' of yours that allowed you to master it. When you kept showing up at the 4th division with unexplainable burns you kept at it. imagine what you could accomplish if you applied you mind a bit more. Don't get me wrong your no 12th division shinigami (insert a growl from Jiro here), but you van learn a bit more and apply your mind more." Jiro sighs as he says, "Alright I'll give you that, so lets go train! First up (shudder) meditation." Tachi-chan gasps in happiness as he is finally following her advice.

40 minutes later

Jiro is sitting cross legged under a waterfall (does the Soul Society have one?) with just his pants on as he tries to clear his mind, his eyebrows twitching the entire time. A scream then rings across the Soul Society, "THIS IS TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-12 at 09:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Takeru walks into the 11th squad barracks. He changes into fresh clothes and walks outside, breathes deeply, and sighs.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yoshi

"Ignorance is no excuse for insult, Jiro. After all, one can always always ask what we are working on in 12th. We will answer when possible, assuming a project is not classified. This isn't just about "doing things differently".

As for "seeing what she's capable of", not today. I'm not sure why she was left to wander around like this. No offense, HECATE-san, but I'd like one of us to stick with you for at least a few days as you go out and about Soul Society. But no sparring today. I'd rather not have to file a report on why a single-digit officer of 11th is so badly burned. I'm paper-worked-out.
    "

His tone was calm and detached as he spoke. He turned to the robotic girl.

"Please return to 12th Division for the moment, HECATE-san. I have a couple of short pieces of business to attend to."

First, he sends a Hell Butterfly to Goro.

Spoiler
    Show
    Officer Goro, I apologize if I stepped on any toes back there regarding the Zaraki patrol. I admit to not exactly understanding the premise of said patrol; I volunteered HECATE's services both to give her field experience in a semi-controlled situation, and to help foster cooperation between Divisions.

If there are any resources you think 12th Division can reasonably provide, please let me know.

He then turned to face Orimoto, and made a "walk with me" gesture as he exited the training ground, HECATE hopefully in tow.
    "As I was being transported to Kazuo, I awoke midway, and deemed my restraints unnecessary."

Several miles away, the two members of Twelfth who had been carrying HECATE were still staring at the melted slab of metal they had been using, confused.

"I will follow you to return to my station, as is indicated in the HECATE Protocols: "That Bloody Robot Vanished Again!""

She follows Yoshi off the training grounds.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-10-13 at 05:57 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Understood, Goro-san."

Spoiler
    Show
    Psst, Sucrose. 0400 is 4 AM. Unless his squad patrols when even the drunkards are going to sleep, I think you meant 1600. ^_~
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, no. The Zaraki Patrol does operate at all hours, and Goro feels that any commander should be prepared to do whatever he needs to ask his subordinates to do. Since he feels that constant patrols are necessary, he thus feels it necessary for Kazuma to be able to work even the graveyard shift as necessary.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto nods, "Thank you, I will do so." She said with a nod. Then she turned and headed back towards the First Division Barracks considering what to do. One on hand, the First handled quite a bit of paperwork so getting the paperwork wouldn't be too hard. Worse case she could probably get it very easily without having to resort to cheap tricks and forgery.

The problem was that she wasn't sure if she should try getting it legit or not first. If she went to the Fourth Division and for some reason they said no then the forgery would be more likely to get caught. She leaned against a wall and looked up while thinking about what to do. Trying to do it legitametly would be best, but riskier. What if they thought it wasn't healthy?

With a sigh she decided to give it a try first and headed towards the Fourth Division Headquarters. Arriving at the entrance she gave a knock.

"Hello?" She asked peeking her head in.
    Orimoto observes what literally is a hospital scene before her eyes, people milling about with trays of medicine, some are helping patients move around in crutches and the like. As for her standing at the doorway, the check-in counter staff glances up at her and resumes his paperwork, his hand ready to hand out a check-in form.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto walks over to the desk clerk and nods, "Hello there, I'm Orimoto Ranoue from First Division. I was sent over to check about some paperwork for future use." She says calmly. A little lie shouldn't be too bad, she was good at lying and most people didn't suspect her. Especially when she was in her current outfit and not in that stupid thing her Vice Captain insisted on them wearing. "Anyways, long story short First Division was considering testing some items from the Twelfth Division and they wanted me to make sure all the paperwork was able to get filed and gathered and all that." She says with a smile, "You know how it is with First Court, always with the need for paperwork." She says shaking her head.

