New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Masquerade in Royal Court

I, Ascott Lascelles, am happy to announce, that a masquerade shall be held in the Lomb Circle, with a delightful gala in the Royal Court, hosted by the House Laurier. Let us celebrate life and live for the day. The theme of the event shall be Old Talidor, so please flaunt your sense of style.

Champions [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It’s a bit odd, that you claim that Gregoria has ample supply of cheap labor force, when the Orks, who represented most of it have left Gregoria. Perhaps you were misinformed about the situation?''

ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m hoping to see you attendance at the Masquerade – it’ll be a perfect opportunity to steer the nobles and merchants into expanding our eastern trade. I’m counting on your support [Realpolitik Trait].''

Industrlialists [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m appealing to the law in the matter of the Southside Factories. Would you be able to submit evidence of your ownership to ESBA?''

ESBA [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’d like to file a lawsuit against the Gear’s Chosen for illegal possession of the Southside Factories, which by all right belong to the well-respected Industrialists of the City.''

[I’ll put an action about fling the papers in my EoT – can I count on the ruling by the next turn? Or prior, since I believe the evidence in my client’s case is overwhelming (Industrialists do have the paperwork & witnesses, confirming their owner’s right?).

Gear’s Chosen
    [If ESBA agrees, I expect a notice to be served to the Gear’s Chosen of the lawsuit?]

Peacocks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''By the way. Gear’s Chosen… It’s possible they’ll be hard pressed this month, leaving few of their troops to defend Druemont. And Mercantile Guild mentioned wanting to expand there. What do you think of helping them out [MIL] in exchange for either [WEL] or some other concession? There is also the matter of reward for the Industrial Presses.

Heladuit Court [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I sincerely hope to see the bright Heladuits at the Masquerade and I hope your business picks up with the demand for masques and costumes. I’d be making an order for [2 WEL] of your tailor work for decorations.''

Sausage Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m filing a lawsuit against Gear’s Chosen on the matter of Factories they illegally possess. I believe either Mercantile Guild or your Guild should enforce the verdict that I do not doubt, will be in our favour - restoring the Industrialists their factories, while taking control over the neighborhood. What do you think of such project?''

Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Will restoring Industrialists their factories mean they’d be controlling the neighbourhood or is it as with say Peacocks, where I still get Stat Caps.

Blackspell Watch [6?]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’d like to discuss a certain issue. The Blackspell Watch was established to protect the Blackgage District and you have done your duty well. However, I believe you should be more and I plan to raise the issue with the Board of Trustees in the near future. The city needs a force to protect us against magical threats, and with further equipment, funding, weapons you can become that force. As your erstwhile benefactor, I’m in the process of arranging those. This is a time of great challenges, but also great opportunities. Those bold enough to take them… Well, let’s just say that with sufficient clout with nobility, it’s always possible for the Blackspell Watch to become Blackspell Knights. I believe that it’s a definite possibility. But before I start making the necessary steps to make it into reality, I’d like to confirm, that you are prepared to take this responsibility, alongside the rewards and would support me in working towards this goal.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Tregon to the Wardens

Spoiler
    Show
    "Certainly, we can match those numbers."

An open message to the city

"We will want to trade with the city in the future. Having a base in the city, an embassy, if you want to call it that, would make that easier. So we wish to get our hands on some city territory. Anything available from purchase? It seems that with several factions leaving or destroyed recently, there might be something open for conquest, as well."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-01-07 at 07:21 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

The Champions grant control of Resseville, Hopers and the Stockyards North to the Sausage Guild, in exchange for 3 wealth/turn, to be possibly reclaimed at a later date.

To Bloodhaven: [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "On reflection I was quite wrong. Interesting that the good general did not see fit to correct me. I'm offering him help, and his fear of outside influence is getting in the way. Oh well."

"We can simply do things the other way round. The streets of Sav Altulas still have many homeless and unemployed. I'll offer them work in Gregoria. It might take a while before Gregoria is producing enough resources to sell to Sav Altulas, so probably not a good idea to work on the trade route quite yet."

"I guess if you wish you could help with the relocation. Clearing your own streets of poverty would look quite good for the hospital."
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-01-07 at 08:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tregon

''I believe ''conquest'' isn't a word you should use, lest the good people of the city start raising eyebrows. If you wish for an Embassy, then the natural place for it would be in the Embassy Row.''