"Anyways, we just need someone from the Fourth Division to give a medical clearance that approves that their are no medical problems with testing a supplement to aid Shinigami in going prolonged periods without sleep. Think something like a super energy drink. So who exactly would I talk to for a signature?" She ask casually in order to keep up the charade that she had actually be sent and was on official business. What people didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto walks over to the desk clerk and nods, "Hello there, I'm Orimoto Ranoue from First Division. I was sent over to check about some paperwork for future use." She says calmly. A little lie shouldn't be too bad, she was good at lying and most people didn't suspect her. Especially when she was in her current outfit and not in that stupid thing her Vice Captain insisted on them wearing. "Anyways, long story short First Division was considering testing some items from the Twelfth Division and they wanted me to make sure all the paperwork was able to get filed and gathered and all that." She says with a smile, "You know how it is with First Court, always with the need for paperwork." She says shaking her head.

"Anyways, we just need someone from the Fourth Division to give a medical clearance that approves that their are no medical problems with testing a supplement to aid Shinigami in going prolonged periods without sleep. Think something like a super energy drink. So who exactly would I talk to for a signature?" She ask casually in order to keep up the charade that she had actually be sent and was on official business. What people didn't know wouldn't hurt them.
    The clerk returns the empty check-in sheet back to its tray with a mixture of relief and anxiety and less relief given the later barrage of information. Replying in a dry monotone, the 4th division member hands in another form. "Our Vice Captain is not back yet, so you may direct your intentions to this form and the Captain will pick it up during her rounds here in about ten minutes time. Or if you prefer to wait, I could notify her and she will see you directly in her consultation room. If you want to wait, I will give you a number card and you can wait for your turn."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-10-14 at 11:55 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto glances around as if thinking, "Well, I suppose I should wait so as to get it done as soon as possible. I don't want to keep the Commander-General or Vice Captain Yammato waiting." She says with a nod. "So I'll take a number, thank you for your help." She says with a smile and a polite bow.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto glances around as if thinking, "Well, I suppose I should wait so as to get it done as soon as possible. I don't want to keep the Commander-General or Vice Captain Yammato waiting." She says with a nod. "So I'll take a number, thank you for your help." She says with a smile and a polite bow.
    It takes roughly twenty minutes before Orimoto's number is called, and only two strides before she enters the consultation room.

Within seats Captain Fujiwara Akira, but only those who recognize her know that she is even a Shinigami, as she isn't wearing her uniform nor the captain's haori.

"Take a seat, what assistance may I render to the First Division?" she smiles at the girl.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Reikiku Nakamura

Skipping along, Reikiku goes about finding Emet. Upon sighting his group from afar, Reikiku yells excitedly towards him.

"Hey, Captain!"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto gives a polite bow to the Captain. "Thank you for seeing me, ma'am." She says with a respectful bow and a smile. "The First Division was discussing having the Twelfth make some form of energy supplement of item to help Shinigami bypass the need to sleep. The practical application would be quite useful on the battlefield in the case of being prolonged in enemy territory or long battles." She explains, "However, being First Division you know how we are about paper work." She says with a light laugh, "Always have to make sure things are signed, dotted, t's crossed, etc." She says with a sigh, "Anyways, as such the Commander General and the Vice Captain were wanting to check with the Fourth Division and get some paper worked made and signed that there was no medical harm or danger in something like this. Assuming it was used responsibly and not abused that is." She adds. "So, they sent me." She says with a nod.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto gives a polite bow to the Captain. "Thank you for seeing me, ma'am." She says with a respectful bow and a smile. "The First Division was discussing having the Twelfth make some form of energy supplement of item to help Shinigami bypass the need to sleep. The practical application would be quite useful on the battlefield in the case of being prolonged in enemy territory or long battles." She explains, "However, being First Division you know how we are about paper work." She says with a light laugh, "Always have to make sure things are signed, dotted, t's crossed, etc." She says with a sigh, "Anyways, as such the Commander General and the Vice Captain were wanting to check with the Fourth Division and get some paper worked made and signed that there was no medical harm or danger in something like this. Assuming it was used responsibly and not abused that is." She adds. "So, they sent me." She says with a nod.
    Akira continues smiling patiently even though she shakes her head. "I doubt the Commander General would just want a signed disclaimer from the 4th Division regarding its safety when the energy supplement does not exist yet, let alone sent to the 4th for testing. Besides it has been medically proven that a lack of sleep, even when assisted by energy supplements, will cause the mind to break down eventually. We are used to sleep, and the limited number of hours we function from day to day can only be pushed so far. Even if such an energy supplement allows a person to really sleep less while achieving the same amount of requires rest, the extra hours of activity would only add to the strain and the body would demand a payback at a later date."