Champions:
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC]: need to think on it, though my resources this turn might be stretched thin.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-07 at 08:14 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Matoff, Lord Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Matoff frowned, and steepled his fingers. "I have no doubt as to your intentions, and indeed I agree with many aspects of what you say," he said, "save for a few key facts, the foremost among which is that the common man should have no say in the matter of his governance for the simple reason that they do not know what is best for them. I am sure someone who knew more about the metallurgical arts than I could come up with a suitable metaphor for me--your Ser Wallenstein, perhaps, he seems fairly knowledgeable. Something involving an overeager apprentice jumping to conclusions about alloys that a master would understand to be unsound...something along those lines, anyway." He sighed. "Allow me to drop the analogies for a moment, before they begin to overwhelm the discussion. The simple truth of the matter is that the peasantry do not know how to rule a city. Any body formed from them would be filled with whatever populist demagogues managed to garner enough votes for their ill-informed agenda. If the nobility were still in charge, or if the voice of the mob could be checked by a strong king, then that would not be so bad; but simple men, once they have caught a taste of power and influence, cannot help but crave more. We are inured to it, you and I, for we are the ones who daily make the decisions that keep the city running, but such things would be new to those who lack our vision. That is where the true danger of Richter comes from, this insistent demand for rights--it is nothing more than a lever with which to pry open the doors of power. The Ram, the Blackfist, they are addicts, not able or willing to heed the damage that their obsession could cause."

His voice became harder, gaining a slight but noticeable edge. "For an example of what I mean, an example that may answer your question as to what I think of the city as it is, you need look no further than the merchants you so readily defend. You have accused James of plotting to destroy the Mercantile's Guild and the power of the Sovereign Guilds, and I can think of no better thing for him to be doing, for those moneycounters--not so far removed from the peasantry that their ancestors were, not so long ago!--do not mark the consequences of their actions." He paused, and fiddled with the brandy for a moment, as though his fingers were trying to decide whether to pour a cup independently of his mind. "For as long as the Guild has existed, the Mercantiles and the Wardens have been on edge," he said at last. "Their essential dispute is a simple one. The Wardens are a knightly order, with honor and a long and respectable history; they are almost akin to the nobility in their ability to look at the larger picture. They defend the city from its enemies, or at least the city's caravans through the lands beyond, which amounts to the same thing these days. As such, they know better than most the hatred that the warlords of these lands hold for the shining jewel of Sav Altulas. Those who do not want our city for their own simply want to watch it burn, to erase the fact that they are not capable of controlling such a magnificent thing. The Wardens know that any advantage we give to the vultures beyond our walls may be a fatal one, especially now that we have lost the protection of the sorceress. And yet, the Mercantile's Guild still runs caravans to the warlords. Flintlocks move out of the Smokeyards and into the Shattered Lands, or Verdan tinker-princes contract with the Guild to ship their doomsday bombs, but to the merchants it is all just coin, and damn the fact that our enemies are gaining strength." Lord Matoff finally set down the brandy decanter, apparently having decided he wasn't thirsty after all. "This is what King James was trying to remove from our city," he said, "and this is what I see as the common mob starts to think it has power. You must give them nothing--nothing--that could be dangerous, as you would not give a blade to a child; and power, or even the illusion of it, is a gravely dangerous toy indeed."

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Remember to put that in your EoT.

2. Gear's Chosen ESP-D, with penalties since their only person in the area at the moment is their VIP, Joshua.

3. A pretty major one. The internal disputes were just to fluff the fact that they were taking no action because puppyavenger was missing.

oblivion6/Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Protectorate of the Blood

1. Imports: None. Exports: Hostile stares. Political beliefs: Blood is everything, family is sacred, and the Lord Protector is the Father to All. Political groups: The Lord Protector, the Heartless (loyal to the Lord Protector), and the Prince in Chains (little is known). They seem to be really, really good at blood magic and healing.

2. Your contacts certainly seem to believe it.

Shattered Lands

1. General Rhodarmer is trying very hard to avoid what he sees as an inevitable military attack on his position. James has been asked to look into "strange mist" in the north.

House Laurier to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. Though I must warn you that outfitting every guard in your employ would be a mite expensive--usually such things are reserved for knights and their retainers. How many soldiers are you planning on equipping?

Industrialists to Bloodhaven (3)
    Spoiler
    Show

That would be just the thing to move forward from the, ah, unpleasantness with the Blackfist, now that that situation has so recently been dealt with. Of course we will attend.

As for your other message, of course we have the proper documents. Most of them, anyway--those that weren't in factory manager safes when the properties changed hands de facto, as it were.

Peacocks to Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

...Huh. Guess it's time to start eating anything but Guild sausages, now that they're tracking people with them. Fellow at your clinic was telling me I should diversify my diet anyway.

As for the Chosen, we would love to cause them some more trouble.

Drover's Associations to Orc Uprising (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sure, we could get some kind of arrangement going on. How much you need?

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius
    Will restoring Industrialists their factories mean they’d be controlling the neighbourhood or is it as with say Peacocks, where I still get Stat Caps.
    They would be controlling them, since no one actually controls Silvathrien (where they are based). They are, map-wise, one of two independent NPC factions.

Blackspell Watch to Bloodhaven (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

That's a major change you're talking about, Doctor. Not a bad one, no, not at all, but going from a neighborhood watch to a knightly order is a damn big step. You sure we could pull that off? Because frankly I am not.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2013-01-08 at 01:54 AM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

6. - Top - End - #996

Tregon to the Drover's Association [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    "As much as you can deliver and we can pay for. (5 t.wealth). If there's two things we have in great numbers, it's workers and mouths to feed."

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Blackspell Watch, Bloodhaven: [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll need to know quite a bit more about you, but if everything checks out; the doctor vouching for you is certainly a good sign, then I'm willing to officially knight you."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Matoff-Wallen PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The problem still lies in the checks and balances of the thing.

The Mercantile Guild tends to be very zealous when it comes to its markets, in the same way we are overzealous regarding our rights.
    And, in a similar way, they look upon anyone trying to change their trade with disgust.

The warlords are not to be feared, if we listen to what the Wardens said last month, so the damage the Merchants did it's probably not so bad.

We could stop that, you know. By standing together, we could.

Our enemies gain strenght because no one has enough force to give order.

It seems to me that King James, more than defending the city from its enemies, was defending himself from people who would not allow him to have an absolute reign. Which is good for us. Do you think James will be good for the nobility?

The Wardens are knightly indeed. We should be careful, lest they want to take our place.

The key point between us is the participation of the commoners in the sistem of government. We are somewhat tied up there. A big part of my power base is formed by merchants, and I'll lose their support if I back out on that. A big part of yours comes from the Old Families; and you'll lose yours if you do.

Do you think there is common ground to make our Party members discuss it further?

Can we ally, even when we don't agree on that for now?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to put spoilers before posting. If anyone saw anything, could you look here? (Points to tip of neuralizer)
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2013-01-08 at 10:35 AM.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists to Industrialists/Bloodheaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be happy to. However, we are also going to try and improve workplace safety. Healthy workers are more motivated, and more loyal to the factory.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

To Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Focus
    Yes there can be multiple focuses, in fact that is one of the key factors of the ritual. Be determining the strength the of the resonance with a particular focus, and using several focuses we can more particularly identify a specific person. For instance currently we can differenitiate between members of the Sausage Guild, residents of Gilded, members of the SGA, and any other residents of the city. With more focuses we expect our resolution to increase significantly. Plus more focuses make the system more secure. If an enemy determined one focus they could likely remove the source of the sympathetic connection with themselves. With multiple focuses it becomes harder and harder to avoid all connections. Not impossible of course, but we doubt the majority of the cities spies will take to living the lives of ascetic monks just to avoid the grid.

As for currency there is no need to make up excuses. Working with the Exchange we have already begun the distribution of a new Sav Altulas currency which is substantially better in terms of durability and proof against counterfeiting. We expect it to come into common place use in a few months. And of course we have the prototypes to use as focuses.

Runic Guides
    Right now just Gilded. We hesitate to place the guides without asking permission first. Laying magic rituals beneath people's feet could be taken the wrong way. Expanding them beyond gilded will require some finesse and tact, which is why we have decided to contact others at this point.

Downline
    As you may know we have been extending our metro on a fairly regular basis. You have already hit upon the fact that we could potentially run runic guides through it. What you don't know is that the metro itself has been dug in the shape of a single massive rune. It is not perfect of course, we had to tunnel where we could, but the closer to the rune which our metro aligns the more powerful the final Grid that can be based on it. Downline lies precisely on the rune. We could divert around it of course, but it would disrupt the pattern much more severely than a slightly misaligned tunnel.

Resources
    Right now we would most like to finish the metro and its rune pattern. For that wealth would actually be more suitable in hiring laborers to dig the tunnels than your mages would be. We would also appreciate any assistance in sweeping the territories we have acquired from the champions for spies, or sweeping Fat Tippest for booby traps left in our Metro station there. Neither is critical to the project itself, but it would allow us to focus more of our own resources in that direction.

Gear's Chosen
    We would rather not use our men as enforcers for a legal verdict. We find it slightly distasteful, but we will support the outcome of the verdict if necessary.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is the Conductor going to respond?