Taking a nearby teacup to take a sip, Akira continues again. "But let us just assume that I believe you, have you brought the necessary paperwork which you admitted the 1st Division seems notorious for?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto pauses for a moment quickly thinking. "The paperwork was meant to be written out by me once we reached an agreement on all details, due to the nature of what needed to be contained in it." She quicky explains what she meant, "I had just spoken with Yoshi from 12th Division and he stated they would need paperwork stating any people testing the supplement wouldn't be at a health risk and also get the acceptable and healthy parameters for such a supplement before they began working on it. As such the paperwork couldn't be established until we knew what those parameters would be. As First Division myself, I am capable of writing out forms and waivers." She stated. At least that much was the truth she thought. Hopefully she could still get this working. As she tried to think of what else to add she started thinking about how dumb an idea this had been. She hadn't been expecting to talk with a Captain, perhaps bailing out would be a good idea before it got worse. "So that was the main reason for the need for paperwork. First also needs copies due to keeping track of that." She states, "However, if you already have medical test saying it isn't healthy, than we really wouldn't be able to get such a thing since that is what the paperwork was for." She says with a nod, "So I guess that would be all that was needed". She gives another polite bow, "I thank you for your time though." She says with a smile. "Since I have the answer to return to Commander General and Vice Captain Yammato, may I be dismissed?"

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto pauses for a moment quickly thinking. "The paperwork was meant to be written out by me once we reached an agreement on all details, due to the nature of what needed to be contained in it." She quicky explains what she meant, "I had just spoken with Yoshi from 12th Division and he stated they would need paperwork stating any people testing the supplement wouldn't be at a health risk and also get the acceptable and healthy parameters for such a supplement before they began working on it. As such the paperwork couldn't be established until we knew what those parameters would be. As First Division myself, I am capable of writing out forms and waivers." She stated. At least that much was the truth she thought. Hopefully she could still get this working. As she tried to think of what else to add she started thinking about how dumb an idea this had been. She hadn't been expecting to talk with a Captain, perhaps bailing out would be a good idea before it got worse. "So that was the main reason for the need for paperwork. First also needs copies due to keeping track of that." She states, "However, if you already have medical test saying it isn't healthy, than we really wouldn't be able to get such a thing since that is what the paperwork was for." She says with a nod, "So I guess that would be all that was needed". She gives another polite bow, "I thank you for your time though." She says with a smile. "Since I have the answer to return to Commander General and Vice Captain Yammato, may I be dismissed?"
    Akira intently observes Orimoto's facial expressions as she tries to extract herself from this situation. And as far as things are concerned, it does seem apparent to Akira that this isn't a real 1st Division assignment. Perhaps Akira could take a risk and fire a long shot.

"Sure, you are dismissed. But do come back if you feel that you're having sleep problems, or anyone you know."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto nods and gets up and heads to the door. She hesitates for a moment. Did this Captain already know? Captains were smart and knew a lot of things. Had people from her division been telling other divisions about her problem so that even the Fourth Division knew?

Orimoto couldn't figure out if she should feel upset that the rumors were so far spread that even a Captain from another division knew, or embarrassed, or sad.

As she stood there for a moment with hesitation she finally turned. "Ummm...hypothetically if I did know somebody with a sleeping problem what would you recommend?" She asked trying to sound casual. "Hypothetically, of course." As soon as the words left her mouth she felt like an idiot. Nobody EVER said hypothetically unless it was a problem, and if the rumors had spread and the Captain already knew she'd just look dumber. Plus by asking she basically gave away the fact she had been lying. A light blush crossed her face as she berated herself inside. Not only had she ruined any chance of getting away without it being obvious she was lying, but she did it in such a stupid way.