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Sausage Guild, Mercantile Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Runic Guides

Do you believe that factions, beyond Bloodhaven and Mercantile Guild, will allow placement of Runic Guides? And if they allow it, won’t they request full access to the information collected by them? And once the knowledge of the Grid’s existence public, as I expect, for example Ram or ESBA, won’t wish to hide it from the masses, how do you expect the people would react? I expect the Sausage Guild to grow much less popular. Plus if one knows about the Gird, bypassing it would be much easier. A regular man might not wish to lead a life of ascetic, but an assassin can put up with it – with guards growing reliant on the Gird, it might actually make it easier for somebody to slip in.

[So… we put the resources into the Grid and everybody else gets it for free? I’m not in the charity business. ]

Downline

The problem is, if you run the rune through the wild magic, created by the Longspeak Tower, I expect it will cause havoc. I can’t even begin to predict the full consequences of such potent magic going out of control. You need to examine how deep underground the effects of the Wild Magic go, to determine, if you can extend a rune there. The only other alternative would be to fix the Longspeak Tower, while dealing with whatever creature resides there – a task for which we’ll need far more magic and firepower, then we have between us.

Resources

I’ll support payment to workers, as long as you confirm, where they’ll be digging. I expect you’ll be using SGA funds as well? My agents are unfortunately engaged in a vital operation, that I can’t divert them from.

[I’m in a process of two major projects to greatly advance my current position, hence so little commitment. I expect my resources to be much expanded and available next month.]

Gears

[This removes the certainty of victory in this venture, though I feel odds still favour us. Still unfortunate.]

Masquerade

Will Bloodhand be attending the Masquerade in the Lomb Circle? It could be a good way for him to announce his return to the realm of the living.

Mercantile Guild

Greetings. I have invited you to the conversation for two reasons. First, for you to hear of the Sausage Guild’s plan – as you control the main entrance to the city, your assistance would be vital, that newcomers to the city don’t slip through the cracks in the system. And after all most of the traffic goes through the Traitor’s Bridge.

Second to discuss certain arrangements between us.

Gears

Unfortunately, Sausage Guild won’t support enforcement of the court verdict to have the Factories returned to their rightful owners, the Industrialists. But I believe between your guards, and forces I and my associates can provide, we stand a fair chance, nether the less.

Masquarade

I shall arrange the meeting between your representative and the Industrialists during the Masquerade. I believe with the jingle of coins for the eastern trade venture and our restoration of the South Factories to them, they’ll be most amiable to partnership with the Mercantile Guild. I’ll be putting a good word as well, naturally.

Protectorate of Blood

I’ll need full access to your Contacts with Protectorate and an assistance of your [ESP]. I believe this project will be most beneficial to our future cooperation, both in terms of Sausage Guild proposal and making certain our position isn’t threatened by the sword of the robbers, who covet our wealth.

*We sort of discussed this in PMs, so I’m putting this in officially in IC.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-09 at 06:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Runic Guides
    We certainly don't want to make this information public for exactly those reasons. However we are not confident in our ability to conduct such a large scale working on our own without others realizing. Hence we have simply not committed anything to hint of the ultimate nature of the metro project before we are ready. Again that is why we felt it necessary to bring you into the project. We are confident that we can trust you, and having at least one partner in the project is likely a necessity as the scale is too large for any one guild.

(Of course not. I just wasn't going to leave evidence that could be used against me lying around before I was ready. At the very least I can easily key the information to only be available to people we want. In fact extending it so other people can use it would probably cost more.)

Downline
    Certainly that is a problem. In the worse case we can tunnel downwards. We have done so in other parts of the city. There is almost nothing on the surface that can effect things below sublevel one.

(I've dug so much that I've divided up the different layers of my workings into levels for easy reference. It gets more expensive the deeper you go is the problem.)

Resources
    We certainly won't be using SGA resources on this project. That would be a misuse of our power as director. We would have to get SGA authorization first at the very least. And we do not particularly wish to inform the entire SGA of this project.

Perhaps you could set aside the money you can spare for now? We do not actually have the manpower to spare to direct laborers to expand the metro currently. And we doubt that unsupervised workers are capable of using directing our digging beasts. We of course understand the necessity of having to deal with other projects first. We obviously have another project we wish to complete besides this one as well.

(Wealth can be stored for later. And my traits halve the cost of digging tunnels so I would prefer to be directly involved to maximize funding efficiency. But I can understand the need to work on other things. Next month will probably work better for both of us.)

Gears
    (Realize that my military is also my primary digging crew. Every turn I need to fight is a turn I can't dig. So I don't like fighting. I'll help if I need to though.)

Masquerade
    We have not received an invitation to this Masquerade.

(Or if I did I missed reading it.)

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Sausage Guild [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Runic Guides

I believe we can find ways of being discreet for this project. I have a few ideas, though I'll need time to prepare for their implementation.

Resources

''I can provide you with [3 WEL]. You'll probably need to specify to dig as deep as needed to avoid Wild Magic, since I doubt it'll be a good thing for the rune. Have you considered employing orkish labor? Under your supervision, they should be able to dig efficiently even without digging beasts, due to their raw strength. I believe they were miners before.''

''How much power will this ritual require? Is this one of the cases, where the more, the better?''

[Why is the Metro Rune required? Will act as a massive Runic Guide? for the whole city? That'll solve the issue with secrecy somewhat.]

Gears

[Well, as far as I understand Mr. Bloodhand is one man army and I don't think he as useful in digging... But I understand, that you wouldn't wish to risk him, after his brush with death.]

SGA

[You should probably invest SGA funds in expanding stat caps, since they are at the limit.]

Masquerade

This is more or less the invitation (I did announce it publicly)

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resources
    The more the better is generally the accepted view for things like this.

(The Metro Rune is basically a giant magic circle that will act as a power source and guide. The larger and more circular it is the more power it provides to the project. To give an understanding of what I am talking about the other application, which I considered and discarded as a bit too evil, was to use it as an energy amplifier to turn Bloodhand into a demigod. I actually mentioned this in the OOC, but you probably thought I was joking at the time.

Anyway I have discussed this Zemalac and he said that using it to cast a city wide census spell is a viable idea. So I assume it is sufficient to the task. And trying to do it with straight magic, would probably be more difficult.)

Gears
    [Yeah but there are things down in the depths. Why do you think my diggers are all armed.

Actually to tell you the truth I was planning to open negotiations with the deep dwellers, which I figure will require a VIP.]

SGA
    [That's what I was planning.]
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-01-09 at 05:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Sausage Guild/Bloodhaven[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resources: What resources would you require for the Runes? I cant spare much since i'm currently invested in several fairly important projects but I can potentially spare a few [WEL]

Gears: If the Church of Neposh does indeed attack then I think it should be relatively simple to take Factories South. Whats more, the Gears will likely be attacking the Rams as well, further dividing them.

Protectorate of Blood: I have 8 spy divisions and the Protectorate Exiles set aside to help you. Let me know if you want more and I could probably provide a VIP as well.

Industrialists: I have about 5 WEL, plus my REP, Influence and the Trader going towards this. Should be enough.]

16. - Top - End - #1006

Drover's Associations to Orc Uprising (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Doable, doable...we'll start gathering the animals now.

Lords Matoff and Wallen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Matoff sighed. "I do not think I can stand with you," he said, "at least not in the way that you want. I do believe you mean well, and you at least think you have the best interests of our class at heart, but I cannot for the life of me condone your methods." He leaned forward. "Listen to me now. We need James. He is a man who makes promises to everyone, who will promise and do whatever he thinks is necessary in order to gain the throne. He is, in a word, manipulable. He is the perfect puppet-king, offering his empty promises to the wind while we, those who know better, those who have been educated and raised for the task, run the city. That is what I see for the future, and that is what I desire. None of this nonsense about giving commoners rights or a say in governance. None of this democracy, or constitutional monarchy, or whatever it is you think will save us. Pure, simple mastery is what I see in James, and I am astonished that you do not see the same."

He sat back. "Nevertheless, I do believe that whatever means you use you do intend nothing but good for me and mine," he said. "I will not oppose you--indeed, you will note that I have not opposed you--unless I feel I can no longer ignore the lines you are willing to cross. Implicating James in some bizarre anarchistic treason is one of those lines. I apologize, but someone had to speak up, before you took this mess any further."

The Conductor to Sausage Guild/Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Conductor, in person, has none of the stuttering style of his letters. He is a small, ordinary looking man in chalk-white robes, with a neat grey beard and a raspy voice.

"Would you ask the Exchange if I could take a look at their new currency?" he asks diffidently. "Myself and Felix Urd have not spoken for two years, three months and twenty-seven days, and I must regrettably acknowledge that he would rather keep it that way."
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #1007

NinjaGuy

Matoff-Wallen PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wallen sighed himself this time.
    ”Well… I used to think the same as you about James. Now, I’m not so convinced. He looks manipulable, but the man is smarter than that.
    Don’t underestimate him. Do you think him defeated? He is stronger now than ever, I think.