Way to go, genius...put yourself in a battle and you can out think and strategize, but discuss a simple matter to just get some stupid fake paperwork and you say something on Jiro's IQ level... She thought to herself. She started to turn again, but realized that would make it worse. Turning and walking away from a Captain was rude and would get her in huge trouble. She would just have to go with it now and hope that the Captain would understand.
    Last edited by Major; 2011-10-17 at 06:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orimoto nods and gets up and heads to the door. She hesitates for a moment. Did this Captain already know? Captains were smart and knew a lot of things. Had people from her division been telling other divisions about her problem so that even the Fourth Division knew?

Orimoto couldn't figure out if she should feel upset that the rumors were so far spread that even a Captain from another division knew, or embarrassed, or sad.

As she stood there for a moment with hesitation she finally turned. "Ummm...hypothetically if I did know somebody with a sleeping problem what would you recommend?" She asked trying to sound casual. "Hypothetically, of course." As soon as the words left her mouth she felt like an idiot. Nobody EVER said hypothetically unless it was a problem, and if the rumors had spread and the Captain already knew she'd just look dumber. Plus by asking she basically gave away the fact she had been lying. A light blush crossed her face as she berated herself inside. Not only had she ruined any chance of getting away without it being obvious she was lying, but she did it in such a stupid way.

Way to go, genius...put yourself in a battle and you can out think and strategize, but discuss a simple matter to just get some stupid fake paperwork and you say something on Jiro's IQ level... She thought to herself. She started to turn again, but realized that would make it worse. Turning and walking away from a Captain was rude and would get her in huge trouble. She would just have to go with it now and hope that the Captain would understand.
    Fujiwara Akira gives a thoughtful smile. "I would find out the cause and then try to administer an appropriate treatment. The cause typically covers things such as emotional, mental or even moral trauma; conflict with one's Zanpakuto; a unique adjustment period with one's developing reiatsu; stress; nutritional and fitness issues stuff like that."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha nods. Yeah, sure! She seems excited. At least, a little bit.

You want me to use a practice dummy? She points at one with her zanpakuto, causing the keychain hanging from the pommel to jingle a little.
    "Uh...yeah. That would work just fine." Koujin walks closer. He'll look back if Hachirou doesn't walk with him, subtly gesturing to join him.

"How about that one there?" He points to one of the less battered training dummies, just a simple humanoid form of wood. "I'm not looking for anything particularly fancy at first, just a demonstration of how well you know the basics of zanjutsu."

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    "Uh...yeah. That would work just fine." Koujin walks closer. He'll look back if Hachirou doesn't walk with him, subtly gesturing to join him.

"How about that one there?" He points to one of the less battered training dummies, just a simple humanoid form of wood. "I'm not looking for anything particularly fancy at first, just a demonstration of how well you know the basics of zanjutsu."
    Alysha nods. Sure!

She'll approach the dummy, take a stance, and start.

Her zanjutsu is about average. Koujin might notice that she doesn't do any fatal strikes. Her style seems to favor defense.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nao

"Yes. I'm looking into the recent attack by Kujo and his operatives in greater detail. I don't quite trust the 'facts' as they are shown right now. I thought you could help me with that, officer Karashi." A smile crosses Nao's mouth as he lowers the hood from his face. It seems that in his office, he feels more comfortable, and also that there aren't any snooping second divisioners.

Suzume

A sharp inhalation is all that gets let out of Suzume's mouth as the pain rips into her stomach. But as the fourth divisioner finishes talking, she bolts up from her seat on the cot and slams her palm into the small table she has for meals. "You want to know what caring about this damn place got me!?" She screams at the medic before grabbing at the girl's collar. "It got me nothing. Nothing but this wound. Not even so much as thanks for two centuries of loyalty and near death experiences. That stupid fat cow of a captain never so much as visited me when Hannibal almost decapitated me. Kazuo either, even though I was fighting to protect his division. If Hannibal hadn't broke through for a split second, I wouldn't be here today. She sits back down angrily. "So take your naive pride and desire to help the people of Seretei and go to them. See what it's worth. No one cares what you do, how you do it, or who you help. In the end you're a shinigami. Not worth the spirit particles you're made of. When you're dead, no one will remember you. No one will vouch for you. Your work means nothing. I'm getting executed despite my knowledge of Kujo's plan and the others who came in for the attack. They're still here, hiding in plain sight."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!