Between you and I, I admit that accusing him in court was a mistake. I should have never done that.
    But now the damage is done. And I’m not finding a way to undo it.

I’m interested to make amends, but I can’t find a way to.
    Do you think it can be done?”

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

To the Mercantile Guild/Bloodhaven/Conductor (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resources
    [Magic and Wealth mostly, although anything could be of use.]

Conductor
    (I am assuming that with my continued involvment in the project and specifically my effort last turn I have samples of the currency on hand. If so I show them to the Conductor.)

"Here is the currency itself. From what we understand the prototype had eight parts gold to one part copper and one part tin, although the Exchange may have made some modifications since then. If you want more a detailed look at them we are willing to try and arrange something with the Exchange."

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Blackspell Watch & Champions [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’m most grateful for your majesty’s support. Once I’ve secured more resources for the Blackspell Watch, to meet the obligations, their much expanded station would require, I will be most happy to call on your power.''

Sausage Guild/Mercantile Guild/Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Dwellers Below

''I hope you’ll inform me about the results of the diplomatic effort. If those creatures can be reasoned with… Well, turning a threat into a useful tool is would be most clever.''

Power of Ritual

''As I’ve said, I believe, I’ll have a considerable reservoir of magical energy to tap next month. This is when we perform the ritual? By the way, do you plan to use Blood Magic? Will the blood the Sausage Guild produces in the course of its business be suitable?''

Sympathetic Magic

''It will be easy for me to acquire more focuses for sympathetic magic.''

Gears

''What makes you say they would attack Ram? And is there a risk Ram’s troops would move in to South Factories? We wouldn’t want our efforts to run into each other.''

Conductor

''Somebody will need to confirm, that the Metro Rune below Downline would be outside the Wild Magic of the Longspeak Tower. I don’t think we should risk the Longspeak interference.''

''How much useful information, will we be receiving?''

''Would it be possible to preform magic through the Grid, using the sympathetic connection to direct the spells at great distances? Or perhaps work subtle influence on people? I feel I should ask this now.''

''That storm of Gear's Chosen - would it be possible to harness its power for the ritual? If we are in control of the Celestial Network.''

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Sausage Guild/Bloodhaven/Conductor[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Resources: Alright, I shall see what I can provide, but it wont be much.

Gears: I have intercepted messages from the Gears to the Wren stating that the Rams would be dealt with for their betrayal.

I dont think we have to worry ourselves over the Ram moving his forces into Factories South. We spoke and assured me his efforts would be defensive in nature. Apart from the Gears, he also fears the Wardens recent expansion.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Turn 15 Results
    August, 1033 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard

With The Fury Of Ten Thousand Pens

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

An assault on the Gear's Chosen in Factories South by Mercantile's Guild, Bloodhaven and Peacocks forces goes poorly for the attackers.

The military district to the south of Runner's City begins to take shape, and surveyors are trying to map out all of the holes that smugglers have knocked in the old city walls.

The Mercantile's Guild has begun construction of housing for the poor and crippled.

House Laurier has held a masquerade ball with the intent of wooing the nobility of the city into business arrangements with the family. The masquerade is attended by Alscot Lascelles, Lord StigBalathad, Lord Matoff and many others.

Security experts report that the last of the booby traps the Blackfist set around the Fat Tippest Metro have been disarmed. People are stepping cautiously all the same.

The Peacocks have taken over management of the Royal Arena in Hopers.

The Sausage Guild now patrols former Champions territories in the Lower City.

White-Stripe mages repairing the large fountain known colloquially as "The Pond" were attacked by some sort of giant monster that burst out from underneath it. Fortunately, the only mage eaten by the monster had taken the monster-hunting elective at Daimot University, and was able to cut his way out. The monster's corpse is being held at Daimot for research purposes, and the fountain is working again.

Bloodhaven lawyers, on behalf of several prominent industrialists, have filed lawsuits against the Gear's Chosen over their occupation of Factories South.

The Lodstrom Party Guard has been intercepting and interrogating couriers in Party-controlled territories.

An attempt to destroy necromancers in Mendicant's Field turned into a religious war when the Church of Neposh seized the chance to destroy what they consider heretic temples. Clockwork Swords have been spotted fighting alongside Jujhar Lions and the Shields of the Guardian, while House Wallen troops retreat from the neighborhood in good order.

A missionary expedition from the Church of Neposh has left for Merdallan, led by Richard Hearthfeather.

After much research into how to kill skin-walkers, the Wardens and the Orcs of Tregon are reporting that the Upside Circle in the forest to the east of the city has been destroyed, leaving much prime lumber open for the taking.

The Champion flags on Traitor's Bridge have been swapped out for Warden ones.

Rumor has it that Exchange and Sausage Guild intelligence forces are working closely together these days.

A massive combined military and magical force from the Sausage Guild is alternately confused and attacked by wild mages in Downline.

The Silversmith's Guild guards are looking very sharp.

Wards on Silversmith shops are glowing brighter of late.

A massive amount of cattle and other animal stocks have been purchased by the village of Tregon.

Rumor has it that the Champions of Sovereignty and the Order of the Wren are fighting a death cult of the Dead God Duvan Ku somewhere to the north of Gregoria.

Both the ESGE and the EBSA have launched crackdowns on crime in their respective territories. The Halls of Final Justice are busy once again with the work they were built for, and Gatehouse Prison is once again accepting the condemned.

More ESGE gentlemen have been spotted flying over the lake.

The Heladuit Court has paved the streets around their manor with solid gold. Thieves are baffled by its supernatural ability to blunt their chisels.

Rumor has it that a new smuggling ring can get people into and out of the Protectorate of the Blood.

Mail Bag

To Doctor Morden Vassari (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Day, Sir.

It is my understanding that certain associates of yours are engaged in transporting individuals who do not wish to disturb the no doubt very busy members of the Protectorate border guard. I was hoping that I might make the acquaintance of your associates, in order to discuss my own relocation from the country of my birth to one that might, perhaps, prove to be more congenial to my presence.

Respectfully yours,

EDK

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Chosen Press
    4 from Bookbinder's Guild

Turn 16 Begins
    September, 1033 DR
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

The dissection room holds a beasty of most interesting origin and qualities. I was wondering if our Mages could cooperate in studying it and its properties. I believe your good friends would be most interested in the findings.

Blackspell Watch [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''There is a dead creature in the Daimot University, that your Mages would certainly be interested to examine. I believe it can play a part in the future of the Blackspell Watch, I’ve spoke of.''

To Acquaintance across the Borders [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe such meeting could certainly be arranged. I do note that certain factors would affect the carriage charge, as I fear some additional complications may arise, from how much your old friends wish to see you in flesh and in blood. But I’m more then certain we can come to mutually satisfactory arrangements.''

Peacocks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Cursed Gear’s Chosen…

Those prospectors poking holes in the Runner’s City Walls – is that a problem?

[Is EDK requesting a PM meeting? Will smuggling him out be an EoT action?]

P.S. I'm beginning to think the political system of Protectorate isn't so bad. Maybe we should consider importing it to Sav Altulus

23. - Top - End - #1013

ESGE

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed, we would be happy to cooperate in this.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show

Our forces have liberated a nearby Talidorian Standing Stone. If you want to purchase the rights to the land, we'll sell them to you for 1 p.Wealth.

Wardens to SGA
    Spoiler
    Show

Our efforts to survey and begin the repairs of the old city walls have run into a large problem. Mainly, the organized efforts of dozens of smuggling operations to thwart us and keep their holes open. We need more men and coin, but this event fully proves how necessary the work is. The economic situation of the city will not improve if we cannot control what goes in and out, have everyone pay proper taxes and tariffs so our industries remain competitive and keep honest traders in business and finally to prevent the degradation of the lower classes to the vices brought in from abroad, as opposed to vices already present within the City that Sav Altulans can profit from.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #1015

The Church of Neposh

To House Laurier (DESP 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have come to understand that the fighting in the Mendicant’s Field has upset you in some way. We would like to appologize and ask for a chance to explain our actions.

The Grave Guard are not the holy warriors the city believed them to be. Under their watchful "protection" the Grave Guard and the Gears Chosen allowed necromancers to defile the city's dead. We cannot allow this, and therefore must remove the Grave Guard from the fields.

To House Wallen (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to send our thanks for the help with the Necromancers. We understand if you do not wish to get pulled in against the Gears, although we believe their danger to the city needs to be removed.

To Ram Revolution (DESP 8)
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you still have good relations with the Gears Chosen, or do you see the evil they bring into the city?

To Bloodhaven (DESP 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

How badly did the attack in the Factories go for you and your allies? I believe we are on the same side in a war against those that would destroy the city.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To General Rhodarmer: [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello General, I'd like to talk about the future of Gregoria."

"You have a good nation here; battered, but proud. I have no doubt that in time you will return to your former strength. But I can not help but think you could be greater than that."

"You have the potential to rise above your former glory, to become something greater. As does Sav Altulas. United both would be stronger. Not two city-states, but an empire!"

"Your people want a King, Rhodarmer, and I can give that to them. Swear oaths of loyalty to me, as King of Talidor, and I will declare you Duke of Gregoria. I will require you to come to my aid when called, but beyond that you will have the freedom to rule your people."

"If you accept I will of course help you consolidate power here. I trust you to use this lands resources as you see fit in rebuilding, but I'll help along the way how I can."

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Church of Neposh/Mercantile Guild [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We have underestimated the fortifications in place and that they already fixed their pyramid. We suffered losses... maybe not grievous, but considerable nether the less. We are clearly on the same side in this conflict and should work together. How is the fight against heretics proceeding?''

Vasari to Wardens [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would be interested in purchasing the rights – will this include helping me protect my claim? If remnants of Upside Circle return or some other Warlord rolls in, I wouldn’t have troops to expel them by myself.''

SGA/Wardens [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''This is clearly a problem that should be addressed. I would propose that for now, the Guilds Watch be used to deter smugglers, and perhaps we can contribute to fixing the walls. We can recoup our spending from the recovered revenue from the collected tariffs.''

[OOC: I might be able to chip in 1-2 WEL]

House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings, to the esteemed House Laurier,

I would like to make a proposition. The Sellscroll’s Maze has many opportunities to prosper as the Daimot University grows and people become more interested in the wonders of magic. Would you be interested in a partnership with White-Mages in developing this business opportunity?

[OOC: House Laurier keeps control over the neighbourhood. They cede 1 Stat Cap and access to Arcanan Contacts to Bloodhaven (can access the contacts or take them and stat cap back any time they decide to dissolve partnership). White-Stripe Mages develop the place and make sure the [WEL] is rolling in. If Laurier wishes to set some quota of how much [WEL] they want spent in Sellscroll's Maze, we can negotiate one.]

Viche Whitecrane

Peacocks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The Wardens want assistance from the SGA to plug the smuggling operations that are interfering with their walls construction. I believe, we can use this as opportunity to establish alternative smuggling rules, completely under our control and add independent smuggling operations.''

[Okay – how many of those smugglers work for Peacocks and how many are independents?]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-17 at 02:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1018

The Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 13 (I know, right?)

Bloodhaven:
    Spoiler
    Show

I write to ask if you enjoyed my gift, Lascelles, and also to apologize for sending it. That was crass of me, I was being vindictive when I should not have been, hence why I also missed the Masquerade. I am not used to the taste of defeat, it takes me awhile to get my shock under control. Let me make my behavior up to you. My sister, Meredia, wishes to invite you to a congratulatory dinner at our Manor. I assure you, nobody cooks like her. What say you?

-Markus Heladuit
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1019

Advertising:

Need 'em dead? Go orc!

What do anarchist gangs, skinwalkers, Gregorian kings, smugglers, riots, murderous sects, rampaging monsters and warlords on your front lawn have in common?
    They are all problems that can be solved by three feet of orcish steel through the gut!

Come to Trebon for all your brutish orc mercenary needs.

Looking to buy:

-Property on Embassy Row, fit for the embassy of a foreign nation. Good quality building with all amenities prefered, to buy, not rent.

-High quality horses. Strength and endurance over speed or purity of breeding, basic battle training preferred. Looking for breeding pairs as well Price on negotiation.

-Good stone for building. Large quantities preferred. Also looking for masons, architects &c. Experience in fortifications necessary, possibly dangerous conditions, good pay, labourers provided.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Will we be selling an embassy to the Orks?''

Orks of Tregon [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

What would be the rates of your mercenary forces?

Heladuit Court [13]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’ll fault no man’s desire for revenge. It’s a mark of deep passion and passion is pure expression of spirit and virility. Of the magnificent Lord Heladuit I expected no less. While the spineless worms of this city waste their time and efforts of foolishness like houses for the poor and endless, boring talks, you act according to your desires. Intelligent birds, streets paved with gold, cleaning the Havensgate streets of the uncouth. I can’t deny the genius of your projects. Why, if I were to add my skills and contacts to the flair of the Heladuit Family, we would be running the city by the end of the year.''

''I will be most happy to try the lovely Lady Meredia’s cooking. I fear I might not find a worthy gift on such short notice, for which I beg your forgiveness.''

Zemalac/Wardens [PM-OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

What's the territory around the Standing Stone like? Forest? Why does it look like it was placed there?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-17 at 03:05 PM.